Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
- Mechanisms of mammalian iron homeostasis.Biochemistry. 2012; 51: 5705-5724
- Mammalian iron homeostasis in health and disease: uptake, storage, transport, and molecular mechanisms of action.Antioxid Redox Signal. 2013; 18: 2473-2507
- Iron metabolism and its disorders.in: Kaneko J.J. Harvey J.W. Bruss M.L. Clinical biochemistry of domestic animals. 6th edition. Elsevier, Inc, Burlington (MA)2008: 259-285
- Intestinal DMT1 cotransporter is down-regulated by hepcidin via proteasome internalization and degradation.Gastroenterology. 2011; 140: 1261-1271
- Role of hepcidin in iron metabolism and potential clinical applications.Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 2012; 42: 85-96
- The hepcidin-ferroportin system as a therapeutic target in anemias and iron overload disorders.Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program. 2011; 2011: 538-542
- Erythrocyte and reticulocyte indices in the assessment of erythropoiesis activity and iron availability.Int J Lab Hematol. 2013; 35: 144-149
- Reticulocyte hemoglobin content.Am J Hematol. 2008; 83: 307-310
- Reticulocyte indices in a canine model of nutritional iron deficiency.Vet Clin Pathol. 2006; 35: 172-181
- Hematologic and biochemical abnormalities indicating iron deficiency are associated with decreased reticulocyte hemoglobin content (CHr) and reticulocyte volume (rMCV) in dogs.Vet Clin Pathol. 2005; 34: 23-27
- Stability and reproducibility of ADVIA 120-measured red blood cell and platelet parameters in dogs, cats, and horses, and the use of reticulocyte haemoglobin content (CH(R)) in the diagnosis of iron deficiency.Tijdschr Diergeneeskd. 2009; 134: 272-278
- Iron deficiency anemia.Can Vet J. 2012; 53: 250-256
- Dorland’s illustrated medical dictionary. 27th edition. W.B. Saunders Co, Philadelphia1988: 747-751
- Hemochromatosis secondary to repeated blood transfusions in a dog.Vet Pathol. 2003; 40: 334-337
- Erythrocytic pyruvate kinase mutations causing hemolytic anemia, osteosclerosis, and secondary hemochromatosis in dogs.J Vet Intern Med. 2012; 26: 935-944
- Long-term survival and reversal of iron overload after marrow transplantation in dogs with congenital hemolytic anemia.Blood. 1981; 57: 66-70
- Severe canine hereditary hemolytic anemia treated by nonmyeloablative marrow transplantation.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2001; 7: 14-24
- Anemia, splenomegaly, and increased osmotic fragility of erythrocytes in Abyssinian and Somali cats.J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2000; 217: 1483-1491
- Feasibility and accuracy of dual-source dual-energy CT for noninvasive determination of hepatic iron accumulation.Radiology. 2012; 262: 126-135
- Iron overload in hematopoietic cell transplantation.Bone Marrow Transplant. 2008; 41: 997-1003
- Screening for hemochromatosis by measuring ferritin levels: a more effective approach.Blood. 2008; 111: 3373-3376
- Revaluating serum ferritin as a marker of body iron stores in the traceability era.Clin Chem Lab Med. 2012; 50: 1911-1916
- Iatrogenic copper deficiency associated with long-term copper chelation for treatment of copper storage disease in a Bedlington terrier.J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2001; 218: 1593-1597
- Investigations on copper deficiency in growing dogs.J Nutr. 1991; 121: S83-S84
This article originally appeared in Veterinary Clinics of North America: Small Animal Practice, Volume 43, Issue 6, November 2013.
Disclosures: The author has nothing to disclose.