Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
- Restoration of defective oxygen transport function of stored red blood cells by addition of inosine.Scand. J. Clin. Lab. Invest. 1968; 21: 245
- The effect of organic phosphates from the human erythrocyte on the allosteric properties of hemoglobin.Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 1967; 26: 162
- The direct oxidation of adenine in vivo.J. Biol. Chem. 1950; 183: 267
- Military blood banking: Identification of the group O universal donor for transfusion of A, B, and AB recipients — An enigma of two decades.Milit. Med. 1967; 132: 426
- Effect of organic and inorganic phosphates on the oxygen equilibrium of human erythrocytes.Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 1967; 121: 96
- Massive blood transfusion.Clin. Haematol. 1976; 5: 201
- University trauma center: Operation, design, and staffing.Am. Surg. 1979; 45: 79
- Studies on the preservation of human blood. II. Relationship of erythrocyte adenosine triphosphate levels and other in vivo measures to red cell storageability.J. Lab. Clin. Med. 1967; 69: 968
- Potentially dangerous group O blood.Lancet. 1954; 1: 1001
- Volume resuscitation and critical major trauma.in: Dawson R.B. Transfusion Therapy. American Association of Blood Banks, Washington, D.C.1974: 77
- Biochemical aspects of phagocytosis.Nature. 1961; 192: 535
- Blood program in World War II.Office of the Surgeon General, Department of tire Army, Washington, D.C.1964: 805
- Development of a blood program in Vietnam.Milit. Med. 1966; 131: 1469
- Microaggregate formation in stored blood. I. Species, differences, and storage time.Circ. Shock. 1975; 2: 175
- Laboratory Medicine: Hematology.C. V. Mosby Co., St. Louis1977: 619
- The uptake and egress of adenine from human red blood cells in vitro.Transfusion. 1977; 17: 38
- Some properties of blood stored in anticoagulant CPDA-1 solution. A brief summary.Transfusion. 1981; 21: 135
- Platelet preservation: Effect of storage temperature on maintenance of platelet viability—Deleterious effect of refrigerated storage.N. Engl. J. Med. 1969; 280: 1094
- Adenosine triphosphate in maintenance of the shape of the human red cell.Nature. 1960; 187: 945
- A direct relationship between adenosine triphosphate level and in vivo viability of erythrocytes.Nature. 1962; 194: 877
Peck, C. C., Moore, G. L., and Bolin, R. B.: Adenine in blood preservation. In CRC Clin. Rev. Clin. Lab. Sei., January, 1981, p. 173.
- Stereochemistry of cooperation effects in hemoglobin.Nature. 1970; 228: 726
- Adenine intoxication in relation to in vivo formation and deposition of 2,8-dioxyadenine in renal tubules.J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 1952; 104: 20
Rapoport, S.: The regulation of glycolysis in the mammalian erythrocyte. In Essays in Biochemistry. Vol. 4. 1968, p. 69.
- Cryoprecipitate reversal of opsonic alpha-2-surface binding glycoprotein deficiency in septic surgical and trauma patients.Science. 1978; 201: 622
Shin, B., MacKenzie, C. R., Friedman, S., et al.: Hypokalemia after massive transfusion (abstract). Anesthesiol., September, 1979.
- Adenine in blood banking.Transfusion. 1977; 17: 317
- Hemotherapy in the trauma center.in: Barnes A. Umlas J. Hemotherapy in Trauma and Surgery. American Association of Blood Banks, Washington, D.C.1979
Sohmer, P. R.: Red cell concentrates in resuscitation. In Wrenn, W. (ed): Current Concepts of Combat Casualty Resuscitation. Washington, D.C., Department of Defense, in press.
Sohmer, P. R.: Universal donor blood transfusions in civilian trauma. Presented at the Society of Critical Care Medicine, Eighth Annual Meeting, San Francisco, May 28–30, 1979.
- The significance of 2,3-DPG in red blood cell transfusions.CRC Crit. Rev. Clin. Lab. Sei. 1979; 11: 107
- Transfusion therapy: A review of the principles and techniques used in the MIEMS program.Am. Surg. 1979; 45: 109
- Clinical trials with CPDA-2.Transfusion. 1981; 21 (abstract): 600
Sohmer, P. R., and Scott, R. L.: Unpublished data.
- The in vivo survival of red cells stored in modified CPD with adenine: Report on a multi-institutional cooperative effort.Transfusion. 1977; 17 (also in Federal Register, May 26, 1978): 374