Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
- Electronic health record innovations: helping physicians - one less click at a time.Health Inf Manag. 2017; 46: 140-144
- Transforming laboratory utilization review into laboratory stewardship: guidelines by the PLUGS National Committee for Laboratory Stewardship.J Appl Lab Med. 2017; 2: 259-268
- GP49 developing and managing a medical laboratory (test) utilization management program.1st edition. Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute, Wayne (PA)2017
- "Many miles to go …": a systematic review of the implementation of patient decision support interventions into routine clinical practice.BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2013; 13: S14
- Promoting improved utilization of laboratory testing through changes in an electronic medical record: experience at an academic medical center.BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2015; 15: 11
- Decreasing inappropriate laboratory test utilization: controlling costs and improving quality of care.Am J Clin Pathol. 2015; 143: 614-616
- Reducing duplicate testing: a comparison of two clinical decision support tools.Am J Clin Pathol. 2015; 143: 623-626
- Reply to Beal et al., 'The "3-Day Rule" for stool tests may not apply when using PCR panels.J Clin Microbiol. 2018; 56
- Duplicate laboratory test reduction using a clinical decision support tool.Am J Clin Pathol. 2014; 141: 718-723
- Improving molecular genetic test utilization through order restriction, test review, and guidance.J Mol Diagn. 2015; 17: 225-229
- The impact of an electronic expensive test notification.Am J Clin Pathol. 2018; 149: 530-535
- Failure of best practice alerts to affect C. difficile test utilization.Am J Clin Pathol. 2018; 150: S143-S168
- Wide variation and patterns of physicians' responses to drug-drug interaction alerts.Int J Qual Health Care. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1093/intqhc/mzy102
- Use of electronic clinical decision support and hard stops to decrease unnecessary thyroid function testing.BMJ Qual Improv Rep. 2017; 6 ([pii:u223041.w8346])
- Small effort, big payoff: automated maximum dose alerts with hard stops.P T. 2016; 41: 82-128
- Safe implementation of computerized provider order entry for adult oncology.Appl Clin Inform. 2015; 6: 638-649
- Use of computerized clinical decision support for diagnostic stewardship in Clostridioides difficile testing: an academic hospital quasi-experimental study.J Gen Intern Med. 2018; 34: 31-32
- Reduced Clostridium difficile tests and laboratory-identified events with a computerized clinical decision support tool and financial incentive.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2018; 39: 737-740
- Implementing genomic clinical decision support for drug-based precision medicine.CPT Pharmacometrics Syst Pharmacol. 2017; 6: 153-155
- Decision support tools: realizing the potential to improve quality of care.Can J Cardiol. 2018; 34: 821-826
- A clinical decision support tool for familial hypercholesterolemia based on physician input.Mayo Clin Proc Innov Qual Outcomes. 2018; 2: 103-112
- Effect of a price transparency intervention in the electronic health record on clinician ordering of inpatient laboratory tests: the PRICE randomized clinical trial.JAMA Intern Med. 2017; 177: 939-945
- Impact of laboratory charge display within the electronic health record across an entire academic medical center: results of a randomized controlled trial.Am J Clin Pathol. 2017; 148: 513-522
- The impact of cost displays on primary care physician laboratory test ordering.J Gen Intern Med. 2014; 29: 708-714
- Implementation of a clinical decision support tool for stool cultures and parasitological studies in hospitalized patients.J Clin Microbiol. 2017; 55: 3350-3354
- Choosing wisely: smart decisions about genetic testing.(Available at:)http://www.choosingwisely.org/patient-resources/making-smart-decisions-about-genetic-testing/(Accessed October 12, 2018)Date: 2015
Riley JD, Stanley G, Wyllie R, et al. An electronic strategy to eliminate duplicate genetic testing using clinical decision support (Poster No. 152). CAP18 The Pathologists’ Meeting. October 20–24, 2018. Chicago, IL.
- Recent advancement of clinical information systems: opportunities and challenges.Yearb Med Inform. 2018; 27: 83-90
- Effectiveness of practices to support appropriate laboratory test utilization: a laboratory medicine best practices systematic review and meta-analysis.Am J Clin Pathol. 2018; 149: 197-221
Disclosure Statement: No disclosures or conflicts of interest.