Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
- Accuracy and impact of a point-of-care rapid influenza test in young children with respiratory illnesses.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2006; 160: 713-718
- Clinical and financial benefits of rapid detection of respiratory viruses: an outcomes study.J Clin Microbiol. 2000; 38: 2824-2828
- Impact of the rapid diagnosis of influenza on physician decision-making and patient management in the pediatric emergency department: results of a randomized, prospective, controlled trial.Pediatrics. 2003; 112: 363-367
- Cost-effectiveness of rapid diagnosis of viral respiratory tract infections in pediatric patients.J Clin Microbiol. 1997; 35: 1579-1581
- Immunological properties of an antibody containing a fluorescent group.Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1941; 47: 200-202
- Rapid diagnosis of human influenza infection from nasal smears by means of fluorescein-labeled antibody.Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1956; 92: 883-887
- Rapid detection of respiratory syncytial virus with a monoclonal antibody.J Clin Microbiol. 1983; 17: 1099-1101
- Rapid diagnosis of parainfluenza virus infection in children.J Clin Microbiol. 1982; 16: 164-167
- Production of monoclonal antibodies against parainfluenza 3 virus and their use in diagnosis by immunofluorescence.J Clin Microbiol. 1985; 22: 535-538
- Rapid diagnosis of respiratory disease due to adenovirus and mycoplasma.Arch Gesamte Virusforsch. 1969; 28: 34-40
- Prospective study of human metapneumovirus detection in clinical samples by use of light diagnostics direct immunofluorescence reagent and real-time PCR.J Clin Microbiol. 2008; 46: 1098-1100
- Rapid virus diagnosis.2nd edition. Butterworths & Co, London, UK1980
- SimulFluor respiratory screen for rapid detection of multiple respiratory viruses in clinical specimens by immunofluorescence staining.J Clin Microbiol. 2000; 38: 708-711
- Immunofluorescence.in: Specter S. Hodinka R.L. Young S.A. Clinical virology manual. 4th edition. ASM Press, Washington, DC2009: 77-88
- Suboptimal detection of influenza virus in adults by the Directigen Flu A+B enzyme immunoassay and correlation of results with the number of antigen-positive cells detected by cytospin immunofluorescence.J Clin Microbiol. 2003; 41: 3407-3409
Crowell M, Baalman N. Evaluation of the diagnostic hybrids D3 Ultra Duet respiratory virus identification kit for the detection of respiratory viruses directly from clinical specimens. In: 25th annual clinical virology symposium. Daytona Beach (FL); 2009.
- Comparison of quantitative cytomegalovirus antigenemia assay with culture methods and correlation with clinical disease.J Clin Microbiol. 1993; 31: 2851-2856
- Detection of herpes simplex virus in clinical specimens by cytospin-enhanced direct immunofluorescence.J Clin Microbiol. 1997; 35: 302-304
- Use of fluorescent-antibody staining of cytocentrifuge-prepared smears in combination with cell culture for direct detection of respiratory viruses.J Clin Microbiol. 1998; 36: 2112-2114
- Evaluation of R-Mix shell vials for the diagnosis of viral respiratory tract infections.J Clin Virol. 2004; 30: 100-105
- Automated detection of immunofluorescently labeled cytomegalovirus-infected cells in isolated peripheral blood leukocytes using decision tree analysis.Cytometry A. 2004; 58: 147-156
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA). Quantitative assay of immunoglobulin G.Immunochemistry. 1971; 8: 871-874
- Detection of respiratory syncytial virus in nasopharyngeal secretions by ELISA: comparison with fluorescent antibody technique.J Med Virol. 1982; 10: 273-281
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for detection of respiratory syncytial virus infection: application to clinical samples.J Clin Microbiol. 1982; 16: 329-333
- Enzyme immunoassay for direct detection of influenza type A and adenovirus antigens in clinical specimens.J Clin Microbiol. 1982; 15: 5-11
- Evaluation of the Binax NOW, BD Directigen, and BD Directigen EZ assays for detection of respiratory syncytial virus.J Clin Microbiol. 2004; 42: 2996-2999
- Lack of sensitivity of rapid antigen tests for the diagnosis of respiratory syncytial virus infection in adults.J Clin Virol. 2003; 28: 169-174
- Efficacy and safety of the neuraminidase inhibitor zanamivir in the treatment of influenzavirus infections. GG167 Influenza Study Group.N Engl J Med. 1997; 337: 874-880
- Rapid diagnostic tests for influenza.Med Lett Drugs Ther. 1999; 41: 121-122
- Comparison of Binax NOW and Directigen for rapid detection of influenza A and B.J Clin Virol. 2004; 31: 113-115
- Comparison of two new rapid antigen detection assays for respiratory syncytial virus with another assay and shell vial culture.J Clin Virol. 2004; 31: 130-133
- Clinical performance of the 3M Rapid Detection Flu A+B Test compared to R-Mix culture, DFA and BinaxNOW Influenza A&B Test.J Clin Virol. 2009; 45: 146-149
- Analytical and clinical sensitivity of the 3M rapid detection influenza A+B assay.J Clin Microbiol. 2008; 46: 3804-3807
- Practical and sensitive screening strategy for detection of influenza virus.J Clin Microbiol. 2002; 40: 4353-4356
- Rapid assays for the diagnosis of influenza A and B viruses in patients evaluated at a large tertiary care children's hospital during two consecutive winter seasons.J Clin Virol. 2008; 41: 143-147
- Performance of six influenza rapid tests in detecting human influenza in clinical specimens.J Clin Virol. 2007; 39: 132-135
- Around-the-clock, rapid diagnosis of influenza by means of membrane chromatography antigen testing confirmed by polymerase chain reaction.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008; 29: 177-179
- Comparison of a new neuraminidase detection assay with an enzyme immunoassay, immunofluorescence, and culture for rapid detection of influenza A and B viruses in nasal wash specimens.J Clin Microbiol. 2000; 38: 1161-1165
- Evaluation of Binax NOW RSV as an acute point-of-care screening test in a paediatric accident and emergency unit.Commun Dis Public Health. 2004; 7: 328-330
Shaw J, Vukajlovic S, Madse R, et al. Evaluation of the fluID™ rapid influenza test. In: 25th annual clinical virology symposium. Daytona Beach (FL); 2009.
- Sensitivity of rapid immunoassay for influenza A and B in the early phase of the disease.Pediatr Int. 2009; 51: 211-215
- Comparison of nasopharyngeal flocked swabs and aspirates for rapid diagnosis of respiratory viruses in children.J Clin Virol. 2008; 42: 65-69
- Comparison between pernasal flocked swabs and nasopharyngeal aspirates for detection of common respiratory viruses in samples from children.J Clin Microbiol. 2008; 46: 2414-2417
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
- ErratumClinics in Laboratory MedicineVol. 30Issue 1
- PreviewAn error occurred in the article ‘Developments in Immunologic Assays for Respiratory Viruses’ by Marie Louise Landry, Volume 29, Issue 4, Page 638 (December 2009). The credit line for Table 1 should have been placed with Table 2, and read “Data from Landry ML, Ferguson D. Suboptimal detection of influenza virus in adults by the Directigen Flu A+B enzyme immunoassay and correlation of results with the number of antigen-positive cells detected by cytospin immunofluorescence. J Clin Microbiol 2003;41:3407–9.” We apologize for this oversight.