This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Cost-effective improvements in the use of laboratory tests may require modifying the clinician’s test ordering behavior and also changing the laboratory’s testing procedures where appropriate. Because laboratory tests are important elements of medical practice, the cost-effective use of laboratory tests and services is the joint responsibility of the clinician and the clinical laboratory.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Creatine kinase isoenzymes: Predictive value in the early diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction.Am. J. Med. 1975; 59: 464-469
- Case mix definition by diagnosis-related groups.Med. Care. 1980; 18: 1-53
- Serum creatine kinase in the diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction: Optimal sampling frequency.J.A.M.A. 1983; 249: 393-394
- Acute myocardial infarction and MB creatine phosphokinase: Relationship between onset of symptoms and appearance and disappearance of enzyme.Arch. Intern. Med. 1980; 140: 329-334
- The preoperative diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy: I. The discriminatory B-hCG zone.Obstet. Gynecol. 1981; 58: 156-161
- Placental trophic hormones.Clin. Obstet. Gynecol. 1980; 23: 721-729
- READY! FIRE!…AIM! An inquiry into laboratory test ordering.J.A.M.A. 1983; 250: 2510-2513
- Ordering of laboratory tests in a teaching hospital: Can it be improved?.J.A.M.A. 1983; 249: 3076-3080
- A fundamental approach to the diagnosis of disease of the thyroid gland.Clin. Lab. Med. 1984; 4: 655-670
© 1985 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.