Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
- Self-transmissible plasmids in staphylococci that encode resistance to aminoglycosides.Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 1983; 24: 70-77
- Occurrence and expression of imipemide (IV-formimidoyl-thienamycin) resistance in clinical isolates of coagulase-negative staphylococci.Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 1983; 24: 61-69
- In vitro activity of cephalosporins against Hae mophilus species.in: Current Chemotherapy and Infectious Disease. American Society for Microbiology, Washington, D.C.1980: 1026-1027
- Spectinomycin-resistant penicillinase-producing Neisseria gonorrhoeae.M.M.W.R. 1983; 32: 51-52
- Penicillin-resistant gonorrhea—North Carolina.M.M.W.R. 1983; 32: 273-275
- Mechanisms of antibiotic resistance.in: Current Concepts. The Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan1980: 1-44
- Resistance to aminoglycosides: Mechanisms and frequency.Rev. Infect. Dis. 1983; 5: S261-S266
- Recent experience with antimicrobial susceptibility of anaerobic bacteria: Increasing resistance to penicillin.Mayo Clin. Proc. 1982; 57: 737-741
- Emergence of antibiotic resistance in hospitals, 1935–1975.Rev. Infect. Dis. 1979; 1: 4-21
- A clinical perspective of antibiotic therapy: Aminoglycosides vs.broad-spectrum β-lactams. Rev. Infect. Dis. 1983; 5: S211-S398
- The emergence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections in United States hospitals: Possible role of the house staff-patient transfer circuit.Ann. Intern. Med. 1982; 97: 297-308
- Beta-lactamase-producing Bacteroides species in the oral cavity in relation to penicillin therapy.J. Antimicrob. Chemother. 1981; 3: 225-229
- Aminoglycoside antibiotics: Resistance and toxicity—an introduction.Rev. Infect. Dis. 1983; 5: S260
- Emergence of multiply resistant pneumococci.N. Engl. J. Med. 1978; 299: 735-740
- Staphylococcus epidermidis causing prosthetic valve endocarditis: Microbiologic and clinical observations.Ann. Intern. Med. 1983; 93: 447-455
- Microbial resistance to antibiotics: An evolving and persistent problem.Lancet. 1982; 2: 83-88
- Isolation of an ampicillin-resistant, non-β-lactamase-producing strain of Haemophilus influenzae.Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 1980; 17: 80-83
- Sequence homology of clindamycin resistance determinants in clinical isolates of Bacteroides spp.Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 1983; 23: 726-730
- High-level resistance to gentamicin in clinical isolates of enterococci.J. Infect. Dis. 1983; 147: 751-757
- Antibiotic synergism—lessons from the enterococcus.Trans. Am. Clin. Climatol. Assoc. 1983; 94: 55-62
Murray, B.E., and Mederski-Samoraj, B.: Transferable β-lactamase in a clinical isolate of Streptococcus faecalis. Abstracts of the 22nd Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, 1982, Abstract 714.
- Enterococci from Bangkok, Thailand, with high-level resistance to currently available aminoglycosides.Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 1983; 23: 799-802
- In vivo selection of resistance to multiple cephalosporins by Enterobacter cloacae.J. Infect. Dis. 1983; 147: 590
- Resistance to β-lactam antibiotics in Bacteroides species.J. Antimicrob. Chemother. 1981; 8: 33-42
- Antibiotic resistance in pathogenic and producing bacteria, with special reference to β-lactam antibiotics.Microbiol. Rev. 1981; 45: 591-619
- Broad-spectrum β-lactam resistance in Enterobacter: Emergence during treatment and mechanisms of resistance.J. Antimicrob. Chemother. 1983; 11: 299-310
- Emergence of resistance to β-lactam and aminoglycoside antibiotics during moxalactam therapy of Pseudomonas aeruginosa infections.Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 1982; 22: 1037-1041
- In vitro susceptibility of 50 non-β-lactamase—producing Neisseria gonorrhoeae strains to 12 antimicrobial agents.Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 1983; 23: 242-244
- Novel resistance selected by the new expanded-spectrum cephalosporins: A concern.J. Infect. Dis. 1983; 147: 585-589
- Penicillin-binding proteins and the future of β-lactam antibiotics.J. Gen. Microbiol. 1983; 129: 1247-1260
- Interaction of new cephalosporins with β-lactamases and β-lactamase-producing gram-negative bacilli.Rev. Infect. Dis. 1983; 5: S356-S366
- Susceptibility of the Bacteroides fragilis group in the United States in 1981.Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 1983; 23: 536-540
- Ampicillin-resistant Haemophilus influenzae. 1. Incidence, mechanism, and detection.Postgrad. Med. 1982; 71: 133-145
- The β-lactamases of Bacteroides species.J. Antimicrob. Chemother. 1981; 7: 137-146
- Staphylococcus epidermidis: An in creasing cause of infection in patients with granulocytopenia.Ann. Intern. Med. 1982; 97: 503-508
- Bacteriology, clinical spectrum of disease, and therapeutic aspects in coryneform bacterial infection.in: Remington J.S. Swartz M.N. Current Clinical Topics in Infectious Diseases. McGraw-Hill, New York1981: 68-88
This article first appeared in Orthopedic Clinics of North America, Vol. 15, No. 3, July 1984, as part of a symposium on musculoskeletal sepsis.