Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
- Population projections of the United States by age, sex, race and Hispanic origin: 1995 to 2050.U.S. Bureau of the Census, Current Population Reports, Washington, DC1996 (p. 25)
- Duration of red blood cell storage is associated with increased incidence of deep vein thrombosis and in hospital mortality in patients with traumatic injuries.Crit Care. 2009; 13: R151
- Duration of red-cell storage and complications after cardiac surgery.N Engl J Med. 2008; 358: 1229-1239
Triulzi DJ, Yazer MH. Clinical studies of the effect of blood storage on patient outcomes. Transfus Apher Sci, in press.
U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Public Workshop. Emerging arboviruses: evaluating the threat to transfusion and transplantation safety. Bethesda (MD), December 14–15, 2009.
- Preparation of white cell-depleted red cells for 42-day storage using an integral in-line filter.Transfusion. 1989; 29: 496-499
- Improved preservation of human red blood cells by lyophilization.Cryobiology. 2005; 51: 152-164
- Myoglobin function in the isolated fluorocarbon-perfused dog heart.Am J Physiol. 1978; 234: H567-H572
- Stem cells named breakthrough of the year.Science. 1999;
- Induction of pluripotent stem cells from mouse embryonic and adult fibroblast cultures by defined factors.Cell. 2006; 126: 663-676
- Human embryonic stem cell-derived CD34+ cells: efficient production in the coculture with OP9 stromal cells and analysis of lymphohematopoietic potential.Blood. 2005; 105: 617-626
- Human erythroid cells produced ex vivo at large scale differentiate into red blood cells in vivo.Nat Biotechnol. 2002; 20: 467-472
- Ex vivo generation of fully mature human red blood cells from hematopoietic stem cells.Nat Biotechnol. 2005; 23: 69-74
- In vitro clinical-grade generation of red blood cells from human umbilical cord blood CD34+ cells.Transfusion. 2008; 48: 2235-2245
- The potential of human peripheral blood derived CD34+ cells for ex vivo red blood cell production.J Biotechnol. 2009; 144: 127-134
- Ex vivo generation of human red blood cells: a new advance in stem cell engineering.Methods Mol Biol. 2009; 482: 127-140
- Dose-dependent effects of the Notch ligand Delta1 on ex vivo differentiation and in vivo marrow repopulating ability of cord blood cells.Blood. 2005; 106: 2693-2699
- Notch-mediated expansion of human cord blood progenitor cells capable of rapid myeloid reconstitution.Nat Med. 2010; 16: 232-236
- Bioartificial liver systems: why, what, whither?.Regen Med. 2008; 3: 575-595
- Mouse fetal liver cells in artificial capillary beds in three-dimensional four-compartment bioreactors.Am J Pathol. 2005; 167: 1279-1292
- Clinical extracorporeal hybrid liver support–phase I study with primary porcine liver cells.Xenotransplantation. 2003; 10: 460-469
- The magnetic properties and structure of hemoglobin, oxyhemoglobin and carbonmonoxyhemoglobin.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1936; 22: 210-216
- Direct magnetic separation of red cells from whole blood.Nature. 1975; 255: 706
- Red blood cell magnetophoresis.Biophys J. 2003; 84: 2638-2645
- Paramagnetic capture mode magnetophoretic microseparator for high efficiency blood cell separations.Lab Chip. 2006; 6: 265-273
- A glass microfluidic chip for continuous blood cell sorting by a magnetic gradient without labeling.Anal Bioanal Chem. 2008; 392: 1317-1324