Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
- The impact of next-generation sequencing technologies on HLA research.J Hum Genet. 2015; 60: 665-673
- Gene map of the extended human MHC.Nat Rev Genet. 2004; 5: 889-899
- Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) and immune regulation: How do classical and non-classical HLA alleles modulate immune response to human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis C virus infections?.Front Immunol. 2017; 8: 832
- Antigen processing and immune regulation in the response to tumours.Immunology. 2017; 150: 16-24
- HLA variation and disease.Nat Rev Immunol. 2018; 18https://doi.org/10.1038/nri.2017.143
- HLA in transplantation.Nat Rev Nephrol. 2018; 14https://doi.org/10.1038/s41581-018-0039-x
- Understanding the complexity and malleability of T-cell recognition.Immunol Cell Biol. 2015; 93: 433-441
- An update of the HLA genomic region, locus information and disease associations: 2004.Tissue Antigens. 2019; 64: 631-649
- Estimating the prevalence of hematological malignancies and precursor conditions using data from Haematological Malignancy Research Network (HMRN).Cancer Causes Control. 2016; 27: 1019-1026
- The past, present, and future of HLA typing in transplantation.Methods Mol Biol. 1802; : 1-10
- Should HLA mismatch acceptability for sensitized transplant candidates be determined at the high-resolution rather than the antigen level?.Am J Transplant. 2015; 15: 923-930
- Major histocompatibility complex genomics and human disease.Annu Rev Genomics Hum Genet. 2013; 14: 301-323
- Review Article HLA association with drug-induced adverse reactions.J Immunol Res. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/3186328
- HLA-mismatched renal transplantation without maintenance immunosuppression from the transplantation unit.N Engl J Med. 2008; 358: 353-361
- Differential effects of donor-specific HLA antibodies in living versus deceased donor transplant.Am J Transplant. 2018; 18: 2274-2284
- Human leukocyte antigen typing and crossmatch: A comprehensive review.World J Transplant. 2017; 7: 339-348
- A DNA-RFLP typing system that positively identifies serologically well-defined and ill-defined HLA-DR and DQ alleles, including DRw10.Transplantation. 1988; 45: 640-646
- Human lymphocyte antigen molecular typing how to identify the 1250 alleles out there.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2002; 126: 281-284
Hui KM, Bidwell JL. Handbook of HLA Typing Techniques. Boca Raton, FL: Google Books, CRC Press; 1993. (n.d.).
- Techniques used to define human MHC antigens: polymerase chain reaction and oligonucleotide probes.Immunolog Letters. 1991; 29: 37-39
- Comparative study of two methods of HLA-DR typing: serology and PCR/dot blot reverse.Transplant Proceedings. 1997; 29: 2335-2336
- HPA-1 typing by PCR amplification with sequence-specific primers (PCR-SSP): a rapid and simple technique.Br J Haematol. 1993; 85: 227-229
- Rapid HLA-DQB typing by eight polymerase chain reaction amplifications with sequence-specific primers (PCR-SSP).Hum Immunol. 1993; 37: 201-206
- Phototyping: comprehensive DNA typing for HLA-A, B, C, DRB1, DRB3, DRB4, DRB5 & DQB1 by PCR with 144 primer mixes utilizing sequence-specific primers (PCR-SSP).Tissue Antigens. 1995; 46: 355-367
- HLA-DR typing by PCR amplification with sequence-specific primers (PCR-SSP) in 2 hours: an alternative to serological DR typing in clinical practice including donor-recipient matching in cadaveric transplantation.Tissue Antigens. 1992; 39https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1399-0039.1992.tb01940.x
Sanger F, Nicklen S, Coulson AR. DNA sequencing with chain-terminating inhibitors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1977;74(12):5463-7.
- Human leucocyte antigen typing: techniques and technology, a critical appraisal.Int J Immunogenet. 2011; 38: 463-473
- High-resolution, high-throughput HLA genotyping by next-generation sequencing.Tissue Antigens. 2009; 74: 393-403
- Buccal swab genomic DNA fragmentation predicts likelihood of successful HLA genotyping by next-generation sequencing.Hum Immunol. 2017; 78: 634-641
- NGS and HLA: The long road ahead.Hum Immunol. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.humimm.2020.03.001
Shieh M, Chitnis N, Monos D. Human Leukocyte Antigen and Disease Associations: A Broader Perspective. Clin Lab Med 2018;38(4):679-93.
Profaizer T, Kumánovics A. Human Leukocyte Antigen Typing by Next-Generation Sequencing. Clin Lab Med 2018;38(4):565-78.
