This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
This article addresses several fundamental features of clinical flow cytometry. A practical overview of the technical and methodologic aspects of this fast-growing and increasingly important new clinical and investigative field is provided. The use of flow cytometry for the diagnosis and monitoring of various chronic lymphoprolifer ative diseases also is discussed. This article may serve as a useful guide to those seeking to set up or maintain a clinical flow cytometry laboratory.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Future clinical role for flow cytometry.Cytometry. 1988; 3 (suppl): 85
- Localization of monoclonal B-cell populations through the use of Komogorov-Smirnov D-value and reduced chi-square contours.Cytometry. 1988; 9: 469
- Darzynkiewicz Z. Crissman H.A. Flow Cytometry—Methods in Cell Biology. vol 33. Academic Press, San Diego1990
- Comprehensive quality assessment approach for flow cytometric immunophenotyping of human lymphocytes.Cytometry. 1989; 10: 433
- Molecular probes.Handbook of Fluorescent Probes and Research Chemicals. Molecular Probes, Eugene1989
- Approaches to multicolor immunofluorescence measurements.Cytometry. 1988; 3 (suppl): 18
- Spectral properties of fluorochromes used in flow cytometry.in: Darzynkiewicz Z. Crissman H.A. Methods in Cell Biology. vol 33. Academic Press, Flow Cytometry. San Diego1990: 655
- Practical considerations for the selection and use of optical filters in flow cytometry.Cytometry. 1988; 9: 277
- Keren D.F. Flow Cytometry in Clinical Diagnosis. ASCP Press, American Society of Clinical Pathologists, Chicago1989
- Knapp W. Dorken B. Gilks W.R. Leucocyte Typing IV—White Cell Differentiation Antigens. ed. 4. Oxford University Press, Oxford1989
- An interactive multivariate analysis of FCM data.Cytometry. 1988; 9: 405
- Fixation and long-term storage of human lymphocytes for surface marker analysis by flow cytometry.Cytometry. 1988; 9: 213
- Establishing optimal lymphocyte gates for immunophenotyping by flow cytometry.Cytometry. 1990; 11: 453
- Cyanine dye labeling reagents containing isothiocyanate groups.Cytometry. 1989; 10: 11
- B-ly-7, a monoclonal antibody reactive with hairy cell leukemia, also defines an activation antigen on normal CD8+ T cells.Blood. 1990; 76: 959
- Role of the laboratory in clinical flow cytometry: Present and future.Cytometry. 1988; 3 (suppl): 101
- Flow cytometry in the diagnosis of lymphomas.Cytometry. 1988; 3 (suppl): 38
- Fluorescence activated cell sorting: Theory, experimental optimization and application in lymphoid cell biology.Methods Enzymol. 1984; 108: 197
- Flow cytometry and fluorescence activated cell sorting (FACS.in: Weir D.M. Herzenberg L.A. Blackwell C. Handbook of Experimental Immunology. ed 4. Blackwell Scientific, Oxford1986: 29 (1)
- Use of a photolabeling technique to identify nonviable cells in fixed homologous or heterologous cell populations.Cytometry. 1991; 12: 133
- Practical Flow Cytometry. ed 3. Alan R. Liss, New York1988
- Crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis of a peridinin-chlorophyll a protein from Amphidinium carterae.FEBS Lett. 1990; 268: 48
- Multiparameter analysis of leukocytes by flow cytometry.Methods Cell Biol. 1990; 33: 427
- Resolving leukocytes using axial light loss.Cytometry. 1989; 10: 426
- Discriminating between damaged and intact cells in fixed flow cytometric samples.Cytometry. 1988; 9: 477
- General principles of multiparameter flow cytometric analysis: Applications of flow cytometry in the diagnostic pathology laboratory.Semin Diagn Pathol. 1989; 6: 3
© 1992 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.