This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
The clinical application of B- and T-cell gene rearrangement analysis is discussed relative to diagnostic problems in specific lymphoprolifer ative disorders. This article reviews the use of the Southern blot hybridization technique for B- and T-cell gene rearrangement detection in the analysis of various hematopoietic lesions. Several case studies are presented and analyzed.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Malignant lymphomas in a population at risk for acquired immune deficiency syndrome.Cancer. 1987; 60: 719-723
- Prognostic factors in primary gastrointestinal non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma: A multivariate analysis, report of 107 cases and review of the literature.Cancer. 1989; 64: 1208-1217
- AIDS related secular trends in cancer in Los Angeles county men: a comparison by marital status.Cancer Res. 1989; 49: 466-470
- Relationship between high grade lymphoma and low grade B cell mucosa associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma (Maltoma) of the stomach.Am J Pathol. 1990; 136: 1153-1164
- Heterogeneity of large granular lymphocyte proliferations: delineation of two major subtypes.Blood. 1986; 68: 1142-1153
- Cyclosporine: A new immunosuppressive agent for organ transplantation.Ann Intern Med. 1984; 101: 667-682
- Molecular genetics and the diagnosis of lymphoma.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1988; 112: 117-127
- Primary malignant tumour of the intestinal tract.Br J Surg. 1961; 49: 80-89
- Southern blotting analysis of clonal rearrangements of T-cell receptor genes in plaque lesions of mycosis fungoides.J Invest Dermatol. 1989; 93: 626-629
- Extranodal small lymphocytic proliferation: A clinicopathologic and immu-nocytochemical study.Cancer. 1982; 49: 84-96
- Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) induced polyclonal and monoclonal B-cell lymphoproliferative diseases occurring after renal transplantation. Clinical, pathologic, and Virologie findings and implications for therapy.Ann Surg. 1983; 198: 356-359
- Immunohistologic diagnosis of orbital lymphoid infiltrates.Am J Surg Pathol. 1984; 8: 83-91
- Has the incidence of primary gastric lymphoma increased?.Cancer. 1989; 63: 2073-2076
- Mycosis fungoides.Curr Prob Cancer. 1990; 14: 295-361
- T cell lymphoma in a haemophiliac positive for antibody to HIV.Br J Haematol. 1987; 67: 115
- The extranodal lymphoid infiltrate: a diagnostic dilemma.Semin Diagn Pathol. 1985; 2: 147-151
- Malignant lymphomas and lymphoid hyperplasia that occurs in the ocular adnexa (orbit, conjunctivae, and eyelids).in: Knowles DM Neoplastic Hematopathology. Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore1992
- Orbital lymphoid neoplasms: A clinicopathologic study of 60 patients.Cancer. 1980; 46: 576-589
- Lymphoid neoplasia associated with the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). The New York University Medical Center Experience with 105 patients (1981-86).Ann Intern Med. 1988; 108: 744-753
- Clinicopathologic, immunophenotypic, and molecular genetic analysis of AIDS associated lymphoid neoplasia: clinical and biologic implications.Pathol Annu. 1988; 23: 33-67
- Immunoglobulin and T cell receptor beta chain gene rearrangement analysis of Hodgkin’s disease: Implications for disease determination and differential diagnosis.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1986; 83: 7942-7946
- Non-Hodgkin’s lymphomas and other malignancies in the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.Semin Oncol. 1987; 14: 34-39
- Absence of B cell or T cell clinical expression in nodular, lymphocyte predominant Hodgkin’s disease.Hum Pathol. 1988; 19: 591-594
- Angiocentric immunoproliferative lesions: A clinicopathologic spectrum of post-thymic T-cell proliferations.Blood. 1988; 72: 1674-1681
- Clonal disease of large granular lymphocytes.J Am Soc Hematol. 1993; 82: 1-14
- Stark-cell receptor genes in large granular lymphocytic leukemia.Blood. 1988; 71: 822-824
- Large granular lymphocyte leukemia. Report of 38 cases and review of the literature.Medicine. 1987; 66: 397-405
- Adult onset cyclic neutropenia is associated with increased large granular lymphocytes.Blood. 1986; 68: 1082-1087
- Chronic lymphoproliferative disorders with unusual clinical, morphologic, ultrastructural, and membrane surface marker characteristics.Am J Med. 1977; 62: 588-596
- Clinical, morphologic, immunophenotypic, and molecular genetic analysis of bilateral ocular adnexal lymphoid neoplasms in 17 patients.Am J Ophthal. 1987; 103: 5-68
- Lymphocytic tumors of interterminate nature: A 5 year follow-up of 98 conjunctival and orbital lesions.Br J Ophthalmol. 1978; 62: 381-383
- The pathology of post transplant lymphoproliferative disorders occurring in the setting of cyclosporin A-prednisone immunosuppression.Am J Pathol. 1988; 133: 173-192
- Immunopathology of cutaneous T-cell lymphomas.Am J Pathol. 1985; 119: 436-447
- Immunoglobulin and T cell ß chain rearrangement analysis of ocular adnexal lymphoid neoplasms: Clinical and biologic implications.Blood. 1987; 70: 1519-1529
- Clinical course and prognosis of the lymphoproliferative disease of granular lymphocytes. A multicenter study.Cancer. 1990; 65: 341
- Human immunodeficiency virus-associated T-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma in AIDS.Cancer. 1987; 60: 1459-1461
- Lymphocyte subpopulations in the normal conjunctiva: a monoclonal antibody study.Ophthalmology. 1986; 93: 1276-1283
- Detection of specific sequences among DNA fragments separated by gel electrophoresis by gel electrophoresis.J Mol Biol. 1975; 98: 503-517
- Primary B cell gastric lymphoma and “pseudo-lymphoma”: A genotypic analysis.Am J Pathol. 1989; 135: 57-564
- Clinic, biologic, and therapeutic aspects of malignancies associated with the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.Part I: Ann Allergy. 1988; 60: 310-314
- In situ demonstration of Epstein-Barr viral genomes in viral-associated B cell lymphoproliferations.Am J Pathol. 1989; 134: 651-659
- Recent advances in the molecular biology of cutaneous lymphomas and related disorders.Dermatology. 1991; 10: 172-177
- Gut associated lymphoid tumors.in: Whitehead R Gastrointestinal and Esophageal Pathology. Churchill-Livingstone, Edinburgh1989: 643-661
© 1996 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.