This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
This article presents a review of current experience with the restriction enzyme technique in the epidemiology of bacterial infections. It is concluded that this technique has great potential, and that its practical value has been proved under a number of different epidemiologic conditions.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Host-controlled modification of bacteriophage.Annu. Rev. Microbiol. 1965; 19: 365-378
- Applications of restriction endonuclease fingerprinting of chromosomal DNA of Neisseria meningitidis.T. Clin. Microbiol. 1984; 19: 763-765
- Investigation of a Campylobacter jejuni outbreak by serotyping and chromosomal restriction endonuclease analysis.J. Clin. Microbiol. 1984; 19: 342-346
- Molecular epidemiology of antibiotic resistance in Salmonella from animals and human beings in the United States.N. Engl. J. Med. 1982; 307: 1-6
- Restriction endonuclease fingerprinting of chromosomal DNA of Neisseria gonorrhoeae.Acta Pathol. Microbiol. Immunol. Scand. [B]. 1984; 92: 271-278
- Phenotypic and genotypic characterization of penicillinase-producing strains of Neisseria gonorrhoeae.Acta Pathol. Microbiol. Immunol. Scand. [B]. 1985; 93: 91-97
- Molecular epidemiology of Vibrio cholerae in the U.S.Gulf Coast. J. Clin. Microbiol. 1982; 16: 129-134
- Differentiation of B15 strains of Neisseria meningitidis by DNA restriction endonuclease fingerprinting.J. Infect. Dis. 1984; 150: 672-677
- Restriction fingerprinting and serology in a small outbreak of B15 meningococcal disease among Norwegian soldiers.Scand. J. Infect. Dis. 1985; 17: 19-24
Kristiansen, B.-E., Sprensen, B., Bjorvatn B., et al.: Application of DNA fingerprinting in meningococcal epidemiology. (In press.).
- Sequential outbreaks of infection due to Klebsiella pneumoniae in a neonatal intensive care unit: Implication of a conjugative R plasmid.J. Infect. Dis. 1980; 142: 106-112
- Studies on the molecular epidemiology of diphtheria.Lancet. 1983; 2: 923-926
- Characterization of Chlamydia DNA by restriction endonuclease cleavage.Infect. Immun. 1983; 41: 604-608
- Salmonellosis associated with marijuana: A multistate outbreak traced by plasmid fingerprinting.N. Engl. J. Med. 1982; 306: 1249-1253
- Prevalence and molecular epidemiology of antibiotic resistant S. typhimurium and S. dublin in Danish cattle.Acta Pathol. Microbiol. Immunol. Scand. [B]. 1983; 91: 163-168
© 1985 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.