This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Antimicrobial agents can be allergenic, have toxic effects on the function of certain organ systems, produce idiosyncratic reactions, alter the normal bacterial flora of the body, and adversely interact with other medications. All possible untoward side effects must be carefully monitored when prescribing antimicrobial agents.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Drug therapy in renal failure: Dosing guidelines for adults.Ann. Intern. Med. 1980; 93: 62-89
- The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics.Ed. 6. Macmillan Co., New York1975
- Adverse reactions to nitrofurantoin.Am. J. Med. 1980; 69: 733-738
- Antimicrobial Therapy.Ed. 3. W. B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia1980
- The Use of Antibiotics.Ed. 3. J. B. Lippincott Co., Philadelphia1979
- Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases.Vol. 1. John Wiley and Sons, New York1979
- Bacterial susceptibility testing and assays.in: Henry J.B. Todd-Sanford-Davidsohn Clinical Diagnosis and Management by Laboratory Methods. Ed. 16. W. B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia1979: 1900
Physicians’ Desk Reference. Ed. 35. Oradell, New Jersey, Medical Economics Co., 1981.
- Prospective study of ampicillin rash.Br. Med. J. 1973; 1: 7-9
- Early detection of aminoglycoside nephrotoxicity with urinary beta-2-microglobulin.J. Med. 1978; 9: 201-210
© 1981 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.