Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
- Blood Transfusion, Hemorrhage and the Anemias.J. B. Lippincott, Philadelphia1917
- The examination of the blood preliminary to the operation of blood transfusion.J. Immunol. 1918; 3: 93
- A new test for the detection of weak and “incomplete” Rh agglutinins.Br. J. Exp. Pathol. 1945; 26: 225
- Hemorrhage and transfusion.D. Appleton Co., New York1909: 318
- Rh agglutination in various media with particular reference to the value of albumin.J. Lab. Clin. Med. 1945; 30: 821
- The maximum surgical blood order schedule and surgical blood use in the United States.Transfusion. 1976; 16: 380
- Blood group alloantibodies: An assessment of some laboratory practices.Transfusion. 1977; 17: 299
- Routine compatibility testing.Transfusion. 1964; 4: 200
- Pretransfusion blood group serology. Limited value of the antiglobulin phase of the crossmatch when a careful screening test for unexpected antibodies is performed.Transfusion. 1979; 19: 761
- Isoagglutination of human corpuscles.J. Infect. Dis. 1907; 4: 297
- Optimal blood ordering for elective surgery.J.A.M.A. 1977; 347: 451
- Blood grouping and compatibility.J.A.M.A. 1937; 108: 1234
- The significance of the minor crossmatch.Am. J. Clin. Pathol. 1958; 30: 302
- A simple and rapid method for the selection of suitable donors for transfusion by the determination of blood groups.Br. Med. J. 1917; 2: 684
- A dangerous “universal” donor detected by the direct matching of bloods.J. Immunol. 1923; 3: 425
- Antiglobulin test in low ionic strength salt solution for rapid antibody screening and crossmatching.Vox Sang. 1974; 26: 53
- Methods for testing donors for transfusion of blood, and consideration of factors influencing agglutination and hemolysis.Boston Med. Surg. 1916; 174: 667
- Incompatible crossmatch following negative antibody screen: Frequency and cause.American Association of Blood Banks, Washington, D.C.1980 (Annual Meeting)
- The significance of the minor crossmatch — after 10 years.in: A Seminar on Compatibility Testing. American Association of Blood Banks, Washington, D.C.1968
- Use of trypsin in the detection of incomplete Rh antibodies.Nature. 1947; 159: 779
- The evolution of blood transfusion.Univ. Mich. Med. Ctr. J. 1967; 33: 68
- The risk of abbreviating the major crossmatch in urgent or massive transfusion.Transfusion. 1978; 18: 137
Oberman, H. A., Barnes, B. A., and Steiner, E. A.: Role of the crossmatch in testing for serologic incompatibility. Transfusion, in press.
- The crossmatch: Past, present and future.in: Bell C. A Seminar on Immune-Mediated Cell Destruction. American Association of Blood Banks, Washington, D.C.1981
- Transfusion and arterial anastomosis.Ann. Surg. 1908; 47: 486
- Reminiscence on the history of blood transfusion.J. Mt. Sinai Hosp. 1937; 4: 264
- Blood Transfusion.Oxford University Press, London1939
- Blood transfusion in war surgery.Lancet. 1918; 2: 759
- Transfusion with preserved red blood cells.Br. Med. J. 1918; 2: 691
- The past and future of immunohematology.Am. J. Clin. Pathol. 1975; 64: 569
- A rapid and simple method of testing donors for transfusion.J.A.M.A. 1915; 64: 1980
Standards for a Blood Transfusion Service. Edition 4. Washington, D.C., American Association of Blood Banks, 1963.
Standards for Blood Banks and Blood Transfusion Services. Edition 5. Washington, D.C., American Association of Blood Banks, 1970.
Standards for Blood Banks and Blood Transfusion Services. Edition 7. Washington, D.C., American Association Blood Banks, 1974.
Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services. Edition 8. Washington, D.C., American Association of Blood Banks, 1976.
Standards for Blood Banks and Blood Transfusion Services. Edition 9. Oberman, H. A., editor. Washington, D.C., American Association of Blood Banks, 1978.
- A rapid macroscopic agglutination for blood groups and its value in testing donors for transfusion.J.A.M.A. 1918; 70: 1219
- Sodium citrate in the transfusion of blood.J.A.M.A. 1915; 64: 425
- An extended antibody screen to replace the crossmatch.American Association of Blood Banks, Washington, D.C.1980 (Annual Meeting)