Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
American Veterinary Medical Association. 2012 U.S. pet ownership & demographic sourcebook. Schaumburg (IL): Membership & Field Services, American Veterinary Medical Association; 2012.
- Pathology of laboratory rodents and rabbits.3rd edition. Blackwell Pub, Ames (IA)2007: 325
- The guinea pig handbook.Barron's, Hauppauge (NY)2003
- Harkness and Wagner's biology and medicine of rabbits and rodents.5th edition. Wiley-Blackwell, Ames (IA)2010: 111
- Formulary for laboratory animals.3rd edition. Wiley-Blackwell, St Louis (MO)2005
- Manual of exotic pet practice.Saunders Elsevier, St Louis (MO)2009: 470
- Anesthesia and analgesia for laboratory rodents.in: Fish R.E. Brown M.J. Danneman P.J. Anesthesia and analgesia in laboratory animals. 2nd edition. Academic Press, San Diego (CA)2008: 279-280
- Clinical hematology of rodent species.Vet Clin North Am Exot Anim Pract. 2008; 11: 523-533
- Blood collection techniques in exotic small mammals.J Exot Pet Med. 2009; 18: 117-139
- Venipuncture in the guinea pig.Lab Anim Sci. 1987; 37: 245-246
- Saphenous vein puncture for blood sampling of the mouse, rat, hamster, gerbil, guinea pig, ferret and mink.Lab Anim. 1998; 32: 364-368
- Pericutaneous phlebotomy and intravenous injection in the guinea pig.Lab Anim Sci. 1975; 25: 106-107
- Hematology of the guinea pig.in: Weiss D.J. Wardrop K.J. Schalm O.W. Schalm's veterinary hematology. 6th edition. Wiley-Blackwell, Ames (IA)2010: 893-898
- Biology, husbandry, and clinical techniques (of guinea pigs and chinchillas).in: Ferrets, rabbits, and rodents: clinical medicine and surgery. WB Saunders, Philadelphia1997: 432
- Bone marrow blood volume and total red cell mass of the guinea-pig as determined by 59-Fe-erythrocyte dilution and liquid nitrogen freezing.Q J Exp Physiol Cogn Med Sci. 1965; 50: 1-14
- Ferrets, rabbits, and rodents: clinical medicine and surgery.3rd edition. Elsevier/Saunders, St Louis (MO)2012
- Veterinary hematology and clinical chemistry.2nd edition. Wiley-Blackwell, Ames (IA)2012
- Standard values in blood, being the first part of a handbook of biological data.Air Force, Wright Air Development Center, Dayton (OH)1951
- Avian and exotic animal hematology and cytology.3rd edition. Blackwell Pub, Ames (IA)2007
- The blood morphology of laboratory animals.3rd edition. FA Davis, Philadelphia1967
- The laboratory rabbit, guinea pig, hamster, and other rodents.1st edition. Academic Press/Elsevier, London; Waltham (MA)2012
- Exotic companion medicine handbook for veterinarians.Wingers Pub, Lake Worth (FL)1995
- Blood coagulation studies in guinea pigs (Cavia porcellus).Lab Anim. 1988; 22: 206-211
- Pathology of laboratory animals.Springer-Verlag, New York1978
- Clinical biochemical and hematological reference values in normal experimental animals.Masson Pub. USA, New York1977
- Interpretation of feline leukocyte responses.in: Weiss D.J. Wardrop K.J. Schalm O.W. Schalm's veterinary hematology. 6th edition. Wiley-Blackwell, Ames (IA)2010: 335-343
- Guinea pig. Exotic small mammal care and husbandry.Wiley-Blackwell, Ames (IA)2010: 115-124
- The Kurloff cell. Its differentiation in the blood and lymphatic system.Cell Tissue Res. 1976; 173: 237-259
- Antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity in the guinea pig: the role of the Kurloff cell.Cell Immunol. 1980; 55: 312-327
- New data on the cytolytic effects of natural killer cells (Kurloff cells) on a leukemic cell line (guinea pig L2C).Leuk Res. 1999; 23: 137-147
- Studies on the function of the Kurloff cell.Int Arch Allergy Appl Immunol. 1971; 40: 137-152
- Normal values in blood of laboratory, furbearing and miscellaneous zoo, domestic and wild animals.in: Jain N.C. Schalm’s veterinary hematology. Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia1986: 274-343
This article originally appeared in Veterinary Clinics of North America: Exotic Animal Practice, Volume 18, Issue 1, January 2015.