Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Adams, C. F.: Nutritive value of American foods: In common units. Agriculture Handbook No 456. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Washington, D. C., 1975.
- Vitamin C and the common cold: A double-blind trial.Can. Med. Assoc. J. 1972; 107: 503
- The effect on winter illness of large doses of vitamin C.Can. Med. Assoc. J. 1974; 111: 31
- Metabolism of 14C- and 3H-labeled L-ascorbic acid in human scurvy.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 1971; 24: 444
- Biological hydroxylations and ascorbic acid with special regard to collagen metabolism.Vitam. Horm. 1972; 30: 1
- Effects of specific nutrient toxicities in animals and man: Vitamin C.in: Rechcigl Jr., M. Handbook Series in Nutrition and Food (Section E: Nutritional Disorders, Vol. 1). CRG Press, West Palm Beach, Florida1978: 65
Bmbacher, G., and Vuilleumier, J P.: In Curtins, H. C., and Roth, M. (eds): Clinical Chemistry, Vol. 2. Berlin, de Gruyter, 1974, p. 989.
- Evaluation of the characteristics of the differential amperometric detector in combination with anion-exchange chromatography, using L-ascorbic acid as test compound.J. Chromatogr. 1979; 172: 37
- Centrifugal analyzer determination of ascorbate in serum or urine with Fe3+ Ferrozine.Clin. Chem. 1975; 21: 1493
- Activation of prolyl hydroxylase in fibroblasts by ascorbic acid.Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sei. 1975; 258: 278
- Effects of ascorbic acid on the common cold: An evaluation of the evidence.Am. J. Med. 1975; 58: 532
- Overnutrition in prenatal and neonatal life: A problem?.Can. Med. Assoc. J. 1965; 93: 893
- Microfluorometric assay for vitamin C.J. Assoc. Off. Anal. Chem. 1965; 48: 1248
- High-performance liquid chromatographic mediod for the determination of L-ascorbic acid and D-isoascorbic acid.J. Chromatogr. 1981; 206: 396
- Kinetic studies of the enzymatic β-hydroxylation reaction.Biochemistry. 1968; 7: 2724
- Effect of scurvy on reserpine-induced hypothermia in die guinea pig.Life Sei. 1980; 27: 111
- Re-evaluation of vitamin C.Int. J. Vitam. Nutr. Res. 1977; 16: 1
- Influence of ascorbic acid on ribosomal patterns and collagen biosynthesis in healing wounds of scorbutic guinea pigs.Biochem. J. 1974; 142: 641
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid).in: Clinical Chemistry: Principles and Techniques. Harper and Row, New York1974: 1393
- Vitamin B12.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 1981; 34: 971
- Ascorbic acid.in: Goodhart R.S. Shils M.E. Modern Nutrition in Health and Disease. Edition 6. Lea and Febiger, Philadelphia1980: 259
- Experimental scurvy in man.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 1969; 22: 535
- Clinical manifestations of ascorbic acid deficiency in man.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 1971; 24: 432
- Sjogren’s syndrome in scurvy.N. Engl. J. Med. 1970; 282: 1120
- Second conference on vitamin C.Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sei. 1975; 258: 1
- Chemical nature of vitamin C.Science. 1932; 75: 357
- Some behavioral effects of ascorbic acid deficiency.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 1971; 24: 455
- Estimation of serum ascorbic acid in patients and the effect of ascorbic acid and its oxidation products on SMA 12/60 parameters.Clin. Biochem. 1980; 13: 73
Manual for Nutrition Surveys. Edition 2. Washington, D. C., Interdepartmental Committee on Nutrition for National Defense, Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing Office, 1963.