- Bioinformatics strategies, challenges, and opportunities for next generation sequencing-based HLA genotyping.Transfus Med Hemother. 2019; 46: 312-325
- An integrated genotyping approach for HLA and other complex genetic systems.Hum Immunol. 2015; 76: 928-938
- Next generation sequencing to determine HLA class II genotypes in a cohort of hematopoietic cell transplant patients and donors.Hum Immunol. 2014; 75: 1040-1046
- A multi-site study using high-resolution HLA genotyping by next generation sequencing.Tissue Antigens. 2011; 77: 206-217
- High-throughput next-generation sequencing to genotype six classical HLA loci from 96 donors in a single MiSeq run.HLA. 2017; 90: 284-291
- Performance characteristics and validation of next-generation sequencing for human leucocyte antigen typing.J Mol Diagn. 2016; 18: 668-675
- Development of a high-resolution NGS-based HLA-typing and analysis pipeline.Nucleic Acids Res. 2015; 43: e70
- Ultra-high resolution HLA genotyping and allele discovery by highly multiplexed cDNA amplicon pyrosequencing.BMC Genomics. 2012; 13: 378
- Performance of a multiplexed amplicon-based next-generation sequencing assay for HLA typing.PLoS One. 2020; 15: e0232050
- Rapid high-resolution HLA genotyping by MinION Oxford nanopore sequencing for deceased donor organ allocation.HLA. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1111/tan.13901
- Suitability of dried DNA for long-range PCR amplification and HLA typing by next-generation sequencing.Hum Immunol. 2019; 80: 135-139
- High-throughput multiplex HLA genotyping by next-generation sequencing using multi-locus individual tagging.BMC Genomics. 2014; 15: 864
Walsh PS, Erlich HA, Higuchi R. Preferential PCR amplification of alleles: mechanisms and solutions. PCR Methods Appl 1992;1(4):241-50.
- Quality Control Project of NGS HLA Genotyping for the 17th International HLA and Immunogenetics Workshop.Hum Immunol. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.humimm.2019.01.009
- Clinical validation of next generation sequencing for HLA typing using trusight HLA.Hum Immunol. 2015; 76: 139
- Targeted next-generation sequencing for human leukocyte antigen typing in a clinical laboratory: metrics of relevance and considerations for its successful implementation.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2017; 141: 806-812
- High-resolution HLA-typing by next-generation sequencing of randomly fragmented target DNA.Methods Mol Biol. 2018; : 63-88
- The clinical importance of extended 2nd field high-resolution HLA genotyping for kidney transplantation.Am J Transplant. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1111/ajt.15938
- Variable HLA expression on deceased donor lymphocytes: Not all crossmatches are created equal.Hum Immunol. 2015; 76: 795-800
- OR3 HLA-DPB1 single nucleotide polymorphism determines DP molecule expression and B lymphocyte crossmatch results.Hum Immunol. 2017; 78: 3
- DNA methylation as a mediator of HLA-DRB1 15:01 and a protective variant in multiple sclerosis.Nat Commun. 2018; 9: 1-15
- Continue to focus clinical decision-making on the antigen recognition domain for the present.Hum Immunol. 2019; 80: 79-84
- Recipients receiving better hla-matched hematopoietic cell transplantation grafts, uncovered by a novel hla typing method, have superior survival: a retrospective study.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2019; 25: 443-450
- Computational assessment of miRNA binding to low and high expression HLA-DPB1 allelic sequences.Hum Immunol. 2019; 80: 53-61
- On the structure–function of MHC class II molecules and how single amino acid polymorphisms could alter intracellular trafficking.Hum Immunol. 2019; 80: 15-31
- Role of HLA-B exon 1 in graft-versus-host disease after unrelated haemopoietic cell transplantation: a retrospective cohort study.Lancet Haematol. 2020; 7: e50-e60
- Patient HLA germline variation and transplant survivorship.J Clin Oncol. 2018; 36: 2524-2531
- Extending the sequences of HLA class I alleles without full-length genomic coverage using single molecule real-time DNA sequencing.HLA. 2020; 95: 196-199
- IPD-IMGT/HLA Database.Nucleic Acids Res. 2019; 48: D948-D955
- HLA Typing for the Next Generation.PLoS One. 2015; 10: e0127153
- High-accuracy hla type inference from whole-genome sequencing data using population reference graphs.PLoS Comput Biol. 2016; 12: e1005151
- Fast and accurate HLA typing from short-read next-generation sequence data with xHLA.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017; 114: 8059-8064
- Accurate HLA type inference using a weighted similarity graph.BMC Bioinformatics. 2010; 11: S10
- Assessing the utilization of high-resolution 2-field HLA typing in solid organ transplantation.Am J Transplant. 2019; 19: 1955-1963
This article originally appeared in Advances in Molecular Pathology, Volume 3, Issue 1, November 2020.