This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Prostate acid phosphatase and prostate specific antigen are common tests used to assess the status of the prostate. Combining these assays increases the sensitivity of detection of carcinoma. These tests not only aid diagnosis but offer a better means to follow up patients.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- A new assay for prostatic acid phosphatase.Am J Clin Pathol. 1959; 32: 88-91
- Method for the rapid determination of alkaline phosphatase with five cubic millimeters of serum.J Biol Chem. 1946; 164: 321-329
- Serum acid phosphatase of prostatic origin in the diagnosis of prostatic cancer: clinical evaluation of 2408 tests by Fishman-Lerner method.J Urol. 1962; 88: 281-287
- A radioimmunoassay for prostatic acid phosphatase. I. Methodology and range of normal male serum value.Invest Urol. 1974; 12: 98-102
- A solid phase radioimmunoassay for prostatic acid phosphatase.J Urol. 1978; 119: 388-391
- Evaluation of a monoclonal antibody-based immuno-radiometric assay for prostatic acid phosphatase.Am J Clin Pathol. 1983; 79: 114-119
- A method for estimating serum acid phosphatase of prostatic origin.J Biol Chem. 1953; 200: 89-97
- An acid phosphatase occurring in the serum of patients with metastasizing carcinoma of the prostate gland.J Clin Invest. 1938; 17: 473-479
- Studies on prostatic cancer. I. The effect of castration, estrogen, and androgen injection on serum phosphatases in metastatic carcinoma of the prostate.Cancer Res. 1941; 1: 293-297
- Sodium phenolphthalein phosphate as a substrate for phosphatase tests.J Biol Chem. 1945; 159: 399-410
- Quantitation of prostate-specific antigen in serum by a sensitive enzyme immunoassay.Cancer Res. 1980; 40: 4658-4662
- Multiple marker evaluation in human prostate cancer with the use of tissue-specific antigens.J Natl Cancer Inst. 1982; 68: 99-105
- Value of new fluorescent immunoassay for human prostatic acid phosphatase in prostate cancer.Urology. 1980; 15: 338-341
- Phosphatase activities of various human tissues.J Urol. 1956; 75: 857-864
- The use of L-tartrate in determining prostatic serum acid phosphatase: a report of 514 cases.J Urol. 1956; 75: 143-150
- Clinical evaluation of immunological methods for detection of serum prostatic acid phosphatase.J Urol. 1981; 126: 363-365
- Immunohistochemical prostatic acid phosphatase level as a prognostic factor of prostatic carcinoma.Prostate. 1991; 19: 265-272
- The colorimetric determination of phosphatases in human serum.J Biol Chem. 1951; 190: 7-15
- Theory and application of the serum acid phosphatase determination in metastasizing prostatic carcinoma; early effects of castration.J Urol. 1942; 48: 426-458
- Secretion into and elimination from blood circulation of prostate specific acid phosphatase, measured by radioimmunoassay.J Urol. 1982; 128: 202-204
- Purification of a human prostate specific antigen.Invest Urol. 1979; 17: 159-163
- Prostate antigen: a new potential marker for prostatic cancer.Prostate. 1981; 2: 89-96
© 1993 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.