Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
- Economic control of quality of manufactured product.D Van Nostrand Company, New York1931
- The use of control charts in the clinical laboratory.J Clin Pathol. 1950; 20: 1059-1066
Westgard JO. QC past, present and future. Available at: https://www.westgard.com/history-and-future-of-qc.htm, Accessed April 15, 2016.
- Performance characteristics of rules for internal quality control: probabilities for false rejection and error detection.Clin Chem. 1977; 23: 1857-1867
- A multi-rule Shewhart chart for quality control in clinical chemistry.Clin Chem. 1981; 27: 493-501
- Six sigma quality design & control: desirable precision and requisite QC for laboratory measurement processes.Westgard QC, Madison (WI)2001
- The quality of laboratory testing today: an assessment of σ metrics for analytic quality using performance data from proficiency testing surveys and the CLIA criteria for acceptable performance.Am J Clin Pathol. 2006; 125: 343-354
- Evaluating laboratory performance on quality indicators with six sigma scale.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2000; 124: 516-519
- Application of sigma metrics for the assessment of quality assurance in clinical biochemistry laboratory in India: a pilot study.Indian J Clin Biochem. 2011; 26: 131-135
- Errors in laboratory medicine.Clin Chem. 2002; 48: 691-698
- Errors in a stat laboratory: types and frequencies 10 years later.Clin Chem. 2007; 53: 1338-1342
- Criteria for judging precision and accuracy in method development and evaluation.Clin Chem. 1974; 20: 825-833
- Allowable imprecision for laboratory tests based on clinical and analytical test outcome criteria.Clin Chem. 1994; 40: 1909-1914
- Evaluating test methods by estimating total error.Clin Chem. 1994; 40: 464-471
- Charts of operational process specifications (“OPSpecs charts”) for assessing the precision, accuracy, and quality control needed to satisfy proficiency testing performance criteria.Clin Chem. 1992; 38: 1226-1233
- Designing in quality through design control: a manufacturer′s perspective.Clin Chem. 1997; 43: 866-872
- Six sigma quality design and control.2nd edition. Westgard QC, Madison (WI)2006
- Six sigma risk analysis; designing analytical QC plans for medical laboratory.Westgard QC, Madison (WI)2011
- Basic quality management systems: essentials for quality management in the medical laboratory.Westgard QC, Madison (WI)2014
- “Pre-pre” and “post-post” analytical error: high-incidence patient safety hazards involving the clinical laboratory.Clin Chem Lab Med. 2007; 45: 712-719
- Laboratory quality control based on risk management; approved guideline. CLSI document EP23-A™.Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute, Wayne (PA)2011
CMS memorandum: implementing the individualized quality control plan (IQCP) for Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA); 2012. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Provider-Enrollment-and-Certification/SurveyCertificationGenInfo/Downloads/SCLetter12_20-.pdf. Accessed November 11, 2016.
- The CCLM contribution to improvements in quality and patient safety.Clin Chem Lab Med. 2013; 51: 39-46
- Six sigma and calculated laboratory tests.Clin Chem. 2006; 52: 770-771
- Evaluating laboratory performance with the six sigma scale.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2000; 124: 1748-1749
- Quality control. How labs can apply six sigma principles to quality control planning.Clin Lab News. 2006; 32: 10-12
- Sigma verification for examination procedures in medical laboratories. Westgard QC, Madison (WI)2014
Charuruks N, Thanudpasa S, Kedsomboon P, et al. Westgard Sigma Verification Program, as a tool to improve laboratory performance. Poster Number B-169, Poster presentation at the 2015 AACC Annual Meeting. Atlanta, GA, July 26–30, 2015.
Charuruks N. Implementation of Westgard Sigma Verification Program. Oral Presentation, the 8th Annual Asia Pacific & Japan Scientific Symposium: turning science into caring. Bali, Indonesia, December 1–3, 2015.
- Clinical Chemistry ARCHITECT GAMMA GULTAMYL TRANSFERASE Ref 7D65, 304645/R02, reagent package insert for ARTHITECT c systems. Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park (IL)2012
- Sigma metrics used to assess analytical quality of clinical chemistry assays: importance of the allowable total error (TEa) target.Clin Chem Lab Med. 2014; 52: 973-980
Charuruks N, Thanudpasa S, Kedsomboon P, et al. Six sigma clinical laboratory services at Bumrungrad International Hospital, Thailand. Poster Code W109, Poster presentation at the IFCC-EFLM Euro Med Lab Paris 2015 Congress. Paris, June 21–25, 2015.
Kubiak TM. Perusing process performance metrics selecting the right measures for managing processes. Available at: http://asq.org/quality-progress/2009/08/34-per-million/perusing-process-performance-metrics.html. Accessed December 24, 2014.
- Quality indicators and specifications for key analytical-extranalytical processes in the clinical laboratory. Five years’ experience using the Six Sigma concept.Clin Chem Lab Med. 2011; 49: 463-470
- Integrating Six Sigma with total quality management; a case example for measuring medication errors.J Healthc Manag. 2003; 48: 377-391
- General strategies to set quality specifications for reliability performance characteristics.Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 1999; 59: 487-490
- Utilization of assay performance characteristics to estimate hemoglobin A1c result reliability.Clin Chem. 2014; 60: 1073-1079
CLIA Brochure #13 CLIA Individualized Quality Control Plan. What is an IQCP? November 2014. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Legislation/CLIA/Downloads/CLIAbrochure13.pdf. Accessed November 11, 2016.
- The basics of FMEA.2nd edition. CRC Press, New York2009
- Prioritizing risk analysis quality control plans based on sigma metrics.Clin Lab Med. 2013; 33 ([In: Westgard JO, Westgard S. Ed., Clinics in laboratory medicine: quality control in the age of risk management]): 41-53
- Perspectives on quality control, risk management, and analytical quality management.Clin Lab Med. 2013; 33: 1-14