This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To evaluate the potential advantages and disadvatages of the EANA, the immunopathology laboratory of the Henry Ford Health System compared the qualitative and quantitative results from several EANA assays to those from a well-standardized FANA assay and then correlated them with the clinical data.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Differentiation and characterization of autoantibodies and their antigens in Sjogren's syndrome.Arthritis Rheum. 1976; 19: 216-222
- Clinical and analytic evaluation of five different enzyme immunoassays (EIA) to screen for serum anti-nuclear antibodies (ANA), in comparison to standard manual immunofluorescence [abstract].Am J Clin Pathol. 1995; 103: 525
- Sjogren's syndrome.Proposed criteria for classification. Arthritis Rheum. 1986; 29: 577-585
- Antinuclear, anticytoplasmic, and anti-Sjögren's syndrome antigen A (SS-A/Ro) antibodies in female blood donors.Clin Immunol Immunopathol. 1985; 36: 120-128
- Comparison of anti-nuclear antibody testing methods: Immunofluorescence assay versus enzyme immunoassay.Clinical and Diagnostic Laboratory Immunology. 1997; 4: 185-188
- Screening for antinuclear antibodies by enzyme immunoassay.Am J Clin Pathol. 1996; 105: 468-473
- Arthritis testing by family physicians-not enough bang for the buck? [abstract].Arthritis Rheum. 1996; 39: S72
- Preliminary criteria for the classification of systemic sclerosis (scleroderma).Arthritis Rheum. 1980; 23: 581-590
- Is mitochondrial antibody diagnostic of primary biliary cirrhosis?.Gut. 1981; 22: 136-140
- Autoantibodies to Nuclear Antigens.ed 2. ASCP Press, Chicago1985
- Revision of diagnostic criteria for rheumatoid arthritis.Bull Rheum Dis. 1958; 9: 175
- Natural Autoantibodies: Their Physiological Role and Regulatory Significance.CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL1993
- An evaluation of five ANA-EIA microplate assays as a replacement for the HEp-2 ANA-IFA [abstract].Am J Clin Pathol. 1995; 104: 351
- Inappropriate utilization of ANA and RF by family physicians when referring patients with rheumatological complaints [abstract].Arthritis Rheum. 1996; 39: S166
- The 1982 revised criteria for the classification of systemic lupus erythematosus.Arthritis Rheum. 1982; 25: 1271-1277
- Preliminary criteria for the classification of Sjogren's syndrome: Results of a prospective concerted action supported by the European community.Arthritis Rheum. 1993; 36: 340-347
- Comparison of the measurement of antinuclear antibodies (ANA) by immunofluorescence and ELISA [abstract].Arthritis Rheum. 1996; 39: S291
© 1997 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.