This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Male infertility is best tested by determining the ability of sperm to reach the site of fetilization by semen analysis and by mucus-sperm interaction tests, and by determining the ability of the sperm to enter the egg by the hamster egg-human sperm penetration assay. If conducted in a careful fashion, the tests provide useful information for preparing a treatment plan.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Semen analysis.in: Amelar R. Dubin L. Walsh P. Male Infertility. W. B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia1977: 105-140
- Semen analysis: A review of samples from 225 men seen in an infertility clinic.J. Urol. 1975; 114: 560-563
- The varicocele and semen characteristics.J. Urol. 1979; 121: 435-436
- Sperm maturation and epididymal function.in: Sciarra J.J. Markland C. Speidel J.J. Control of Male Fertility. Harper and Row, New York1975: 2-25
- Identification of semen in 500 patients seen because of rape.Am. J. Clin. Pathol. 1977; 68: 74
- Effect of amylase on sperm motility and viability.J. Urol. 1978; 120: 425-426
- Seminal plasma, accessory genital glands and infertility.in: Cockett A.T.K. Urry R.L. Male Fertility. Grune and Stratton, New York1977: 189-204
- Standards for the rating of human sperm morphology: A cooperative study.Int. J. Fertil. 1966; 11: 1-9
- Origin of prostaglandins in human semen.J. Reprod. Fertil. 1982; 65: 401-404
- A comparative study of carnitine and acetylcarnitine concentration in semen and male reproductive tract fluids.Comp. Biochem. Physiol. 1982; 72: 457-460
- Immunologic analysis of sperm-immobilizing factor found in sera of women with unexplained sterility.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 1968; 101: 677-679
- Methods for the detection of antibodies against mammalian spermatozoa. I. A modified macroscopic agglutination test.Fertil. Steril. 1952; 3: 419-426
- Levels of L-carnitine and L-O-acetylcarnitine in normal and infertile human semen: A lower level of L-O-acetylcarnitine in infertile semen.Fertil. Steril. 1977; 28: 1333-1338
- Culture of seminal fluid in a fertility clinic.Fertil. Steril. 1981; 35: 194-198
- The male factor: Fertility and infertility. VI. Semen quality and certain other factors in relation to ease of conception.Fertil. Steril. 1954; 5: 217-223
- The incidence of non-specific infection in the semen in fertile and sub-fertile males.Int. J. Androl. 1981; 4: 657-662
- Fructose, proteins and coagulation in human seminal plasma.Andrologia. 1982; 14: 434-439
- Seminal fluid androgen binding protein.Andrologia. 1981; 13: 308-313
- Evaluation of glyceryl-phosphocholine in semen of normal and infertile men.J. Reprod. Fertil. 1982; 66: 525-527
- The influence of prostaglandins on sperm motility.Prostaglandins. 1981; 21: 87-99
- Prostatic phosphatase: Current assessment in vaginal fluid of alleged rape victims.Am. J. Clin. Pathol. 1976; 66: 944
- Within subject variability of human semen in regard to sperm count, volume, total number of spermatozoa and length of abstinence.J. Reprod. Fertil. 1979; 57: 391-395
- The forensic laboratory evaluation of evidence in alleged rape.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 1978; 130: 142
- Sperm maturation, transport and capacitation.in: Cockett A.T.K. Urry R.L. Male Fertility. Grune and Stratton, New York1977: 29-51
- Penetration of zona-free hamster ova to bovine cervical mucus by fresh and frozen human spermatozoa.Fertil. Steril. 1983; 39: 690-694
- The infertile couple. Part II. Examination and evaluation of semen.S. Afr. Med. J. 1980; 57: 485-491
- Study of sperm vitality with the aid of eosin-nigrosin stain.Fertil. Steril. 1950; 1: 178-181
- Similar zinc levels in seminal fluid from normospermic, oligospermic and azoospermic men.Clin. Chim. Acta. 1982; 123: 329-332
© 1985 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.