This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Use of the clinical laboratory can be improved by viewing laboratory tests in terms of medical problem solving instead of endless lists of tests. The authors categorize many of the clinical problems that rely heavily on laboratory testing for their solutions and suggest ways for readers to develop their own lists for their own facilities. This approach can improve the effectiveness and cost efficiency of laboratory testing.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The PALI and SLIC systems.C.R.C. Crit. Rev. Clin. Lab. Sei. 1972; 3: 379-402
- Clinical Laboratory Statistics.Little, Brown and Co., Boston1979
- Laboratory medicine 1953–1978 and the next ten years.Hum. Pathol. 1978; 9: 615-618
- Clinical decision-making: The role of the laboratory.in: Benson E.S. Rubin M. Logic and Economics of Clinical Laboratory Use. Elsevier North-Holland, New York1978
- Diagnosis of treatable Wilson’s disease.N. Engl. J. Med. 1978; 24: 1347-1350
- Problem-Oriented Medical Diagnosis.Little, Brown and Co., Boston1983
- Using the Clinical Laboratory in Medical Decision Making.American Society of Clinical Pathologists, Chicago1983
- Iatrogenesis imperfecta—a new pediatric problem.Pediatrics. 1975; 55: 453-455
- Effective utilization of clinical laboratories.Hum. Pathol. 1978; 9: 625-633
- The Ulysses syndrome.Can. Med. Assoc. J. 1972; 106: 122-123
- Choosing Effective Laboratory Tests.W. B. Saunders, Philadelphia1983
- Interpretive reporting.Clin. Lab. Med. 1984; 4: 41-60
© 1985 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.