Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
2014 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: Detailed Tables. 2015. Available at: http://www.samhsa.gov/data/s ites/default/files/NSDUH-DetTabs2014/NSDUH-DetTabs2014.pdf. Accessed June 5, 2016.
- Existing and future drugs for the treatment of the dark side of addiction.Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol. 2016; 56: 299-322
- Corticosterone in the range of stress-induced levels possesses reinforcing properties: implications for sensation-seeking behaviors.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993; 90: 11738-11742
- Allostasis and dysregulation of corticotropin-releasing factor and neuropeptide Y systems: implications for the development of alcoholism.Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2004; 79: 671-689
- Addiction is a reward deficit and stress surfeit disorder.Front Psychiatry. 2013; 4: 72
- Glutamatergic transmission in drug reward: implications for drug addiction.Front Neurosci. 2015; 9: 404
- Opioid-use disorder among patients on long-term opioid therapy: impact of final DSM-5 diagnostic criteria on prevalence and correlates.Subst Abuse Rehabil. 2015; 6: 83-91
- Promethazine use among chronic pain patients.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2015; 150: 92-97
- Journey through the K-hole: phenomenological aspects of ketamine use.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2008; 95: 219-229
- 'Street ketamine'-associated bladder dysfunction: a report of ten cases.Hong Kong Med J. 2007; 13: 311-313
- Ketamine: review of its pharmacology and its use in pediatric anesthesia.Anesth Prog. 1999; 46: 10-20
- The dissociative anaesthetics, ketamine and phencyclidine, selectively reduce excitation of central mammalian neurones by N-methyl-aspartate.Br J Pharmacol. 1983; 79: 565-575
Ketamine (INN): update review report. Geneva. 2015.
- An NMDA receptor-dependent mechanism underlies inhibitory synapse development.Cell Rep. 2016; 14: 471-478
- Glutamate receptor dysfunction and schizophrenia.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1995; 52: 998-1007
35th Expert Committee on Drug Dependence, W.H.O. Ketamine: Expert peer review on critical review report (2). 2012. Available at: http://www.who.int/medicines/areas/quality_safety/4.2.2ExpertreviewKetaminecriticalreview.pdf. Accessed June 5, 2016.
Ketamine (Street names: Special K, “K”, Kit Kat, Cat Valium). 2013. Available at: http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drug_chem_info/ketamine.pdf. Accessed June 5, 2016.
United States Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S.D.o.J. Available from: Available at: http://www.dea.gov/druginfo/ds.shtml. Accessed June 5, 2016.
- Ketamine-associated ulcerative cystitis: a case report and literature review.Malays J Med Sci. 2010; 17: 61-65
- The rise of club drugs in a heroin society: the case of Hong Kong.Subst Use Misuse. 2005; 40: 1257-1278
- Dinosaur girls, candy girls, and Trinity: voices of Taiwanese club drug users.J Ethn Subst Abuse. 2008; 7: 237-257
- The destruction of the lower urinary tract by ketamine abuse: a new syndrome?.BJU Int. 2008; 102: 1616-1622
- Ketamine-associated urinary tract dysfunction: an underrecognized clinical entity.Urol Int. 2012; 89: 93-96
- Histopathological assessment of inflammation and expression of inflammatory markers in patients with ketamine-induced cystitis.Mol Med Rep. 2015; 11: 2421-2428
- Clinical outcome of a prospective case series of patients with ketamine cystitis who underwent standardized treatment protocol.Urology. 2015; 86: 236-243
- The clinical presentation and diagnosis of ketamine-associated urinary tract dysfunction in Singapore.Singapore Med J. 2015; 56: 660-665
- Drug injection practices among high-risk youths: the first shot of ketamine.J Urban Health. 2004; 81: 232-248
- Ketamine injection among high risk youth: preliminary findings from New York City.J Drug Issues. 2002; 32: 893-905
- Urinary excretion rates of ketamine and norketamine following therapeutic ketamine administration: method and detection window considerations.J Anal Toxicol. 2005; 29: 376-382
- Is off-label repeat prescription of ketamine as a rapid antidepressant safe? Controversies, ethical concerns, and legal implications.BMC Med Ethics. 2016; 17: 4
Drugs and Human Performance Fact Sheet. Available at: http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/research/job185drugs/ketamine.htm. Accessed June 5, 2016.
