To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Toxicology screening in oral and maxillofacial trauma patients.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2013; 51: 773-778
- General anaesthesia for the cocaine abusing patient. Is it safe?.Br J Anaesth. 2006; 97: 654-657
- World drug report.UNODC, Geneva (Switzerland)2015 (Available at)
- Cocaine: what role does it have in current ENT practice? A review of the current literature.J Laryngol Otol. 2006; 120: 808-811
- Influence of cocaine and lidocaine on human nasal cilia - beat frequency and harmony in vitro.Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1994; 120: 197-201
- Rhinitis medicamentosa as a cause of increased intraoperative bleeding.Laryngoscope. 2010; 120: 2106-2107
- Intranasal hydrocodone-acetaminophen abuse induced necrosis of the nasal cavity and pharynx.Laryngoscope. 2012; 122: 2378-2381
- Complications of intranasal prescription narcotic abuse.Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2002; 111: 174-177
- Clinical and pathologic characteristics of intranasal abuse of combined opioid-acetaminophen medications.Int Forum Allergy Rhinol. 2014; 4: 839-844
- Clinical practice guideline: tonsillectomy in children.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2011; 144: S1-S30
- Diagnosis and management of childhood obstructive sleep apnea syndrome.Pediatrics. 2012; 130: e714-e755
- Postoperative respiratory compromise in children with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome: can it be anticipated?.Pediatrics. 1994; 93: 784-788
- Ventilatory response to CO2 in children with obstructive sleep apnea from adenotonsillar hypertrophy.Anesth Analg. 1999; 89: 328-332
- Recurrent hypoxemia in children is associated with increased analgesic sensitivity to opiates.Anesthesiology. 2006; 105: 665-669
- Sleep and breathing on the first night after adenotonsillectomy for obstructive sleep apnea.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2005; 39: 332-338
- Confronting the challenges of effective pain management in children following tonsillectomy.Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2014; 78: 1813-1827
- Future of pediatric tonsillectomy and perioperative outcomes.Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2013; 77: 194-199
- Death or neurologic injury after tonsillectomy in children with a focus on obstructive sleep apnea: Houston, we have a problem!.Anesth Analg. 2014; 118: 1276-1283
- A brief history of opiates, opioid peptides and opioid receptors.Proc Natl Acad Sci. 1993; 90: 5391-5393
- Acetaminophen versus acetaminophen with codeine after pediatric tonsillectomy.Laryngoscope. 2000; 110: 1824-1827
- Pharmacogenetic insights into codeine analgesia: implications to pediatric codeine use.Pharmacogenomics. 2008; 9: 1267-1284
- Interethnic differences in genetic polymorphisms of CYP2D6 in the U.S. population: clinical implications.Oncologist. 2006; 11: 126-135
- Pharmacogenetics of codeine metabolism in an urban population of children and its implications for analgesic reliability.Br J Anaesth. 2002; 89: 839-845
- Opioid metabolism.Mayo Clin Proc. 2009; 84: 613-624
- The elephant in the room: lethal apnea at home after adenotonsillectomy.Anesth Analg. 2014; 118: 1157-1159
- Molecular genetics and epigenetics of the cytochrome P450 gene family and its relevance for cancer risk and treatment.Hum Genet. 2010; 127: 1-17
Published online: October 14, 2016
The author has nothing to disclose.
© 2016 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.