To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Sustainable development knowledge platform.(Available at:)Accessed January 6, 2019)
- Measuring progress from 1990 to 2017 and projecting attainment to 2030 of the health-related Sustainable Development Goals for 195 countries and territories: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017.Lancet. 2018; 392: 2091-2138
- WDI - the world by income and region.(Available at:)Accessed January 6, 2019)
- Causes of death. Our World in data.(Available at:)Accessed January 6, 2019)
- The top 10 causes of death.(Available at:)Accessed January 6, 2019)
- Role of clinical microbiology laboratories in the management and control of infectious diseases and the delivery of health care.Clin Infect Dis. 2001; 32: 605-610
- Real-time PCR testing for mecA Reduces vancomycin usage and length of hospitalization for patients infected with methicillin-sensitive staphylococci.J Clin Microbiol. 2010; 48: 785-790
- Clinical and economic evaluation of the impact of rapid microbiological diagnostic testing.J Infect. 2012; 65: 302-309
- Improving timelines in reporting results from positive blood cultures: simulation of impact of rapid identification on therapy on a real-life cohort.Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2018; 37: 2253-2260
- Global health workforce statistics – 2018 update.Health Workforce, Geneva (Switzeland)2017 (Available at:)
- Medical laboratories in sub-Saharan Africa that meet international quality standards.Am J Clin Pathol. 2014; 141: 791-795
- SLMTA | Strengthening laboratory management toward accreditation.(Available at:)Accessed January 6, 2019)
- Cambodian lab first to receive quality award. Phnom Penh Post.(Available at:)Accessed January 6, 2019)
- Laboratorios de ensayos | Conacyt.(Available at:)Accessed January 6, 2019)
- How patients navigate the diagnostic ecosystem in a fragmented health system: a qualitative study from India.Glob Health Action. 2017; 10: 1350452
- Clinical bacteriology in low-resource settings: today’s solutions.Lancet Infect Dis. 2018; 18: e248-e258
- Defining system requirements for simplified blood culture to enable widespread use in resource-limited settings.Diagnostics (Basel). 2019; 9: 10
- Access to pathology and laboratory medicine services: a crucial gap.Lancet. 2018; 391: 1927-1938
- Hair sheep blood, citrated or defibrinated, fulfills all requirements of blood agar for diagnostic microbiology laboratory tests.PLoS One. 2009; 4: e6141
Published online: July 02, 2019
Disclosure Statement: The author has nothing to disclose.
© 2019 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.