This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
It is now possible to exchange medical images with unprecedented rapidity and ease. The field of telemedicine has developed from this new capability and from the need to accomplish consultations with shorter turn-around times. Telepathology is now in its second decade, and it is currently enjoying an explosive growth of interest and system implementations.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Frozen-section services by telepathology: Experience of 100 cases in the San-in District, Japan.Pathol Int. 1996; 46: 436-441
- Telemedicine and medical responsibility.Arch Anat Cytol Pathol. 1995; 43: 200-205
- Evaluation of a telepathology system between Boston (USA) and Dijon (France): Glass slides versus telediagnostic TV- monitor.Proc Annu Symp Comput Appl Med Care. 1995; : 596-600
- Telepathology.Yamagata, Japan, Rinsho Byori. 1995; 43: 477-481
- Experience with distant pathology demonstrations for clinicians in hospitals without local pathologists through the Swedish telepathology work station.Arch Anat Cytol Pathol. 1995; 43: 266-267
- Future strategy for telepathology in Sweden: Higher resolution, real time transmission in a multipurpose work station for diagnostic pathology.Arch Anat Cytol Pathol. 1995; 43: 242-245
- Previous experience in teleradiology could serve as a first lesson to telepathologists.Arch Anat Cytol Pathol. 1995; 43: 206-208
- Current status of telepathology.APMIS. 1994; 102: 881-890
- The validity of intraoperative frozen section diagnosis based on video-microscopy (telepathology).Gen Diagn Pathol. 1995; 141: 105-110
- Telemedicine project in the Azores Islands.Arch Anat Cytol Pathol. 1995; 43: 285-287
- Telepathology is available for transplantation- pathology: Experience in Japan using an integrated, low-cost, and high-quality system.Mod Pathol. 1994; 7: 801-805
- Telepathology in Europe.Its practical use. Arch Anat Cytol Pathol. 1995; 43: 196-199
- Expert consultation by use of telepathology-the Heidelberg experiences.Anal Cell Pathol. 1995; 9: 53-60
- Aspects of telepathology in routine diagnostic work with specific emphasis on ISDN.Arch Anat Cytol Pathol. 1995; 43: 216-218
- Telepathology: A tool to aid in diagnosis and quality assurance in cervicovaginal cytology.Cytopathology. 1995; 6: 339-342
- Telepathology in France.Justifications and developments. Arch Anat Cytol Pathol. 1995; 43: 191-195
- Supporting telemicroscopy and laboratory medicine activities.The Greek "TELE.INFO.MED.LAB" project. Arch Anat Cytol Pathol. 1995; 43: 275-281
- Teleradiology/telepathology requirements and implementation.J Med Syst. 1995; 19: 153-164
- Remote frozen section service in Norway.Arch Anat Cytol Pathol. 1995; 43: 253-256
- Telepathology: Frozen section diagnosis at a distance.Virchows Arch. 1995; 426: 3-9
- A national telepathology trial in Sweden: Feasibility and assessment.Arch Anat Cytol Pathol. 1995; 43: 234-241
- Telecytology: Diagnostic accuracy in cervical- vaginal smears.Am J Clin Pathol. 1996; 105: 599-603
- Multimedic system for telepathology and interdisciplinary councils between doctors and various hospitals.Arch Anat Cytol Pathol. 1995; 43: 296-299
- Factors influencing distant tele-evaluation in cytology, pathology, conventional radiology and mammography.Anal Cell Pathol. 1996; 10: 13-23
- Telemicroscopy stations for telepathology based on broadband and ISDN connections.Arch Anat Cytol Pathol. 1995; 43: 209-215
- Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) and reimbursement in telemedicine.J Med Syst. 1995; 19: 139-142
- Telemedicine: Delivering medical expertise across the state and around the world.Conn Med. 1995; 59: 593-602
- Reliability of the anatomopathological diagnosis by static image transfer.Arch Anat Cytol Pathol. 1995; 43: 246-250
- How is telepathology being used to improve patient care?.Clin Chem. 1996; 42: 831-835
- Telepathology diagnosis by means of digital still images: An international validation study.Hum Pathol. 1996; 27: 111-118
- Static image telepathology in perspective.Hum Pathol. 1996; 27: 99-101
- Pathology consultation services via the Arizona-International Telemedicine Network.Arch Anat Cytol Pathol. 1995; 43: 219-226
- The design and use of a computer-based digital image acquisition, management, and communications system for conferencing in pathology.Arch Anat Cytol Pathol. 1995; 43: 271-274
- Networking pathology services: Adjusting to managed care.Clin Lab Med. 1996; 16: 227-241
© 1997 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.