Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Lewandrowski E, Nichols J, Van Cott E, et al. Implementation of a rapid whole blood D-dimer test in the emergency department of an urban academic medical center: impact on ED length of stay and ancillary test utilization. Am J Clin Pathol, in press.
Foster K, Despotis G, Scott M. Point-of-care testing. Cost issues and impact on hospital operations. In: Lewandrowski K, guest editor. Point of care testing. Clinics in laboratory medicine, Vol. 21, no. 2. St. Louis (MO): