To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Economic assessment of US physician participation in short-term medical missions.Global Health. 2016; 12: 45
- Forecasting the global shortage of physicians: an economic- and needs-based approach.Bull World Health Organ. 2008; 86 (516–23B)
- Why do they care? Narratives of physician volunteers on motivations for participation in short-term medical missions abroad.BMC Health Serv Res. 2016; 16: 682
- Short-term medical service trips: a systematic review of the evidence.Am J Public Health. 2014; 104: e38-48
- Demographic profile of physician participants in short-term medical missions.BMC Health Serv Res. 2016; 16: 682
- Humanitarian ventures or “fistula tourism?”: the ethical perils of pelvic surgery in the developing world.Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2006; 17: 559-562
- Ethical considerations for short-term experiences by trainees in global health.JAMA. 2008; 300: 1456-1458
- Measuring the propensity to volunteer.Soc Pol Admin. 1996; 30: 206-226
- Brain gains: a literature review of medical missions to low and middle-income countries.BMC Health Serv Res. 2012; 12: 134
Available at: www.pathologistsoverseas.com. Accessed September 4, 2017.
- Pathologists overseas: coordinating volunteer pathology services for 19 years.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2011; 135 (Available at:): 173-178
- Use of a major medical center clinical laboratory as a reference laboratory for a developing country: ordering patterns help set laboratory priorities.Clin Chem. 2003; 49 (Available at:): 162-166
- Impact of a multidisciplinary intervention for diabetes in Eritrea.Clin Chem. 2007; 53 (Available at:): 1954-1959
- Establishing a simple and sustainable quality assurance program and clinical chemistry services in Eritrea.Clin Chem. 2007; 53 (Available at:): 1945-1953
Published online: December 13, 2017
Disclosure Statement: The authors have nothing to disclose.
© 2017 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.