This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
The National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) is a cooperative effort by the major health and medical organizations in the United States. The goal of the program is to reduce the prevalence of elevated blood cholesterol and thereby contribute to reducing coronary heart disease (CHD) morbidity and mortality. Through educational efforts aimed at professionals and the public, the NCEP seeks to raise awareness and understanding about high blood cholesterol as a risk factor for CHD and about the benefits of lowering elevated cholesterol as a means of preventing CHD.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The Lipid Research Clinics Coronary Primary Prevention Trial Results. I. Reduction in incidence of coronary heart disease.JAMA. 1984; 251: 351
- The Lipid Research Clinics Coronary Primary Prevention Trial Results. II. The relationship of reduction in incidence of coronary heart disease to cholesterol lowering.JAMA. 1984; 251: 365
- Change in public perspective on cholesterol and heart disease: Results from two national surveys.JAMA. 1987; 258: 3527
- Change in physician perspective on cholesterol and heart disease: Results from two national surveys.JAMA. 1987; 258: 3521
- National Institutes of Health Consensus Development Conference Statement.Lowering Blood Cholesterol to Prevent Heart Disease. 1985; 5 (Number 7)
© 1989 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.