Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
- The poisoned well: enhancing the predictive value of antimicrobial susceptibility testing in the era of multidrug resistance.J Clin Microbiol. 2017; 55: 2304-2308
- Direct-from-blood-culture disk diffusion to determine antimicrobial susceptibility of gram-negative bacteria: preliminary report from the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute methods development and standardization working group.J Clin Microbiol. 2018; 56
- Surviving sepsis campaign: international guidelines for management of sepsis and septic shock: 2016.Intensive Care Med. 2017; 43: 304-377
- Risk factors for treatment failure and mortality among hospitalized patients with complicated urinary tract infection: a multicenter retrospective cohort study (RESCUING Study Group).Clin Infect Dis. 2019; 68: 29-36
- The timing of early antibiotics and hospital mortality in sepsis.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2017; 196: 856-863
- Comparison of the nephrotoxicity of vancomycin in combination with cefepime, meropenem, or piperacillin/tazobactam: a prospective, multicenter study.Ann Pharmacother. 2018; 52: 639-644
- Nephrotoxicity during vancomycin therapy in combination with piperacillin-tazobactam or cefepime.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017; 61
- Determining the optimal carbapenem MIC that distinguishes carbapenemase-producing and non-carbapenemase-producing carbapenem-resistant enterobacteriaceae.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016; 60: 6425-6429
- Pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic considerations in the treatment of critically ill patients infected with carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae.Virulence. 2017; 8: 440-452
- The inoculum effect in the era of multidrug resistance: minor differences in inoculum have dramatic effect on MIC determination.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2018; 62
- Methicillin resistance in Staphylococcus isolates: the “mec alphabet” with specific consideration of mecC, a mec homolog associated with zoonotic S. aureus lineages.Int J Med Microbiol. 2014; 304: 794-804
- Misidentification of Staphylococcus aureus by the Cepheid Xpert MRSA/SA BC assay due to deletions in the spa gene.J Clin Microbiol. 2018; 56
- Extreme PCR: efficient and specific DNA amplification in 15-60 seconds.Clin Chem. 2015; 61: 145-153
- Lag phase is a distinct growth phase that prepares bacteria for exponential growth and involves transient metal accumulation.J Bacteriol. 2012; 194: 686-701
- Next-generation antimicrobial susceptibility testing.J Clin Microbiol. 2013; 51: 2018-2024
- The post-antibiotic effect defined by bacterial morphology.J Antimicrob Chemother. 1989; 23: 485-491
- Multicenter evaluation of the accelerate PhenoTest BC kit for rapid identification and phenotypic antimicrobial susceptibility testing using morphokinetic cellular analysis.J Clin Microbiol. 2018; 56
- Development of MAST: a microscopy-based antimicrobial susceptibility testing platform.SLAS Technol. 2017; 22: 662-674
- Verification of an automated, digital dispensing platform for at-will broth microdilution-based antimicrobial susceptibility testing.J Clin Microbiol. 2016; 54: 2288-2293
- Direct, rapid antimicrobial susceptibility test from positive blood cultures based on microscopic imaging analysis.Sci Rep. 2017; 7: 1148
- Microfluidic advances in phenotypic antibiotic susceptibility testing.Biomed Microdevices. 2016; 18: 103
- A rapid, accurate, single molecule counting method detects clostridium difficile toxin B in stool samples.Sci Rep. 2018; 8: 8364
- Direct determination of carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae and Pseudomonas aeruginosa from positive blood cultures using laser scattering technology.Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2018; 51: 221-226
- Prospective evaluation of light scatter technology paired with matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time of flight mass spectrometry for rapid diagnosis of urinary tract infections.J Clin Microbiol. 2017; 55: 1802-1811
- Culture-free antibiotic-susceptibility determination from single-bacterium Raman spectra.Sci Rep. 2018; 8: 3957
- Evaluation of a semiquantitative matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time of flight mass spectrometry method for rapid antimicrobial susceptibility testing of positive blood cultures.J Clin Microbiol. 2016; 54: 2820-2824
- Microplate-based surface area assay for rapid phenotypic antibiotic susceptibility testing.Sci Rep. 2019; 9: 237
- A “culture” shift: broad bacterial detection, identification, and antimicrobial susceptibility testing directly from whole blood.Clin Chem. 2018; 64: 1453-1462
- Roche gobbles Smarticles.Nat Biotechnol. 2015; 33: 1012
- The effect of molecular rapid diagnostic testing on clinical outcomes in bloodstream infections: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Clin Infect Dis. 2017; 64: 15-23
- The hypothetical impact of accelerate pheno on time to effective therapy and time to definitive therapy for bloodstream infections due to drug-resistant gram-negative bacilli.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2019; 63 ([pii:e01477-18])
Disclosure Statement: J.E. Kirby is a member of the Clinical Advisory Board of First Light Biosciences, Chelmsford, MA. TECAN (Morrisville, NC) provided an HP D300 digital dispenser and associated consumables used by JEK's research group during development of the MAST platform. Neither First Light nor TECAN had a role in article preparation or decision to publish.