This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
This article reviews the light microscopic, immunocytochemical, and ultrastructural features of non-neoplastic serosal tissue and the spectrum of mesothelial cell-derived neoplasms. Those features unique to this group of tumors, and immunocytochemical and ultrastructural parallels between reactive and neoplastic tissues, are discussed.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Diffuse malignant mesothelioma of the pleura. Diagnostic criteria based on a autopsy study.Am J Clin Pathol. 1984; 82: 15-23
- The intermediate filament cytoskeleton of malignant mesotheliomas and its diagnostic significance.Am I Pathol. 1985; 121: 235-247
- Reactive and neoplastic serosal tissue. A light-microscopic, ultrastructural, and immunocytochemical study.Am T Sure Pathol. 1986; 10: 34-47
- Mesotheliomas.Am J Surg Pathol. 1980; 4: 451-464
- Malignant mesothelioma of the pleura. Review of 123 patients.Cancer. 1982; 49: 2431-2435
- Solitary fibrous tumors of the pleura. Eight new cases and review of 360 cases in the literature.Cancer. 1981; 47: 2678-2689
- Desmoplastic diffuse mesothelioma.Am J Surg Pathol. 1982; 6: 215-222
- Mesothelioma: Profile of keratin proteins and carcinoembryonic antigen.Am J Pathol. 1982; 108: 80-87
- Ultrastructure of poorly differentiated diffuse epithelial mesothelioma.Ultrastruct Pathol. 1984; 7: 151-160
- Adenomatoid tumors of the genital tract.Am J Pathol. 1945; 21: 63-79
- Localized fibrous tumors of the pleura. A light and electronmicroscopical study.Cancer. 1974; 34: 1667-1674
- Immunohistochemical staining for keratin and carcinoembryonic antigen in the diagnosis of malignant mesothelioma.Am J Surg Pathol. 1984; 8: 277-279
- Desmoplastic diffuse mesothelioma.in: Fenoglio C.M. Wolff M. Progress in Surgical Pathology. Volume 2. Masson, New York1980: 19-29
- Cystic mesothelioma of the peritoneum.Cancer. 1982; 50: 1615-1622
- Solitary pleural mesothelioma. A light-and electron-microscopic study.Am J Surg Pathol. 1978; 2: 365-375
- Ultrastructural studies of a malignant fibrous mesothelioma of the pleura.Arch Pathol. 1971; 92: 449-455
- Primary neoplasms of the pleura.Arch Pathol. 1931; 11: 385-412
- Sarcomatous type of malignant mesothelioma.Ultrastruct Pathol. 1983; 4: 349-358
- Chemotherapy of malignant diffuse mesothelioma.Cancer. 1976; 37: 1265-1274
- Use of antibodies to carcinoembryonic antigen and human milk fat globule to distinguish carcinoma, mesothelioma, and reactive mesothelium.J Clin Pathol. 1984; 37: 1215-1221
- Multicystic peritoneal mesothelioma. A report with electron microscopy of a case mimicking intra-abdominal cystic hygroma.Cancer. 1979; 44: 692-698
- Immunoreactivity for keratin proteins in sarcomatoid diffuse malignant mesothelioma: A diagnostic discriminant among malignant spindle cell tumors.Lab Invest. 1985; 52: 44A
- Benign cystic mesothelioma.Cancer. 1980; 45: 2395-2399
- Carcinoembryonic antigen: Immunohistochemical identification in invasive and intraepithelial carcinomas of the lung.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1977; 101: 568-571
- Non-asbestos-related malignant mesothelioma. A Review.Cancer. 1984; 54: 951-960
- Pleural mesothelioma.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1968; 55: 882-890
- Regeneration of parietal and visceral peritoneum: An electron microscopical study.J Anat. 1973; 115: 375-392
- “Endothelioma” of the pleura.J Cancer Res. 1924; 8: 317-375
- Localized fibrous mesothelioma. An immuno-histochemical and electron microscopic study.Hum Pathol. 1984; 15: 440-443
- Adenomatous tumor of the epididymus: Ultrastructural evidence of its biphasic nature.Ultrastruct Pathol. 1980; 1: 39-47
- Localized pleural mesothelioma: Investigation of its characteristics and histogenesis by the method of tissue culture.Arch Pathol. 1942; 34: 951-964
- Ultrastructure of human malignant diffuse mesothelioma.Am J Pathol. 1976; 85: 241-262
- Diffuse pleural mesothelioma and asbestos exposure in the North Western Cape Province.Br J Int Med. 1960; 17: 260-271
- Electron microscopy in the diagnosis of pleural mesotheliomas.Cancer. 1973; 31: 1046-1054
- Absence of carcinoembryonic antigen-like material in mesothelioma.Cancer. 1979; 44: 937-943
- An ultrastructural comparison of mesotheliomas with adenocarcinomas of the lung and breast.Hum Pathol. 1985; 16: 50-55
- Detection of tissue CEA-like substance as an aid in the differential diagnosis of malignant mesothelioma.Pathol. 1982; 14: 255-258
© 1987 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.