To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults. Final Report.Circulation. 2002; 106: 3143-3421
- Cholesterol biosynthesis.in: Vance D.E. Vance J.E. Biochemistry of lipids, lipoproteins and membranes. 4th edition. Elsevier, Amsterdam2002: 409-431
- Correlation between serum levels of some cholesterol precursors and activity of HMG-CoA reducatase in human liver.J Lipid Res. 1987; 27: 1137-1143
- New concepts of mechanisms of intestinal cholesterol absorption.Ann Hepatol. 2003; 2: 113-121
- Mutations in ATP-cassette binding protein G5 (ABCG5) and G8 (ABCG8) causing sitosterolemia.Hum Mutat. 2001; 18: 359-360
- Plant sterols and stanols in the treatment of dysplipidemia: new insights into targets and mechanisms related to cardiovascular risk.Curr Pharm Des. 2011; 17: 922-932
- Ezetimibe: a selective inhibitor of cholesterol absorption.Eur Heart J. 2001; 3: E6-E10
- Cholesterol biosynthesis and homeostatsis in regulation of the cell cycle.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e58833https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0059933
- The molecular mechanisms underlying the reduction of LDL apoB-100 by ezetimibe plus simvastatin.J Lipid Res. 2007; 48: 699-708
- Deuterium uptake and plasma cholesterol precursor levels correspond as methods for measurement of endogenous cholesterol synthesis in hypercholesterolemic women.Lipids. 2000; 35: 1037-1044
Wu AH, Ruan W, Todd J, et al. Biological variation of β-sitosterol, campesterol, and lathosterol as cholesterol absorption and synthesis biomarkers. Clin Chim Acta, in press.
- Sex-specific differences in the predictive value of cholesterol homeostatic markers and 10-year cardiovascular disease event rate in Framingham Offspring Study participants.J Am Heart Assoc. 2013; 2: e005066https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA. 112.005066
- Alterations in cholesterol absorption/synthesis markers characterize Framingham Offspring Study participants with CHD.J Lipid Res. 2009; 50: 1927-1935
- Cholesterol absorption and synthesis markers in individuals with and without a CHD event during pravastatin therapy: insights from the PROSPER Trial.J Lipid Res. 2010; 51: 202-209
- Familial combined hyperlipidemia is associated with alterations in the cholesterol synthesis pathway.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010; 30: 113-120
- Sitosterolemia.J Lipid Res. 1992; 33: 945-955
- Independent association of serum squalene and noncholesterol sterols with coronary artery disease in postmenopausal women.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2000; 35: 1185-1191
- Inhibition of intestinal cholesterol absorption by ezetimibe humans.Circulation. 2002; 106: 1943-1948
- Plasma levels of plant steros and the risk of coronary artery disease: the prospective EPIC-Norfolk Population Study.J Lipid Res. 2007; 48: 139-144
- Plant sterol levels are not associated with atherosclerosis in mice and men.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2004; 24: 1-7
- The efficacy and safety of intensive statin therapy: a meta-analysis of randomized trials.CMAJ. 2008; 178: 576-584
- Influence of pravastatin, a specific inhibitor of HMG-CoA reductase, on hepatic metabolism of cholesterol.N Engl J Med. 1990; 323: 224-228
- Cholesterol metabolism differs after statin therapy according to the type of hyperlipidemia.Life Sci. 2012; 90: 846-850
- Comparison of the effects of maximal dose atorvastatin and rosuvastatin therapy on cholesterol synthesis and absorption markers.J Lipid Res. 2009; 50: 730-739
- Atorvastatin increases intestinal expression of NPC1L1 in hyperlipidemic men.J Lipid Res. 2011; 52: 558-565
- Long-term efficacy and safety of ezetimibe 10 mg in patients with homozygous sitosterolemia: a 2-year, open lapel extension study.Int J Clin Pract. 2008; 62: 1499-1510
- Ezetimibe effectively reduces plasma plant sterols in patients with sitosterolemia.Circulation. 2004; 108: 966-971
- Effects of ezetimibe added to statin therapy on markers of cholesterol absorption and synthesis and LDL-C lowering in hyperlipidemic patients.Atherosclerosis. 2012; 225: 388-396
- Efficacy of ezetimibe as monotherapy or combination therapy in hyperchoelsterolemic patients with and without diabetes.J Med Invest. 2011; 58: 86-94
© 2014 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.