- False negative tests for urinary glucose in the presence of ascorbic acid.Am. J. Clin. Pathol. 1972; 58: 297
- Effect of vitamin C on copper and iron metabolism in the guinea pig.Int. J. Vitam. Nutr. Res. 1980; 50: 301
- Innovation and evaluation.Science. 1981; 211: 881
- The role of ascorbate in the prolyl hydroxylase reaction.Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 1978; 83: 441
Official Methods of Analysis. Edition 12. Washington, D.C., Assoc. Off. Anal. Chem., Sections 43.056-43.062, 1975
Omaye, S. T., Tillotson, J. A., and Säuberlich, H. E.: Metabolism of L-ascorbic acid in the monkey. In Seib, P., and Tolbert, B. (eds): Ascorbic Acid: Chemistry, Metabolism and Uses. Advances in Chemistry Series. Washington, D.C., American Chemical Society, in press.
- Heme oxygenase activity, drug metabolism, and ascorbic acid distribution in the livers of ascorbic acid-deficient guinea pigs.Biochem. Pharmacol. 1979; 28: 1415
- Selected methods for the determination of ascorbic acid in animal cells, tissues, and fluids.Methods Enzymol. 1979; 62: 3
- The use of p-chloromercuribenzoic acid in the determination of ascorbic acid with 2:6-dichlorphenolindophenol.Biochem. J. 1956; 62: 675
- Determination of ascorbic acid in foodstuffs, pharmaceuticals, and body fluids by liquid chromatography with electrochemical detection.Anal. Chem. 1976; 48: 364
- Analysis of ascorbic acid by liquid chromatography with amperometric detection.Methods Enzymol. 1979; 62: 15
- Determination of vitamin C in serum, urine and other biological materials.J. Lab. Clin. Med. 1968; 72: 674
- A new automated method for serum vitamin C.Adv. Automated Methods. 1973; 9: 73
Recommended Dietary Allowances. Edition 9. Washington, D.C., National Research Council-National Academy of Sciences, 1980.
- Risks of long term ascorbic acid overdosage.Nutr. Revs. 1971; 29: 262
- Estimated dietary intake, urinary excretion and blood vitamin C in women of different ages.J. Nutr. 1958; 66: 15
- Clinical manifestations of certain classical deficiency diseases.in: Goodhart R.S. Shils M.E. Modern Nutrition in Health and Disease. Edition 6. Lea and Febiger, Philadelphia1980: 685
- Vitamin C status: Methods and findings.Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sei. 1975; 258: 438
Säuberlich, H. E.: Ascorbic acid. In Present Knowledge in Nutrition. New York, Nutrition Foundation, in press.
- Laboratory Tests for the Assessment of Nutritional Status.CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, Florida1974
- Procedure for mechanized continuous-flow measurement of serum ascorbic acid (vitamin C).Select. Methods Clin./ Chem. 1976; 8: 191
Säuberlich, H. E., Green, M. D., and Omaye, S. T.: Determination of ascorbic acid and dehydroascorbie acid. In Seib, P., and Tolbert, B. (eds): Ascorbic Acid: Chemistry, Metabolism, and Uses. Advances in Chemistry Series. Washington, D. C., American Chemical Society, in press.
- In The Vitamins.Vol. 1. Academic Press, New York1967: 305
- Effect of mega doses of vitamin C on bactericidal activity of leukocytes.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 1977; 30: 1077
- Chemical nature of vitamin C.Biochem. J. 1932; 26: 865
- Synthesis of cytochrome P-450 heme in ascorbic acid-deficient guinea pigs.Biochem. Pharmacol. 1980; 29: 1255
- Depletion and repletion of ascorbic acid in the Rhesus monkey: Relationship between ascorbic acid concentration in blood components with total body pool and liver concentration of ascorbic acid.Int. J. Vitam. Nutr. Res. 1981; 51: 47
- Nutrient deficiencies in man: Vitamin C.in: Rechcigl Jr., M. Handbook Series in Nutrition and Food (Section E: Nutritional Disorders, Vol. 3). CRC Press, West Palm Beach, Florida1978: 91
- High-performance liquid chromatographic determination of ascorbic acid in urine.J. Chromatogr. 1979; 163: 225
- Recommended daily allowances for vitamin C.Proc. Nat. Acad. Sei. 1973; 70: 969
- A rapid method for the determination of ascorbic acid in plasma and tissues.Biochem. Med. 1974; 11: 41