Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
- Hematology of birds.in: Campbell T.W. Ellis C.K. Avian and exotic animal hematology and cytology. 3rd edition. Blackwell Publishing Professional, Ames (IA)2007: 3-50
- Interpreting diagnostic tests.in: Avian medicine and surgery in practice: companion and aviary birds. Manson Publishing Ltd, London2011: 69-91
- Avian hematology and related disorders.Vet Clin North Am Exot Anim Pract. 2008; 11: 501-522
- Erythrocyte distribution in ducks.Am J Vet Res. 1989; 50: 958-960
- Reference intervals, longitudinal analyses, and index of individuality of commonly measured laboratory variables in captive bald eagles (Haliaeetus leucocephalus).J Avian Med Surg. 2014; 28: 118-126
- Avian complete blood count.in: Fudge A.M. Laboratory medicine: avian and exotic pets. WB Saunders Co, Philadelphia2000: 9-18
- Avian clinical pathology—hematology and chemistry.in: Altman R.B. Clubb S.L. Dorrestein G.M. Avian medicine and surgery. WB Saunders Co, Philadelphia1997: 142-157
- General hematological characteristics of birds.in: Atlas of clinical avian hematology. Wiley-Blackwell, Ames (IA)2009: 33-53
- Hematology of psittacines.in: Weiss D.J. Wardrop K.J. Schalm’s veterinary hematology. 6th edition. Wiley-Blackwell, Hoboken (NJ)2010: 968-976
- Avian hematology.in: Avian hematology and cytology. 2nd edition. Iowa State University Press, Ames (IA)1995: 3-19
- Development of a technique for quantification of avian reticulocytes.Am J Vet Res. 2008; 69: 1067-1072
- Overview of psittacine blood analysis and comparative retrospective study of clinical diagnosis, hematology and blood chemistry in selected psittacine species.Vet Clin North Am Exot Anim Pract. 2013; 16: 71-120
- Immune-mediated hemolytic anemia in an eclectus parrot.J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2007; 230: 1028-1031
- Hematology.in: Ritchie B.W. Harrison G.J. Harrison L.R. Avian medicine: principles and applications. Wingers Publishing, Lake Worth (FL)1994: 176-198
- Disorders of avian leukocytes.in: Fudge A.M. Laboratory medicine: avian and exotic pets. WB Saunders Co, Philadelphia2000: 19-25
- The influence of stress from transport and handling on hematologic and clinical chemistry blood parameters of racing pigeons (Columbia livia domestica).Avian Dis. 2002; 46: I224-I229
- Clinical experience with avian laboratory diagnostics.Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 1984; 14: 249-280
- Severe leukopenia and liver necrosis in young African grey parrots (Psittacus erithacus erithacus) infected with psittacine circovirus.Avian Dis. 2000; 44: 470-478
- Morphological changes, surface receptors and phagocytic potential of fowl mono-nuclear phagocytes and thrombocytes in vivo and in vitro.J Pathol. 1980; 130: 23-31
This article originally appeared in Veterinary Clinics of North America: Exotic Animal Practice, Volume 18, Issue 1, January 2015.
The author has nothing to disclose.