This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Although the ultrastructural features of many hepatocellular carcinomas may be distinctive from those of other tumors of epithelial origin, intrahepatic and extrahepatic bile duct neoplasms may be difficult to distinguish from adenocarcinomas originating in other sites. Pancreatic endocrine tumors are composed of cells containing characteristic neurosecretory granules, which are identified by electron microscopy, as are the characteristic zymogen granules in pancreatic acinar-cell tumors.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Undifferentiated (embryonal) sarcoma of the liver with alpha-1-antitrypsin deposits: Immunohistochemical and ultrastructural studies.Cancer. 1980; 45: 3108-3113
- Carcinoma of the gallbladder in a population of southwestern American Indians.Cancer. 1977; 39: 1267-1279
- Carcinosarcoma and carcinoma of the gallbladder.Cancer. 1984; 53: 2171-2177
- Primary sarcoma of the pancreas.Am J Surg. 1966; 112: 657-662
- Clear cell carcinoma of the liver.Am J Clin Pathol. 1974; 61: 529-539
- Pancreatoblastoma.Cancer. 1984; 53: 963-969
- Mucinous cystic neoplasms of the pancreas with overt and latent malignancy (cystadenocarcinoma and cystadenoma).Am J Clin Pathol. 1978; 69: 573-580
- Classification of pancreatic cancer (nonendocrine).Mayo Clin Proc. 1979; 54: 449-458
- Morphological patterns of primary nonendocrine human pancreas carcinoma.Cancer Res. 1975; 35: 2234-2248
- Tumors of the liver and intrahepatic bile ducts.in: Atlas of Tumor Pathology. Section VIII. Fascicle 25. Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC1958
- Hepatoblastoma.Am J Surg Pathol. 1982; 6: 559-612
- Combined hepatocellular-cholangiocarcinoma.Cancer. 1985; 55: 124-135
- Pancreatic endocrine tumors.Hum Pathol. 1982; 13: 263-272
- Morphogenesis of pancreatoblastoma, infantile carcinoma of the pancreas.Cancer. 1977; 39: 247-254
- Biliary cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma.Cancer. 1977; 38: 322-338
- Leiomyosarcoma of the pancreas.Am J Surg Pathol. 1981; 5: 595-602
- Distribution of lysozyme, alpha-1-antichymotrypsin and alpha-l-antitrypsin in adenocarcinomas of the stomach and large intestine. An immunohistochemical study.Virchows Arch Pathol Anat. 1982; 398: 139-147
- Hepatoblastoma.Am J Surg Pathol. 1982; 6: 693-705
- Botryoid rhabdomyosarcoma of the biliary tract.Am J Surg Pathol. 1981; 5: 643-652
- Endocrine pancreatic tumors.Hum Pathol. 1978; 9: 401-416
- Insulinoma.Cancer. 1985; 56: 1420-1429
- Case report.Ultrastruct Pathol. 1983; 5: 281-284
- Retrospective study of 77 pancreatic endocrine tumors using the immunoperoxidase method.Am J Surg Pathol. 1982; 6: 387-399
- Ultrastructure of liver cell and bile duct carcinomas.Ultrastruct Pathol. 1983; 5: 201-241
- Comparison of alpha-l-antitrypsin and alpha-1-antichymotrypsin in hepatocellular carcinoma: An immunoperoxidase study.Am J Gastroenterol. 1984; 79: 959-963
- Acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas in a 9 year old child.South Med J. 1977; 70: 370-372
- Pathology of hepatocellular carcinoma.in: Hepatocellular Carcinoma. John Wiley, New York1976: 107-168
- An ultrastructural study of mixed hepatoblas toma with osteoid elements.Cancer. 1975; 36: 1436-1443
- Undifferentiated (embryonal) sarcoma of the liver.Cancer. 1978; 42: 336-348
- Clear cell carcinoma of liver.Cancer. 1983; 52: 504-507
© 1987 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.