Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
- Status of the epidemiology of atrial fibrillation.Med Clin North Am. 2008; 92 (ix): 17-40
- Prevalence of clinical venous thromboembolism in the USA: current trends and future projections.Am J Hematol. 2011; 86: 217-220
- Managing new oral anticoagulants in the perioperative and intensive care unit setting.Anesthesiology. 2013; 118: 1466-1474
- Dabigatran prescribing information. Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Ridgefield (CT)2013
- Dabigatran product monograph. Boehringer Ingelheim Canada Ltd, Burlington (Canada)2012
- Dabigatran summary of product characteristics. Boehringer Ingelheim Limited, Bracknell (United Kingdom)2012
- Dabigatran prescribing information. Boehringer Ingelheim Pty Limited, North Ryde (Australia)2013
Boehringer Ingelheim pharmaceuticals I. PRAZAXA® (dabigatran etexilate) approved in Japan for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation 2011. Available at: https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/news/news_releases/press_releases/2011/21_january_2011_dabigatranetexilate.html. Accessed July 4, 2014.
- Apixaban summary of product characteristics. Bristol-Myers Squibb/Pfizer EEIG, Uxbridge (United Kingdom)2011
- Apixaban prescribing information. Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Princeton (NJ)2012
- Apixaban product monograph. Pfizer Canada Inc, Kirkland (Canada)2012
- Rivaroxaban prescribing information. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Titusville (NJ)2013
- Rivaroxaban product monograph. Bayer Inc, Toronto (Canada)2013
- Rivaroxaban summary of product characteristics. Bayer Pharma AG, Berlin (Germany)2013
- Edoxaban package insert. Daiichi Sankyo Company Ltd, Tokyo (Japan)2011
Available at: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Accessed September 30, 2013.
- Systematic review and adjusted indirect comparison meta-analysis of oral anticoagulants in atrial fibrillation.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2012; 5: 711-719
- Efficacy and safety of the novel oral anticoagulants in atrial fibrillation: a systematic review and meta-analysis of the literature.Circulation. 2012; 126: 2381-2391
- Dabigatran versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 1139-1151
- Apixaban versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 981-992
- Efficacy and safety of apixaban compared with warfarin according to patient risk of stroke and of bleeding in atrial fibrillation: a secondary analysis of a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2012; 380: 1749-1758
- Rivaroxaban versus warfarin in nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 883-891
- Apixaban versus enoxaparin for thromboprophylaxis after hip replacement.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 2487-2498
- Definition of major bleeding in clinical investigations of antihemostatic medicinal products in non-surgical patients.J Thromb Haemost. 2005; 3: 692-694
US Food and Drug Administration approves Kcentra for the urgent reversal of anticoagulation in adults with major bleeding. 2013 Available at: http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/Pressannouncements/ucm350026.htm. Accessed November 5, 2013.
US Food and Drug Administration. Coumadin official FDA information, side effects and uses. 2011. Available at: http://www.drugs.com/pro/coumadin.html. Accessed September 30, 2013.
- Pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic properties of enoxaparin: implications for clinical practice.Clin Pharm. 2003; 42: 1043-1057
sanofi-aventis. Enoxaparin—Highlights of prescribing information. 2008. Available at: http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2009/020164s083lbl.pdf. Accessed November 5, 2013.
- New anticoagulants.Circulation. 2010; 121: 1523-1532
- Protamine reversal of low molecular weight heparin: clinically effective?.Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2011; 22: 565-570
- New oral anticoagulants increase risk for gastrointestinal bleeding: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Gastroenterology. 2013; 145 (e15): 105-112
- The efficacy and safety of oral anticoagulants in warfarin-suitable patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation: systematic review and meta-analysis.Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2013; 19: 619-631
- Bleeding risk with dabigatran in the frail elderly.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 864-866
- Comparative effectiveness of warfarin and new oral anticoagulants for the management of atrial fibrillation and venous thromboembolism: a systematic review.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 157: 796-807
- Dabigatran and postmarketing reports of bleeding.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 1272-1274
US Food and Drug Administration. Pradaxa (dabigatran etexilate mesylate): drug safety communication—safety review of post-market reports of serious bleeding events. 2012. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/safety/medwatch/safetyinformation/safetyalertsforhumanmedicalproducts/ucm282820.htm. Accessed August 30, 2013.
