To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Origin of familial malignant melanomas from heritable melanocytic lesions. ‘The B-K mole syndrome’.Arch Dermatol. 1978; 114: 732-738
- What naevus is dysplastic, a syndrome and the commonest precursor of malignant melanoma? A riddle and an answer.Histopathology. 1988; 13: 241-256
- What to call the LEJC-BFV nevus?.J Cutan Pathol. 2004; 31: 521-522
- Naming acquired melanocytic nevi. Unna's, Miescher's, Spitz's Clark's.Am J Dermatopathol. 1990; 12: 193-209
- Diagnosis and treatment of early melanoma.JAMA. 1992; 268: 1314-1319
- Variability in nomenclature used for nevi with architectural disorder and cytologic atypia (microscopically dysplastic nevi) by dermatologists and dermatopathologists.J Cutan Pathol. 2004; 31: 523-530
- Management of dysplastic nevi: a survey of fellows of the American Academy of Dermatology.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2002; 46: 674-682
- Meta-analysis of risk factors for cutaneous melanoma: I. Common and atypical naevi.Eur J Cancer. 2005; 41: 28-44
- Dysplastic nevi as a melanoma risk factor in patients with familial melanoma.Cancer. 1994; 74: 3118-3125
- Dysplastic nevi as risk markers of sporadic (nonfamilial) melanoma. A case-control study.Arch Dermatol. 1991; 127: 995-999
- Familial atypical multiple mole-melanoma syndrome.J Med Genet. 1978; 15: 352-356
- A medical and genetic critique of the familial atypical multiple mole melanoma syndrome and the dysplastic nevus syndrome.Am J Dermatopathol. 1985; 7: S107-S116
- Familial atypical multiple mole melanoma (FAMMM) syndrome: genetic heterogeneity and malignant melanoma.Br J Cancer. 1980; 42: 58-70
- The cutaneous evolution of nevi in a patient with familial, atypical, multiple-mole melanoma syndrome.Pediatr Dermatol. 1985; 2: 289-293
- Dysplastic naevi and cutaneous melanoma risk.Lancet. 1983; 2: 1076-1077
- The histopathology of dysplastic nevi. Continued controversy.Am J Dermatopathol. 1991; 13: 38-51
- Clinical diagnosis of dysplastic melanocytic nevi. A clinicopathologic correlation.J Am Acad Dermatol. 1986; 14: 1044-1052
- Dysplastic melanocytic nevi: a reproducible histologic definition emphasizing cellular morphology.Mod Pathol. 1989; 2: 306-319
- Dysplastic changes in different types of melanocytic nevi. A unifying concept.J Cutan Pathol. 1999; 26: 84-90
- Dysplastic naevi with moderate to severe histological dysplasia: a risk factor for melanoma.Br J Dermatol. 2006; 155: 988-993
- Reliability of the histopathologic diagnosis of melanocytic dysplasia. The Dysplastic Nevus Panel.Arch Dermatol. 1997; 133: 953-958
- A multiobserver, population-based analysis of histologic dysplasia in melanocytic nevi.J Am Acad Dermatol. 1994; 30: 707-714
- Histopathologic recognition and grading of dysplastic melanocytic nevi: an interobserver agreement study.J Invest Dermatol. 1993; 100: 318S-321S
- Discordance in the histopathologic diagnosis of difficult melanocytic neoplasms in the clinical setting.J Cutan Pathol. 2008; 35: 349-352
- Discordance in the histopathologic diagnosis of melanoma and melanocytic nevi between expert pathologists.Hum Pathol. 1996; 27: 528-531
- Grading of atypia in nevi: correlation with melanoma risk.Mod Pathol. 2003; 16: 764-771
- Ducking stray “magic bullets”: a Melan-A alert.Am J Dermatopathol. 2003; 25: 162-165
- A natural history of melanomas and dysplastic nevi: an atlas of lesions in melanoma-prone families.Cancer. 2002; 94: 3192-3209
- Evaluation of surgical margins in melanocytic lesions: a survey among 152 dermatopathologists.J Cutan Pathol. 2005; 32: 293-299
- Pathology and genetics of skin tumours.IARC Press, Lyon2006
- Number of melanocytic nevi as a major risk factor for malignant melanoma.J Am Acad Dermatol. 1987; 17: 459-468
- Clinically recognized dysplastic nevi. A central risk factor for cutaneous melanoma.JAMA. 1997; 277: 1439-1444
A version of this article was previously published in Surgical Pathology Clinics 2:3.
© 2011 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.