Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
- Venous thromboembolism management: where do novel anticoagulants fit?.Curr Med Res Opin. 2013; 29: 783-790
- A conceptual framework for two phases of anticoagulant treatment of venous thromboembolism.J Thromb Haemost. 2012; 10: 507-511
- Predictors of recurrence after deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism: a population-based cohort study.Arch Intern Med. 2000; 160: 761-768
- Natural history of venous thromboembolism.Circulation. 2003; 107: I-22-I-30
- Antithrombotic therapy for venous thromboembolic disease. ACCP Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines (8th Edition).Chest. 2008; 133: 454S-545S
- Comparison of 1 month with 3 months of anticoagulation for a first episode of venous thromboembolism associated with a transient risk factor.J Thromb Haemost. 2004; 2: 743-749
- Comparison of long versus short duration of anticoagulant therapy after a first episode of venous thromboembolism: a meta-analysis of randomized, controlled trials.J Intern Med. 2000; 247: 553-562
- Antithrombotic therapy for VTE disease: antithrombotic therapy and prevention of thrombosis, 9th ed: ACCP Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines.Chest. 2012; 141: e419S-e494S
- Recurrent venous thromboembolism after deep vein thrombosis: incidence and risk factors.Arch Intern Med. 2000; 160: 769-774
- Investigators of the (DOTAVK) Study. Comparison of 3 and 6 months of oral anticoagulant therapy after a first episode of proximal deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolism and comparison of 6 and 12 weeks of therapy after isolated calf deep vein thrombosis.Circulation. 2001; 103: 2453-2460
- Duration of Anticoagulation Trial Study Group. A comparison of six weeks with six months of oral anticoagulant therapy after a first episode of venous thromboembolism.N Engl J Med. 1995; 332: 1661-1665
- Influence of preceding duration of anticoagulant treatment and initial presentation of venous thromboembolism on risk of recurrence after stopping therapy: analysis of individual participants’ data from seven trials.BMJ. 2011; 342: d3036
- Randomized comparison of low-molecular-weight heparin versus oral anticoagulant therapy for the prevention of recurrent venous thromboembolism in patients with cancer.N Engl J Med. 2003; 349: 146-153
- THRIVE III Investigators. Secondary prevention of venous thromboembolism with the oral direct thrombin inhibitor ximelagatran.N Engl J Med. 2003; 349: 1713-1721
- Anticoagulants in the treatment of deep vein thrombosis.Am J Med. 2005; 118: 13S-20S
- Initial management of deep venous thrombosis in the outpatient setting.Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2008; 65: 866-874
- Outcomes analyses of the outpatient treatment of venous thromboembolic disease using the low-molecular weight heparin enoxaparin in a managed care organization.J Manag Care Pharm. 2000; 6: 298-306
- Derivation and validation of a prognostic model for pulmonary embolism.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2005; 172: 1041-1046
- Simplification of the pulmonary embolism severity index for prognostication in patients with acute symptomatic pulmonary embolism.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 1383-1389
- Predicting adverse outcome in patients with acute pulmonary embolism: a risk score.Thromb Haemost. 2000; 84: 548-552
- The task force for the diagnosis and management of acute pulmonary embolism of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Guidelines on the diagnosis and management of acute pulmonary embolism.Eur Heart J. 2008; 29: 2276-2315
- Comparison of two prognostic models for acute pulmonary embolism: clinical vs. right ventricular dysfunction-guided approach.J Thromb Haemost. 2011; 9: 1916-1923
- A strategy combining imaging and laboratory biomarkers in comparison with a simplified clinical score for risk stratification of patients with acute pulmonary embolism.Chest. 2012; 141: 916-922
- Out of hospital treatment of acute pulmonary embolism in patients with a low NT-proBNP level.J Thromb Haemost. 2010; 8: 1235-1241
- LR-PED rule: low risk pulmonary embolism decision rule: a new decision score for low risk pulmonary embolism.Thromb Res. 2012; 130: 327-333
- Outpatient versus inpatient treatment for patients with acute pulmonary embolism: an international, open-label, randomized, non-inferiority trial.Lancet. 2011; 378: 41-48
- The uncertain role of thrombolytic therapy in the treatment of pulmonary embolism.Arch Intern Med. 2002; 162: 2521
- Pulmonary thromboendarterectomy: a clinicopathologic study of 200 consecutive pulmonary thromboendarterectomy cases in one institution.Hum Pathol. 2007; 38: 871-877
- Dabigatran versus warfarin in the treatment of acute venous thromboembolism.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 2342-2352
- Edoxaban versus warfarin for the treatment of symptomatic venous thromboembolism.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 1406-1415
- Oral apixaban for the treatment of acute venous thromboembolism.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 799-808
- Oral rivaroxaban for symptomatic venous thromboembolism.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 2499-2510
- The long-term clinical course of acute deep venous thrombosis.Ann Intern Med. 1996; 125: 1-7
- Low-dose aspirin for preventing recurrent venous thromboembolism.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 1979-1987
- Aspirin for preventing the recurrence of venous thromboembolism.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 1959-1967
- Long-term, low-intensity warfarin therapy for the prevention of recurrent venous thromboembolism.N Engl J Med. 2003; 348: 1425-1434
- Comparison of low-intensity warfarin therapy with conventional-intensity warfarin therapy for long-term prevention of recurrent venous thromboembolism.N Engl J Med. 2003; 349: 631-639
- Management of venous thromboembolism in patients with advanced cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Lancet Oncol. 2008; 9: 577
- Long-term low-molecular-weight heparin versus usual care in proximal-vein thrombosis patients with cancer.Am J Med. 2006; 119: 1062-1072
- Update in the treatment of venous thromboembolism.Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 2008; 29: 40-46
- Dabigatran or warfarin for extended maintenance therapy of venous thromboembolism [abstract O-TH-033]. ISTH 2011.J Thromb Haemost. 2011; 9: 731
- Dabigatran versus placebo for extended maintenance therapy of venous thromboembolism [abstract 037]. ISTH 2011.J Thromb Haemost. 2011; 9: 731
- Oral rivaroxaban after symptomatic venous thromboembolism: the continued treatment study (EINSTEIN-extension study).Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther. 2011; 9: 841-844
- Apixaban for extended treatment of venous thromboembolism.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 699-708
- Outpatient-based treatment protocols in the management of venous thromboembolic disease.Am J Manag Care. 2000; 6: S1034-S1044
Pradaxa (Dabigatran) [Package Insert]. Ridgefield, CT: Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals; 2012.
Xarelto (Rivaroxaban) [Package Insert]. Titusville, NJ: Janssen Pharmaceuticals; 2011.
Eliquis (Apixaban) [Prescribing Information]. Princeton, NJ: Bristol-Myers Squibb Company; 2012.
- Clinical safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the novel factor Xa inhibitor edoxaban in healthy volunteers.J Clin Pharmacol. 2010; 50: 743-753
- Oral rivaroxaban for the treatment of symptomatic pulmonary embolism.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 1287-1297
Schulman S, Kakkar AK, Schellong SM, et al. A randomized trial of dabigatran versus warfarin in the treatment of acute venous thromboembolism (RE-COVER II) [abstract 205]. American Society of Hematology 2011 Annual Meeting. San Diego. 2011.
Disclosure: Dr A. Al-Badri has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose; Dr A.C. Spyropoulos is a consultant for Daiichi-Sankyo, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Janssen, Bayer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Pfizer and Sanofi.