- Oral rivaroxaban for the treatment of symptomatic pulmonary embolism.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 1287-1297
- Apixaban or enoxaparin for thromboprophylaxis after knee replacement.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 594-604
- Dabigatran versus warfarin in the treatment of acute venous thromboembolism.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 2342-2352
- Apixaban versus enoxaparin for thromboprophylaxis after knee replacement (ADVANCE-2): a randomised double-blind trial.Lancet. 2010; 375: 807-815
- Oral rivaroxaban for symptomatic venous thromboembolism.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 2499-2510
- Novel oral anticoagulants in atrial fibrillation: a meta-analysis of large, randomized, controlled trials vs warfarin.Clin Cardiol. 2013; 36: 61-67
- Comparative effectiveness of novel oral anticoagulants for atrial fibrillation: evidence from pair-wise and warfarin-controlled network meta-analyses.HSR Proc Intensive Care Cardiovasc Anesth. 2013; 5: 40-54
- Nonvitamin-K-antagonist oral anticoagulants in patients with atrial fibrillation and previous stroke or transient ischemic attack: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.Stroke. 2012; 43: 3298-3304
- Management and outcomes of major bleeding during treatment with dabigatran or warfarin.Circulation. 2013; 128: 2325-2332
- Oral direct factor Xa inhibitors versus low-molecular-weight heparin to prevent venous thromboembolism in patients undergoing total hip or knee replacement: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 156: 710-719
- Comparative effectiveness of new oral anticoagulants and standard thromboprophylaxis in patients having total hip or knee replacement: a systematic review.Ann Intern Med. 2013; 159: 275-284
Sobieraj DM, Coleman CI, Tongbram V, et al, editors. Venous thromboembolism prophylaxis in orthopedic surgery. Rockville (MD): Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US); 2012. Mar. Report No.: 12-EHC020-EF.
- Parenteral anticoagulants: antithrombotic therapy and prevention of thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.Chest. 2012; 141: e24S-e43S
- Bleeding in patients using new anticoagulants or antiplatelet agents: risk factors and management.Neth J Med. 2010; 68: 68-76
- Questions and answers on the use of dabigatran and perspectives on the use of other new oral anticoagulants in patients with atrial fibrillation. A consensus document of the Italian Federation of Thrombosis Centers (FCSA).Thromb Haemost. 2011; 106: 868-876
- Management consensus guidance for the use of rivaroxaban—an oral, direct factor Xa inhibitor.Thromb Haemost. 2012; 108: 876-886
- EHRA practical guide on the use of new oral anticoagulants in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation: executive summary.Eur Heart J. 2013; 34: 2094-2106
- Clinical review: clinical management of new oral anticoagulants: a structured review with emphasis on the reversal of bleeding complications.Crit Care. 2013; 17: 230
- Perioperative management of patients on chronic antithrombotic therapy.Blood. 2012; 120: 4699-4705
US Food and Drug Administration. Safety announcement—Updated recommendations to decrease risk of spinal column bleeding and paralysis in patients on low molecular weight heparins. 2013. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/DrugSafety/UCM373735.pdf. Accessed November 5, 2013.
- Dabigatran etexilate for stroke prevention in patients with atrial fibrillation: resolving uncertainties in routine practice.Thromb Haemost. 2012; 107: 838-847
- Comparison of the non-specific binding of unfractionated heparin and low molecular weight heparin (Enoxaparin) to plasma proteins.Thromb Haemost. 1993; 70: 625-630
Conflict of Interest Statements: Prof. J.H. Levy serves on steering committees for Boehringer Ingelheim, CSL Behring AG, Grifols, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, and The Medicines Company.
Editorial assistance was provided by Fishawack Communications Ltd, with a grant from CSL Behring, Marburg, Germany.