This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Although difficulty in correlating plasma levels of tricyclic antidepressants with therapeutic outcome has been reported, therapeutic monitoring can be helpful in the management of selected depressed patients. The greater toxic potential of lithium is a pressing and clear indication for therapeutic monitoring in manic patients.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Drugs for depression.Med. Lett. 1978; 20: 49
- Lithium for cluster headache.Med. Lett. 1979; 21: 78
- Another look at lithium.Med. Lett. 1980; 22: 17
- Evaluation of lithium response: Psychometric findings.Can. J. Psychiatry. 1980; 25: 151
- Chemotherapy in Psychiatry.Harvard University Press, Cambridge1977: 57-125
- Clinical pharmacology and toxicology of antidepressants.Hosp. Pract. 1978; 13: 79
- Cardiovascular effects of tricyclic and tetracyclic antidepressants.J.A.M.A. 1978; 239: 213
- Amitriptyline plasma, concentration and clinical effect.Lancet. 1978; 1: 63
- Plasma level monitoring of tricyclic antidepressant therapy.Clin. Pharmacokinet. 1977; 2: 237
- The clinical use of plasma drug concentrations.Ration. Drug Ther. 1976; 10: 1
- Monitoring tricyclic antidepressant plasma concentrations.J.A.M.A. 1979; 241: 2530
- Therapeutic monitoring of plasma concentrations of tricyclic antidepressants.Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med. 1980; 104: 341
- Plasma concentrations and clinical effect in imipramine treatment of childhood enuresis.Clin. Pharmacokinet. 1980; 5: 386
- The use of antidepressants in clinical practice.J.A.M.A. 1978; 240: 1403
Lieberman, J. A., and O’Connell, R. A.: Clinical utility of tricyclic blood levels. N.Y. State J. Med., p. 1967, December 1980.
- Clinical Handbook of Antipsychotic Drug Therapy.Brunner/Mazel, Publishers, New York1980: 255-286
- Guidelines for therapeutic monitoring of tricyclic antidepressant plasma levels.Ther. Drug Monitor. 1979; 1: 199
- Measurement of tricyclic antidepressants. Part 1. A review of methodology.Clin. Chem. 1980; 26: 5
- Clinical use of drug plasma level determinations.in: Azarnoff D.L. Year Book of Drug Therapy. Year Book Medical Publishers, Chicago1977: 13
- Tricyclic plasma levels: Effect of age, race, sex, and smoking.J.A.M.A. 1977; 238: 2167
© 1981 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.