Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
- Red cell substitutes.Semin Hematol. 2007; 44: 51-59
- Hemoglobin-based oxygen carriers. current status and future direction.Anesthesiology. 2009; 111: 946-963
- Oxygen therapeutics: can we tame haemoglobin?.Nat Rev Drug Discov. 2004; 3: 152-159
- Structural stabilization in tetrameric or polymeric hemoglobin determines its interaction with endogenous antioxidant scavenger pathways.Antioxid Redox Signal. 2008; 10: 1449-1462
- Pyridoxalated hemoglobin polyoxyethylene: a nitric oxide scavenger with antioxidant activity for the treatment of nitric oxide-induced shock.Free Radic Biol Med. 2000; 28: 1507-1517
- Hemolink, an O-raffinose crosslinked hemoglobin based oxygen carrier.in: Change T.M.S. Blood substitutes: principles, methods, products and clinical trials. Karger, Basel (Switzerland)1998: 62-79
- human recombinant haemoglobin designed for use as a blood substitute.Nature. 1992; 356: 258-260
- Crosslinking with O-raffinose lowers oxygen affinity and stabilizes haemoglobin in a non0-cooperative T-state.Biochem J. 2004; 384: 367-375
- O-raffinose cross-linked hemoglobin lacks site specific chemistry in the central cavity: structural and functional consequences of beta93cys modification proteins, structure, function and informatics.Proteins. 2005; 59: 840-855
- Structural and functional characterization of glutaraldehyde polymerized bovine hemoglobin and its isolated fractions.Anal Chem. 2005; 77: 3466-3478
- Chemical characterization of diaspirin cross-linked hemoglobin polymerized with ploy (ethylene glycol).Anal Chem. 2006; 78: 4634-4641
- Hemopsan: design, principles for a new class of oxygen therapeutics.Artif Organs. 2009; 33: 133-138
- Effects of cell-free hemoglobin on hypoxia inducible factor (HIF-1alpha) and heme oxygenase (HO-1) expression in endothelial cells subjected to hypoxia.Antioxid Redox Signal. 2004; 6: 944-953
- Effects of endogenous ascorbate on oxidation, oxygenation and toxicokinetics of cell-free modified hemoglobin after exchange transfusion in rats and guinea pigs.J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2007; 323: 49-60
- Acellular haemoglobin attenuates hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha (HIF-1alpha) and its target genes in haemodiluted rats.Biochem J. 2008; 414: 461-469
- Current status of oxygen carries (‘blood substitutes’): 2006.Vox Sang. 2006; 91: 102-110
- S.nitrosohaemoglobin: a dynamic activity of blood involved in vascular control.Nature. 1996; 380: 221-226
- Nitrite reduction to nitric oxide by deoxyhemoglobin vasodilates the human circulation.Nat Med. 2003; 9: 1498-1505
- Artificial oxygen carriers for trauma: myth or reality.Hosp Med. 2004; 65: 562-568
- Redox cycling of diaspirin cross-linked hemoglobin induces G2/M arrest and apoptosis in cultured endothelial cells.Blood. 2001; 98: 3315-3323
- Oxidation and haem loss kinetics of Poly(ethylene glycol)-conjugated (MP4): dissociation between in vitro and in vivo oxidation rates.Biochem J. 2006; 399: 463-471
- Sequestration of extracellular hemoglobin within haptoglobin complex decrease it hypertensive and oxidative effects in dogs and guinea pigs.J Clin Invest. 2009; 119: 2271-2280
- Haptoglobin preserves the CD163 hemoglobin scavenger pathway by shielding hemoglobin from peroxidative modification.Blood. 2009; 113: 2578-2586
The findings and conclusions in this article have not been formally disseminated by the Food and Drug Administration and should not be construed to represent any agency determination or policy.