- Possible pathophysiology of ketamine-related cystitis and associated treatment strategies.Int J Urol. 2015; 22: 816-825
- Ketamine dependence: case report and review.J Pak Psychiatr Soc. 2010; 7: 1
Critical Review of Ketamine. 2006.
Ketamine, in AccessMedicine: Drug Monographs.
- Ketamine-associated ulcerative cystitis: a new clinical entity.Urology. 2007; 69: 810-812
- Ketamine pharmacology: an update (pharmacodynamics and molecular aspects, recent findings).CNS Neurosci Ther. 2013; 19: 370-380
- Interaction between sedative premedicants and ketamine in man in isolated perfused rat livers.Anesthesiology. 1975; 43: 307-312
- Determination of ketamine and metabolites in urine by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry.Talanta. 2007; 72: 1217-1222
- Urine concentrations of ketamine and norketamine following illegal consumption.J Anal Toxicol. 2001; 25: 583-588
- Detection of ketamine and its metabolites in urine by ultra high pressure liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry.J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2008; 876: 137-142
- Determination of ketamine and its major metabolite, norketamine, in urine and plasma samples using microextraction by packed sorbent and gas chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry.J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2015; 1004: 67-78
- Occupational exposure to ketamine detected by hair analysis: a retrospective and prospective toxicological study.Forensic Sci Int. 2016; 265: 193-199
- A novel derivatization approach for determination of ketamine in urine and plasma by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry.J Chromatogr A. 2012; 1264: 104-109
- The novel ketamine analog methoxetamine produces dissociative-like behavioral effects in rodents.Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2016; 233: 1215-1225
- Phencyclidine analog use in Sweden–intoxication cases involving 3-MeO-PCP and 4-MeO-PCP from the STRIDA project.Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2015; 53: 856-864
- Can ketamine prescribed for pain cause damage to the urinary tract?.Palliat Med. 2009; 23: 670-672
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of ketamine enantiomers in surgical patients using a stereoselective analytical method.Br J Anaesth. 1993; 70: 666-671
- Ventilatory response to CO2 following intravenous ketamine in children.Anesthesiology. 1989; 70: 422-425
- To use or not to use: an update on licit and illicit ketamine use.Subst Abuse Rehabil. 2011; 2: 11-20
- Oxygen desaturation in a child receiving a combination of ketamine and midazolam for dental extractions.Anesth Prog. 1997; 44: 68-70
- Effect of diazepam on emergence from ketamine anaesthesia. A double-blind study.Anaesthesist. 1979; 28: 20-23
- Status of international consensus on interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome/painful bladder syndrome: 2008 snapshot.Neurourol Urodyn. 2009; 28: 274-286
- Prevalence of symptoms of bladder pain syndrome/interstitial cystitis among adult females in the United States.J Urol. 2011; 186: 540-544
- Prevalence of painful bladder symptoms and effect on quality of life in black, Hispanic and white men and women.J Urol. 2007; 177: 1390-1394
- Urothelial mucosal signaling and the overactive bladder-ICI-RS 2013.Neurourol Urodyn. 2014; 33: 597-601
- Glycosylation of uroplakins. Implications for bladder physiopathology.Glycoconj J. 2014; 31: 623-636
- The physiological function of the urothelium–more than a simple barrier.Urol Int. 2006; 76: 289-295
- Tight junctions and compositionally related junctional structures in mammalian stratified epithelia and cell cultures derived therefrom.Eur J Cell Biol. 2002; 81: 419-435
- Distribution of the tight junction proteins ZO-1, occludin, and claudin-4, -8, and -12 in bladder epithelium.Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2004; 287: F305-F318
- Ketamine-induced ulcerative cystitis and bladder apoptosis involve oxidative stress mediated by mitochondria and the endoplasmic reticulum.Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2015; 309: F318-F331
