To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- American Pet Products Association. 2013–2014 National Pet Owners Survey.American Pet Products Manufacturers Association, Greenwich (CT)2014
- American Veterinary Medical Association. 2012 U.S. pet ownership & demographic sourcebook.AVMA, Schaumberg (IL)2012
- Hematology of laboratory animals.in: Weiss D.J. Wardrop K.J. Schalm's veterinary hematology. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia2010: 852-862
- Clinical biochemistry and hematology.in: Suckow M.A. Stevens K.A. Wilson R.P. The laboratory rabbit, guinea pig, hamster, and other rodents. 1st edition. Academic Press, London2012: 57-116
- Zoonoses of rabbits and rodents.Vet Clin North Am Exot Anim Pract. 2011; 14 (vii): 519-531
- Zoonoses of house pets other than dogs, cats and birds.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 1992; 11: 479-487
- American Biological Safety Association. Zoonotic diseases fact sheet.ABSA, Mundelein (IL)2012
- Occupational health and safety in the care and use of research animals.National Academic Press, Washington, DC1997
- Hematology of the Mongolian gerbil.in: Weiss D.J. Wardrop K.J. Schalm’s veterinary hematology. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia2010: 899-903
- Hematology of the Syrian (golden) hamster.in: Weiss D.J. Wardrop K.J. Schalm’s veterinary hematology. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia2010: 904-909
- Blood collection techniques in small mammals.J Exotic Pet Medicine. 2009; 18: 117-139
- Clinical laboratory animal medicine: an introduction.4th edition. Wiley Blackwell, Ames (IA)2013
- An overview of restraint and blood collection techniques in exotic pet practice.Vet Clin North Am Exot Anim Pract. 2008; 11: 423-443
- Restraint and handling of wild and domestic animals.3rd edition. Wiley-Blackwell, Ames (IA)2008
- Anesthesia of exotic pets.Saunders Elsevier, Philadelphia2008
- Manual restraint and common compound administration routes in mice and rats.J Vis Exp. 2012; : e2771https://doi.org/10.3791/2771
- The biology and medicine of rabbits and rodents.4th edition. Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore (MD)1995
- Gerbils.in: Suckow M.A. Stevens K.A. Wilson R.P. The laboratory rabbit, guinea pig, hamster, and other rodents. 1st edition. Academic Press, London2012: 1131-1155
- The European hamster.in: Suckow M.A. Stevens K.A. Wilson R.P. The laboratory rabbit, guinea pig, hamster, and other rodents. 1st edition. Academic Press, London2012: 923-933
- Formulary for laboratory animals.3rd edition. Wiley-Blackwell, Ames (IA)2005
- Blood collection from the tail of a rat.Lab Anim (NY). 2006; 35: 24-25
- Saphenous vein puncture for blood sampling of the mouse, rat, hamster, gerbil, guinea pig, ferret and mink.Lab Anim. 1998; 32: 364-368
- A rapid, simple, and humane method for submandibular bleeding of mice using a lancet.Lab Anim (NY). 2005; 34: 39-43
- Clinical biochemical and hematological reference values in normal experimental animals.Masson Publishing, New York1977: 82-83
- Baseline hematological and blood biochemical parameters of the Mongolian gerbil (Meriones unguiculatus).Lab Anim Care. 1969; 19: 838-842
- Normal values for hemoglobin concentration and cellular elements in the blood of Mongolian gerbils.Lab Anim Care. 1965; 15: 313-320
- Manual of exotic pet practice.Saunders Elsevier, St Louis (MO)2009: 414
- Hematology of the Syrian (golden) hamster (Mesocricetus auratus).in: Feldman B.F. Zinkl J.G. Jain N.C. Schalm’s veterinary hematology. 5th edition. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia2000: 1115-1119
- Hematology of the Mongolian gerbil (Meriones unguiculatus).in: Feldman B.F. Zinkl J.G. Jain N.C. Schalm’s veterinary hematology. 5th edition. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia2000: 1111-1114
- The blood morphology of laboratory animals.3rd edition. FA Davis, Philadelphia1967
- Evaluation of the neutrophil-lymphocyte ratio as a measure of distress in rats.Lab Anim (NY). 2014; 43: 276-282
This article originally appeared in Veterinary Clinics of North America: Exotic Animal Practice, Volume 18, Issue 1, January 2015.
© 2015 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.