Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
- The nature of biological variation.in: Biological variation: from principles to practice. AACC Press, Washington, DC2001: 1-28
- Defining analytical performance specifications 15 years after the Stockholm conference.Clin Chem Lab Med. 2015; 53: 829-832
- Biological variation: a still evolved facet of laboratory medicine.Ann Clin Biochem. 2015; 52: 189-190
- Generation and application of data on biological variation in clinical chemistry.Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci. 1989; 27: 409-437
- Current databases on biological variation: pros, cons and progress.Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 1999; 59 (In: Hyltoft Petersen P, Fraser CG, Kallner A, et al. Strategies to set global quality specifications in laboratory medicine): 491-500
Minchinela J, Ricós C, Perich C, et al. Biological variation database and quality specifications for imprecision bias and total error (desirable and minimum). The 2014 update. Available at: http://www.westgard.com/biodatabase-2014-update.htm. Accessed September 15, 2016.
- Biological variation- reliable data is essential. Clin Chem.Lab Med. 2015; 53: 153-154
- Reliability of a biological variation data available in an online database: need for improvement.Clin Chem Lab Med. 2015; 53: 801-807
- A checklist for critical appraisal of studies on biological variation.Clin Chem Lab Med. 2015; 53: 879-885
- Elevitch F.R. 1976 aspen conference on analytical goals in clinical chemistry. College of American Pathologists, Skokie (IL)1977
- Quality specifications.in: Biological variation: from principles to practice. AACC Press, Washington, DC2001: 29-66
- Analytical goals for the acceptance of reference intervals for laboratories throughout a geographical area.Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 1988; 48: 757-764
- Currently used criteria for evaluating performance in EQA in European countries and a proposal for harmonization.Eur J Clin Chem Clin Biochem. 1996; 34 (Also in: Uldall A. Compendium on advanced external quality assurance in clinical biochemistry. DEKS. Herlev University Hospital. Denmark 2000): 159-165
- Proposal for the modification of the conventional model for establishing performance specifications.Clin Chem Lab Med. 2015; 53: 925-937
- Proposals for setting generally applicable quality goals solely based on biology.Ann Clin Biochem. 1997; 34: 8-12
- Six sigma basics.in: Six sigma quality design and control. Westgard QC Inc, Madison (WI)2006: 69-91
- Charts of Operational Process Spacificatins (“OPSpects charts”) for assessing the accuracy, precision and quality control needed to satisfy proficiency testing performance criteria.Clin Chem. 1992; 38: 1226-1233
Ramón F, Alsina MJ, Álvarez V, et al. XXXVI Programa de Garantía Externa de la Calidad de Bioquímica suero de la SEQC. 2015. Available at: http://www.contcal.org/qcweb/Documents/90%20Avaluacio%20anual/80%20 Programas%202015/40.Suero.pdf. Accessed October 5, 2016.
- Rationale for using data on biological variation.Clin Chem Lab Med. 2015; 53: 863-870
- Statistical aspects of reference values in clinical pathology.Prog Clin Pathol. 1981; 8: 45-66
- Collective opinion paper on findings of the 2010 convocation of experts on laboratory quality.Clin Chem Lab Med. 2011; 49: 793-802
- Improved monitoring of differences in serial laboratory results.Clin Chem. 2011; 57: 1635-1637
- Within-subject biological variation in disease: collate data and clinical consequences.Ann Clin Biochem. 2007; 44: 343-352
- Reference change values for brain natriuretic peptides revisited.Clin Chem. 2006; 52: 1602-1603
- Biological variation: the effect of different distributions on estimated within-person variation and reference change values.Clin Chem. 2016; 62: 725-736
- Taking autoverification to the next level: new tools make it easier to increase efficiency.Clin Lab News. 2003; 29: 11
- The advantages of autoverification.Adv form Med Lab Professionals. 2003; 15: 25
- Biological variation data are necessary prerequisites for objective autoverification of clinical laboratory data.Accred Qual Assur. 2002; 7: 455-460