Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
- Multicenter evaluation of the BioFire FilmArray Gastrointestinal Panel for etiologic diagnosis of infectious gastroenteritis.J Clin Microbiol. 2015; 53: 915-925
- Multiplex molecular panels for diagnosis of gastrointestinal infection: performance, result interpretation, and cost-effectiveness.J Clin Microbiol. 2015; 53: 3723-3728
- Multiplex gastrointestinal pathogen panels: implications for infection control.Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2015; 82: 154-157
- Use of a culture-independent gastrointestinal multiplex PCR panel during a shigellosis outbreak: considerations for clinical laboratories and public health.J Clin Microbiol. 2015; 53: 1048-1049
- Use of nucleic acid amplification testing for diagnosis of extragenital sexually transmitted infections.J Clin Microbiol. 2017; 55: 2801-2807
- Evaluation of pooled ocular and vaginal swabs by the Cepheid GeneXper CT/NG assay for the detection of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae compared to the GenProbe Aptima Combo 2 assay.Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2015; 81: 102-104
- Sexually transmitted diseases treatment guidelines.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2015; 64
- Reclassification of Clostridium difficile as Clostridioides difficile (Hall and O’Toole 1935) Prevot 1938.Anaerobe. 2016; 40: 95-99
- Evolution of testing algorithms at a university hospital for detection of Clostridium difficile infections.J Clin Microbiol. 2012; 50: 3073-3076
ASM. A practical guidance document for the laboratory detection of toxigenic Clostridium difficile. 2010.
- Clinical practice guidelines for Clostridium difficile infection in adults and children: 2017 update by the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) and Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA).Clin Infect Dis. 2018; 66: 987-994
- Diagnostic accuracy of GeneXpert MTB/RIF assay in comparison to conventional drug susceptibility testing method for the diagnosis of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis.PLoS One. 2017; 12: e0169798
- The new Xpert MTB/RIF Ultra: improving detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and resistance to rifampin in an assay suitable for point-of-care testing.Mbio. 2017; 29: 812-817
- Diagnosis of smear-negative tuberculosis is greatly improved by Xpert MTB/RIF.PLoS One. 2017; 12: e0176186
- Multicenter clinical evaluation of the Xpert GBS LB assay for detection of group B Streptococcus in prenatal screening specimens.J Clin Microbiol. 2015; 53: 443-448
- Intrapartum group B Streptococcus screening in the labor ward by Xpert GBS real-time PCR.Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2018; 37: 265-270
- Evaluation of StrepB carrot broth versus Lim broth for detection of group B Streptococcus colonization status of near-term pregnant women.J Clin Microbiol. 2008; 46: 2780-2782
- Evaluation of three commercial broth media for pigment detection and identification of a group B Streptococcus (Streptococcus agalactiae).J Clin Microbiol. 2009; 47: 4161-4163
- Culture-based method with performance comparable to that of PCR-based methods for detection of Group B Streptococcus in screening samples from pregnant women.J Clin Microbiol. 2013; 51: 1253-1255
- Multicenter clinical evaluation of the novel Alere i Strep A isothermal nucleic acid amplification test.J Clin Microbiol. 2015; 53: 2258-2261
- Accurate detection of Streptococcus pyogenes at the point of care using the Cobas Liat Strep A nucleic acid test.Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2017; 56: 1128-1134
- Use of a high-sensitivity rapid strep test without culture confirmation of negative results: 2 years’ experience.J Fam Pract. 2000; 49: 34-38
- The relationship between hand hygiene and health care-associated infection: it’s complicated.Infect Drug Resist. 2015; 8: 7-18
- An integrative review of the current evidence on the relationship between hand hygiene interventions and the incidence of health care-associated infections.Am J Infect Control. 2008; 36: 333-348
- Decreasing methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus surgical site infections with chlorhexidine and mupirocin.Am J Infect Control. 2013; 41: 629-633
- Effectiveness of decolonization with chlorhexidine and mupirocin in reducing surgical site infections: a systematic review.Dimens Crit Care Nurs. 2016; 35: 204-222
- Clinical evaluation of the BD ProbeTec Neisseria gonorrhoeae Qx amplified DNA assay on the BD Viper system with XTR technology.Sex Transm Dis. 2012; 39: 147-153
- Performance of the APTIMA Combo 2 assay for detection of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae in female urine and endocervical swab specimens.J Clin Microbiol. 2003; 41: 304-309
- Performance of the Abbott Real Time CT/NG for detection of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae.J Clin Microbiol. 2010; 48: 3236-3243
- Comparison of the Cobas 4800 CT/NG test with culture for detecting Neisseria gonorrhoeae in genital and nongenital specimens in a low-prevalence population in New Zealand.J Clin Microbiol. 2013; 51: 1505-1509
- Performance of the Cepheid CT/NG Xpert Rapid PCR Test for detection of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae.J Clin Microbiol. 2013; 51: 1666-1672
- Multicenter diagnostic accuracy evaluation of the Luminex ARIES Real-Time PCR Assay for Group B Streptococcus detection in Lim-enriched samples.J Clin Microbiol. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1128/JCM.01768-17
- Comparison of the AmpliVue, BD Max System, and illumigene molecular assays for detection of group B Streptococcus in antenatal screening specimens.J Clin Microbiol. 2015; 53: 1938-1941
- Evaluation of Simplexa Group A Strep Direct kit compared to Hologic Group A Streptococcal Direct Assay for detection of Group A Streptococcus in throat swabs.J Clin Microbiol. 2018; 56 ([pii:e01666-17])
- Multicenter evaluation of the Solana Group A Streptococcus assay: comparison with culture.J Clin Microbiol. 2016; 54: 2388-2390
- Detection of Streptococcus pyogenes by use of illumigene Group A Streptococcus assay.J Clin Microbiol. 2013; 51: 4207-4209
This article originally appeared in Advances in Molecular Pathology, Volume 1, Issue 1, November 2018.
Disclosure Statement: The author serves on Advisory Boards for DiaSorin Molecular, BioRad, BD, and Roche Diagnostics. He has received research funding from Quidel, DiaSorin Molecular, and DiaGenode and speaking honoraria from Quidel.