This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Monitoring of flucytosine (5-FC) concentration in serum is of great importance. It may be anticipated that demand for this service will increase in the near future, because this drug is used in situations involving immunocompromised patients, including those afflicted with AIDS.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Flucytosine.Ann Intern Med. 1977; 86: 319-322
- Stability studies of 5-fluorocytosine in aqueous solutions.J Parenter Sci Technol. 1985; 39: 200-204
- Simplified bioassay for measurement of flucytosine or ketoconazole.J Clin Microbiol. 1985; 22: 157-160
- Assay of flucytosine and furosemide by high-pressure liquid chromatography.J Pharm Sci. 1975; 64: 1334-1342
- Rapid determination of serum 5-fluorocytosine levels by high performance liquid chromatography.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1978; 13: 500-504
- High-Pressure Liquid Chromatography and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring. ASCP, Chicago1980: 142-144
- Gas chromatographic determination of 5-fluorocytosine in human serum.Clin Chem. 1976; 22: 772-776
- Simple assay for 5-fluorocytosine in the presence of amphotericin B.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1976; 9: 381-383
- Falsely elevated serum creatinine levels secondary to the presence of 5-fluorocytosine.Am J Clin Pathol. 1985; 84: 251-253
- Creative use of a nuisance.Am J Clin Pathol. 1986; 85: 529
- Rapid determination of 5-fluorocytosine levels in blood.J Clin Microbiol. 1984; 20: 996-997
- Rapid fluorometric determination of 5-fluorocytosine in serum.Clin Chim Acta. 1975; 63: 109-114
- Improved procedure for determination of flucytosine in human blood plasma by high-pressure liquid chromatography.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1984; 26: 303-305
- Chemotherapeutics (antimycotic-rikettsial).in: Grayson M. Antibiotics, Chemotherapeutics, and Antibacterial Agents for Disease Control. John Wiley, New York1982: 384-385
- Effect of various concentrations of flucytosine on the accuracy of serum creatinine determinations.Am J Hosp Pharm. 1985; 42: 621-622
- Fluorometric measurement of 5-fluorocytosine in biological fluids.J Pharm Sci. 1973; 62: 828-829
- Gas chromatographic determination of 5-fluorocytosine: A modified extraction method.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1977; 11: 914-915
© 1987 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.