Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
- Cardiac troponin I is associated with severity of myxomatous mitral valve disease, age, and C-reactive protein in dogs.J Vet Intern Med. 2010; 24: 153-159
- The combined prognostic potential of serum high-sensitivity cardiac troponin I and N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide concentrations in dogs with degenerative mitral valve disease.J Vet Intern Med. 2012; 26: 302-311
- Prognostic value of cardiac troponin in chronic stable heart failure: a systematic review.Heart. 2012; 98: 1778-1786
- Evaluation of serum cardiac troponin I concentration in dogs with renal failure.J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2009; 234: 767-770
- Cardiac troponin-I concentration in dogs with cardiac disease.J Vet Intern Med. 2004; 18: 831-839
- Prospective clinical evaluation of an ELISA B-type natriuretic peptide assay in the diagnosis of congestive heart failure in dogs presenting with cough or dyspnea.J Vet Intern Med. 2007; 21: 243-250
- Clinical utility of serum N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide concentration for identifying cardiac disease in dogs and assessing disease severity.J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2008; 232: 1496-1503
- Circulating natriuretic peptides in cats with heart disease.J Vet Intern Med. 2008; 22: 96-105
- Circulating natriuretic peptide concentrations in hyperthyroid cats.J Small Anim Pract. 2012; 53: 673-678
- NT-proBNP, NT-proANP and cTnI concentrations in dogs with pre-capillary pulmonary hypertension.J Vet Cardiol. 2011; 13: 171-182
- Distinguishing cardiac and noncardiac dyspnea in 48 dogs using plasma atrial natriuretic factor, B-type natriuretic factor, endothelin, and cardiac troponin-I.J Vet Intern Med. 2007; 21: 238-242
- Assessment of serum N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide concentration for differentiation of congestive heart failure from primary respiratory tract disease as the cause of respiratory signs in dogs.J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2009; 235: 1319-1325
- Assessment of the diagnostic accuracy of circulating natriuretic peptide concentrations to distinguish between cats with cardiac and non-cardiac causes of respiratory distress.J Vet Cardiol. 2009; 11: S41-S50
- Utility of plasma N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) to distinguish between congestive heart failure and non-cardiac causes of acute dyspnea in cats.J Vet Cardiol. 2009; 11: S51-S61
- Effect of NT-pro-BNP assay on accuracy and confidence of general practitioners in diagnosing heart failure or respiratory disease in cats with respiratory signs.J Vet Intern Med. 2012; 26: 542-546
- Dilated cardiomyopathy: an update.Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 2004; 34: 1187-1207
- Comparative echocardiographic and clinical features of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in 5 breeds of cats: a retrospective analysis of 344 cases (2001-2011).J Vet Intern Med. 2012; 26: 532-541
- Evaluation of N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide as a diagnostic marker of various stages of cardiomyopathy in Doberman pinschers.Am J Vet Res. 2011; 72: 642-649
- Prospective evaluation of NT-proBNP assay to detect occult dilated cardiomyopathy and predict survival in Doberman pinschers.J Vet Intern Med. 2012; 26: 1330-1336
- Prospective screening for occult cardiomyopathy in dogs by measurement of plasma atrial natriuretic peptide, B-type natriuretic peptide, and cardiac troponin-I concentrations.Am J Vet Res. 2007; 68: 42-47
- Multicenter evaluation of plasma N-terminal probrain natriuretic peptide (NT-pro BNP) as a biochemical screening test for asymptomatic (occult) cardiomyopathy in cats.J Vet Intern Med. 2011; 25: 1010-1016
- Utility of measuring plasma N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide in detecting hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and differentiating grades of severity in cats.Vet Clin Pathol. 2011; 40: 237-244
- The diagnostic significance of the plasma N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide concentration in asymptomatic cats with cardiac enlargement.J Vet Med Sci. 2011; 73: 971-975
- Association of plasma N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide concentration with mitral regurgitation severity and outcome in dogs with asymptomatic degenerative mitral valve disease.J Vet Intern Med. 2009; 23: 984-994
- Prediction of first onset of congestive heart failure in dogs with degenerative mitral valve disease: the PREDICT cohort study.J Vet Cardiol. 2012; 14: 193-202
- N-terminal pro B-type natriuretic peptide and left ventricular diameter independently predict mortality in dogs with mitral valve disease.J Small Anim Pract. 2010; 51: 84-96
- NT-pro-BNP and troponin I as predictors of mortality in dogs with heart failure.Pol J Vet Sci. 2011; 14: 551-556
- Sleeping respiratory rates in apparently healthy adult dogs.Res Vet Sci. 2012; 93: 965-969
- Detection of congestive heart failure in dogs by Doppler echocardiography.J Vet Intern Med. 2010; 24: 1358-1368
- B-type natriuretic peptide-guided heart failure therapy: a meta-analysis.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 507-514
- Biomarker-guided therapy in chronic heart failure: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.Am Heart J. 2009; 158: 422-430
- Lowered N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide levels in response to treatment predict survival in dogs with symptomatic mitral valve disease.J Vet Cardiol. 2012; 14: 399-408
- Cardiac troponin I in feline hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.J Vet Intern Med. 2002; 16: 558-564
- Cardiac troponin I in cats with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.J Feline Med Surg. 2003; 5: 209-216
- Assessment of plasma cardiac troponin I concentration as a means to differentiate cardiac and noncardiac causes of dyspnea in cats.J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2008; 233: 1261-1264
- Relationship between glomerular filtration rate and plasma N-terminal pro B-type natriuretic peptide concentrations in dogs with chronic kidney disease.Vet J. 2013; (in press)
- Plasma concentrations of natriuretic peptides in normal cats and normotensive and hypertensive cats with chronic kidney disease.J Vet Cardiol. 2009; 11: S71-S79
- Evaluation of circulating amino-terminal-pro-B-type natriuretic peptide concentration in dogs with respiratory distress attributable to congestive heart failure or primary pulmonary disease.J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2008; 232: 1674-1679
This article originally appeared in Veterinary Clinics of North America: Small Animal Practice, Volume 43, Issue 6, November 2013.
Disclosures: The author consults for and has received funding for clinical trials from IDEXX Laboratories, Westbrook, ME.