- Uroplakins in urothelial biology, function, and disease.Kidney Int. 2009; 75: 1153-1165
- The human urothelial tight junction: claudin 3 and the ZO-1alpha switch.Bladder (San Franc). 2015; 2: e9
- Afferent nerve regulation of bladder function in health and disease.Handb Exp Pharmacol. 2009; : 91-138
- Mucosal signaling in the bladder.Auton Neurosci. 2015; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Bladder afferent signaling: recent findings.J Urol. 2010; 183: 1288-1295
- Control of urinary drainage and voiding.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015; 10: 480-492
- Transient receptor potential vanilloid subfamily 1 is essential for the generation of noxious bladder input and bladder overactivity in cystitis.J Urol. 2007; 177: 1537-1541
- Cystitis due to the use of ketamine as a recreational drug: a case report.J Med Case Rep. 2008; 2: 219
- Ketamine-snorting associated cystitis.J Formos Med Assoc. 2011; 110: 787-791
- Ketamine-associated lower urinary tract destruction: a new radiological challenge.Clin Radiol. 2010; 65: 795-800
- Ketamine effects on the urogenital system–changes in the urinary bladder and sperm motility.Microsc Res Tech. 2011; 74: 1192-1198
- Increased apoptosis and suburothelial inflammation in patients with ketamine-related cystitis: a comparison with non-ulcerative interstitial cystitis and controls.BJU Int. 2013; 112: 1156-1162
- Long-term ketamine abuse induces cystitis in rats by impairing the bladder epithelial barrier.Mol Biol Rep. 2014; 41: 7313-7322
- The fibrosis of ketamine, a noncompetitive N-methyl-d-aspartic acid receptor antagonist dose-dependent change in a ketamine-induced cystitis rat model.Drug Chem Toxicol. 2016; 39: 206-212
- A preliminary study on mechanisms for urinary system disorders before and after ketamine withdrawal in rats.Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2015; 40 ([in Chinese]): 269-275
- Resonance metallic ureteric stent in a case of ketamine bladder induced bilateral ureteric obstruction with one year follow up.Int J Surg Case Rep. 2015; 8c: 49-51
- The release of cytochrome c from mitochondria: a primary site for Bcl-2 regulation of apoptosis.Science. 1997; 275: 1132-1136
- Mitochondrial and extramitochondrial apoptotic signaling pathways in cerebrocortical neurons.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000; 97: 6161-6166
- Mitochondrial respiratory-chain diseases.N Engl J Med. 2003; 348: 2656-2668
- Bcl-2 inhibits the mitochondrial release of an apoptogenic protease.J Exp Med. 1996; 184: 1331-1341
- Prevention of apoptosis by Bcl-2: release of cytochrome c from mitochondria blocked.Science. 1997; 275: 1129-1132
- Involvement of mitochondrial pathway of apoptosis in urothelium in ketamine-associated urinary dysfunction.Am J Med Sci. 2015; 349: 344-351
- Ketamine induces apoptosis of human uroepithelial SV-HUC-1 cells.Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2014; 39 ([in Chinese]): 703-707
- Demonstration of the direct impact of ketamine on urothelium using a tissue engineered bladder model.Can Urol Assoc J. 2015; 9: E613-E617
- GRP78 regulates ER homeostasis and distal epithelial cell survival during lung development.Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2016; 55: 135-149
- Nerve hyperplasia: a unique feature of ketamine cystitis.Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2013; 1: 64
- Protective effect of aminoguanidine against oxidative stress and bladder injury in cyclophosphamide-induced hemorrhagic cystitis in rat.Cell Biochem Funct. 2009; 27: 56-62
- Substance P via NK1 receptor facilitates hyperactive bladder afferent signaling via action of ROS.Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2003; 284: F840-F851
- Translocation of NF-kappaB and expression of cyclooxygenase-2 are enhanced by ketamine-induced ulcerative cystitis in rat bladder.Am J Pathol. 2015; 185: 2269-2285
- Clinical staging of ketamine-associated urinary dysfunction: a strategy for assessment and treatment.World J Urol. 2016; 34: 1329-1336
Disclosures: Nothing to disclose.