To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- 2012 U.S. pet ownership & demographic sourcebook.AVMA, Schaumberg (IL)2012
- Blood collection techniques in exotic small mammals.J EXOT PET MED. 2009; 18: 117-139
- Clinical laboratory animal medicine: an introduction.4th edition. Wiley Blackwell, Ames (IA)2013: 298-307
- Housing and management.in: Fox J.G. Biology and diseases of the ferret. 2nd edition. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore (MD)1998: 179-180
- Restraint and handling for veterinary technicians and assistants.Delmar, Clifton Park (NY)2009: 70-72
- A compendium of drugs used for laboratory animal anesthesia, analgesia, tranquilization and restraint.Drexel University IACUC, Philadelphia2007
- Anesthesia, surgery, and biomethodology.in: Fox J.G. Biology and diseases of the ferret. 2nd edition. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore1998: 464-472
- Clinical pathology and sample collection of exotic small mammals.Vet Clin North Am Exot Anim Pract. 1999; 2: 591-620
- Effect of isoflurane on hematologic variables in ferrets.Am J Vet Res. 1994; 55: 1479-1483
- Distribution of technetium 99m-labeled red blood cells during isoflurane anesthesia in ferrets.Am J Vet Res. 1997; 58: 781-785
- Simple technique for bleeding ferrets (Mustela putorius furo).Lab Anim. 1980; 14: 59-60
- Clinical techniques in domestic ferrets.Seminar Avian Exotic Pet Med. 1997; 6: 75-85
- Application of the cranial vena cava venipuncture technique to small exotic mammals.Exot DVM. 2006; (Zoological Education Network): 8.3
- An overview of restraint and blood collection techniques in exotic pet practice.Vet Clin North Am Exot Anim Pract. 2008; 11: 423-443
- Practical venipuncture techniques for the ferret.Lab Anim. 1993; 27: 26-29
- Blood collection from the cranial vena cava of the ferret.Lab Anim (NY). 2006; 35: 23-24
- Biology and medicine of the ferret.Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 1987; 17: 1155-1183
- Diseases of the endocrine system.in: Fox J.G. Biology and diseases of the ferret. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore (MD)1998: 291-305
- The ferret Mustela putorius furo, as a new species in toxicology.Lab Anim. 1979; 13: 119-124
- Hematology of the ferret.in: Weiss D.J. Wardrop K.J. Schalm’s veterinary hematology. Wiley-Blackwell, Ames (IA)2010: 904-909
- Hematological values for the Siberian ferret.J Zoo Anim Med. 1979; 10: 126-128
- Serum chemistry and hematology reference values in the ferret.Lab Anim Sci. 1986; 36: 22-28
- Changes in physiologic and clinicopathologic values in domestic ferrets from 12–47 weeks of age.Companion Anim Pract. 1988; 2: 40-44
- Haematological and serum chemistry profiles of ferrets (Mustela putorius furo).Lab Anim. 1982; 16: 133-137
- Reference values for organ weight, hematology and serum chemistry in the female ferret (Mustela putorius furo).Jikken Dobutsu. 1993; 42: 135-142
- Hematological and clinical biochemical parameters in ferrets under various physiological and pathological conditions. 1. Comparative studies of changes in the hemograms of pregnant, lactating and non-pregnant females.Z Versuchstierkd. 1981; 23: 244-254
- Biology and diseases of the ferret.in: Fox J.G. Anderson L. Lowe F. Laboratory animal medicine. Academic Press, London2002: 483-517
- Ferrets rabbits, and rodents: clinical medicine and surgery.WB Saunders, Philadelphia1997: 432
- Ferret hematology and related disorders.Vet Clin North Am Exot Anim Pract. 2008; 11: 535-550
- Normal parameters and laboratory interpretation of disease states in the domestic ferret.Semin Avian Exotic Pet Med. 1994; 3: 40-47
This article originally appeared in Veterinary Clinics of North America: Exotic Animal Practice, Volume 18, Issue 1, January 2015.
© 2015 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.