To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Evaluation of radiometric system for detecting bacteremia.Appl Microbiol. 1973; 26: 368-372
- Detection of yeast septicemia by biphasic and radiometric methods.J Clin Microbiol. 1981; 13: 655-660
- Comparison of AMS-Vitek, MicroScan, and Autobac series II for the identification of gram-negative bacilli.Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 1989; 12: 211-215
- Clinical laboratory applications of monoclonal antibodies.Clin Microbiol Rev. 1988; 1: 313-329
- BacT/Alert: an automated colorimetric microbial detection system.J Clin Microbiol. 1990; 28: 1608-1612
- The unusual origin of the polymerase chain reaction.Sci Am. 1990; 262 (64–5): 56-61
- Real-time PCR in clinical microbiology: applications for routine laboratory testing.Clin Microbiol Rev. 2006; 19: 165-256
- Point: is the era of viral culture over in the clinical microbiology laboratory?.J Clin Microbiol. 2013; 51: 2-4
- Syndromic panel-based testing in clinical microbiology.Clin Microbiol Rev. 2018; 31 ([pii:e00024-17])
- Point-counterpoint: meningitis/encephalitis syndromic testing in the clinical laboratory.J Clin Microbiol. 2018; 56 ([pii:e00018-18])
- Viral pathogen discovery.Curr Opin Microbiol. 2013; 16: 468-478
- Whole-genome sequencing of bacterial pathogens: the future of nosocomial outbreak analysis.Clin Microbiol Rev. 2017; 30: 1015-1063
- Harnessing microbiota to kill a pathogen: fixing the microbiota to treat Clostridium difficile infections.Nat Med. 2014; 20: 246-247
- The microbiome in cystic fibrosis.Clin Chest Med. 2016; 37: 59-67
- Matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time of flight mass spectrometry: a fundamental shift in the routine practice of clinical microbiology.Clin Microbiol Rev. 2013; 26: 547-603
- Cost savings realized by implementation of routine microbiological identification by matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time of flight mass spectrometry.J Clin Microbiol. 2015; 53: 2473-2479
- The American Society for Clinical Pathology's 2016-2017 vacancy survey of medical laboratories in the United States.Am J Clin Pathol. 2018; 149: 387-400
- Clinical microbiology is growing up: the total laboratory automation revolution.Clin Chem. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1373/clinchem.2017.274522
- Blood culture results reporting: how fast is your laboratory and is faster better?.J Clin Microbiol. 2018; 56: e01313-e01318
- Total laboratory automation and matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time of flight mass spectrometry improve turnaround times in the clinical microbiology laboratory: a retrospective analysis.J Clin Microbiol. 2018; 56 ([pii:e01242-17])
- Blood culture turnaround time in U.S. Acute care hospitals and implications for laboratory process optimization.J Clin Microbiol. 2018; 56: e00500-e00518
- Waltzing around sacred cows on the way to the future.J Clin Microbiol. 2018; 56 ([pii:e01779-17])
- The invisible army.J Clin Microbiol. 2017; 55: 2583-2589
- Anatomic and clinical pathology boot camps: filling pathology-specific gaps in undergraduate medical education.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2014; 138: 316-321
- A decade of development of chromogenic culture media for clinical microbiology in an era of molecular diagnostics.Clin Microbiol Rev. 2017; 30: 449-479
- Errors in clinical laboratories or errors in laboratory medicine?.Clin Chem Lab Med. 2006; 44: 750-759
- Preventable patient harm: a multidisciplinary, bundled approach to reducing Clostridium difficile infections while using a glutamate dehydrogenase/toxin immunochromatographic assay/nucleic acid amplification test diagnostic algorithm.J Clin Microbiol. 2018; 56 ([pii:e00625-18])
- Developing a public health pipeline: key components of a public health leadership program.Prev Med Community Health. 2018; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Addressing the clinical laboratory workforce shortage.The American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science, Chicago (IL)2018
- The medical laboratory personnel shortage (policy number 04-04).2018
- Infectious disease subspeciality: declining demand challenges and opportunities.Clin Infect Dis. 2014; 59: 1593-1598
- MLO's 2018 annual salary survey of laboratory professionals.2018
- M35-A2 abbreviated identification of bacteria and yeast; approved guideline.2nd edition. 2008
Published online: July 02, 2019
Disclosure Statement: The authors have nothing to disclose.
© 2019 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.