Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Available at: www.cdc.gov/asthma/asthmadata.htm. Accessed April 5, 2016.
- Vital signs: overdoses of prescription opioid pain relievers – United States, 1999-2008.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60: 5
- Prescription painkiller overdoses: a growing epidemic, especially among women.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta (GA)2013 (Available at:)
- Increases in drug and opioid overdose deaths–United States, 2000-2014.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016; 64: 1378-1382
- Number and age-adjusted rates of drug-poisoning deaths involving opioid analgesics and heroin: United States, 2000-2014.Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta (GA)2015 (Available at:)
- Medical diagnoses associated with substance dependence among inpatients at a large urban hospital.PLoS One. 2015; 10: e0131324
- Heroin insufflation as a trigger for patients with life-threatening asthma.Chest. 2003; 123: 510-517
- Asthma deaths confounded by substance abuse. An Assessment of fatal asthma.Chest. 1996; 110: 604-610
- Contribution of opiates in sudden asthma deaths.Am J Forensic Med Pathol. 2015; 36: 49-52
- Bronchial hyperreactivity in patients who inhale heroin mixed with cocaine vaporized on aluminum foil.Chest. 2002; 121: 1223-1230
- Increase in fentanyl drug confiscations and fentanyl-related overdose fatalities. HAN Health Advisory.US Department of Health and Human Services, CDC, Atlanta (GA)2015 (Available at:)
- Exacerbation of asthma secondary to fentanyl transdermal patch.BMJ Case Rep. 2009; 2009 ([pii:bcr10.2008.1062])
- A case of severe bronchospasm under epidural anesthesia with fentanyl.Masui. 1997; 46: 1378-1381
- Explosive coughing after fentanyl injection.Anesth Analg. 2001; 92: 1442-1443
- The influence of implicit bias on treatment recommendations for 4 common pediatric conditions: pain, urinary tract infection, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, and asthma.Am J Public Health. 2012; 102: 988-995
- Primary care providers’ judgments of opioid analgesic misuse in a community-based cohort of HIV-infected indigent adults.J Gen Intern Med. 2011; 26: 412-418
Available at: http://www.asam.org/docs/default-source/advocacy/opioid-addiction-disease-facts-figures.pdf. Accessed April 5, 2016.
- Diminished ventilator response to hypoxia and hypercapnia after morphine in normal man.N Engl J Med. 1975; 292: 1103-1106
World Health Organisation (WHO). Community management of opioid overdose. Available at: http://www.who.int/substance_abuse/publications/management_opioid_overdose/en/.2014.
- Central effects of antitussive drugs on cough and respiration.J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1956; 117: 127-135
- Nebulized opioids use in COPD.Chest. 2004; 125: 691-694
- Nebulized morphine: a convenient and safe alternative to dyspnea relief.Chest. 2004; 125: 363-365
- Endogenous opioids as mediators of asthma.Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2001; 14: 383-389
- LC and LC-MS-MS analyses of undeclared codeine in antiasthmatic Chinese proprietary medicine.J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2000; 22: 481-486
- Morphine sulfate inhibits bronchoconstriction in subjects with mild asthma whose response are inhibited by atropine.Am Rev Respir Dis. 1984; 130: 363-367
- Evidence for opioid modulation and generation of prostaglandins in sulphur dioxide (SO)2-induced bronchoconstriction.Thorax. 1996; 151: 159-163
- Safety and pharmacokinetic of inhaled morphine delivered using the AERx system in patients with moderate-to-severe asthma.Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2004; 42: 456-462
- Morphine for severe asthma?.N Engl J Med. 1973; 288: 50
- IgE-mediated asthma: new revelations and future insights.Respir Med. 2016; 112: 128-129
- Pharmacological stimuli in asthma/urticarial.Allergol Immunopathol (Madr). 2006; 34: 224-227
- Opioid-induced mast cell activation and vascular responses is not mediated by μ-opioid receptors: an in vivo microdialysis study in human skin.Anesth Analg. 2004; 98: 364-370
- Intravenous morphine and nalbuphine increase histamine and catecholamine release without accompanying hemodynamic changes.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1995; 58: 81-89
- Histamine release induced by opioid analgesic: a comparative study using porcine mast cells.Agents Actions. 1991; 33: 20-22
- Inhaled heroin-induced status asthmaticus. Five Cases and a review of the literature.Chest. 2000; 117: 272-275
- Codeine-induced bronchoconstriction and putative bronchial opiate receptors in asthmatic subjects.Pulm Pharmacol. 1994; 7: 333-341
- Naloxone treatment in opioid addiction: the risks and benefits.Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2007; 6: 125-132
- Assessment of the safety and ease of use of the naloxone auto-injector for the reversal of opioid overdose.Open Access Emerg Med. 2015; 2015: 21-24
- Caution with naloxone use in asthmatic patients.Am J Emerg Med. 2006; 24: 515-516
- The effect of prehospital nebulized naloxone on suspected heroin-induced bronchospasm.Am J Emerg Med. 2013; 31: 717-718
- Reduction of opioid-withdrawal symptoms with quetiapine.J Clin Psychiatry. 2005 Oct; 66: 1285-1288
- Exercise-induced bronchoconstriction.Drugs. 2002; 62: 1725-1739
- Naloxone induced morphine withdrawal increases the number and degranulation of mast cells in the thalamus of the mouse.Neuropharmacology. 2004; 46: 824-835
- Beta-endorphin in the immune system: a role at last?.Immunol Today. 1997; 18: 317-319
- Peripheral CD4 T cell differentiation regulated by networks of cytokines and transcription factors.Immunol Rev. 2010; 238: 247-262
- Morphine induces CD4+ T cell IL-4 expression through an adenylyl cyclase mechanism independent of the protein kinase A pathway.J Immunol. 2005; 175: 6361-6367
- Interviewing and urine drug toxicology screening in a pediatric pain management center: an analysis of analgesic nonadherence and aberrant behaviors in adolescents and young adults.Clin J Pain. 2016; 32: 1-6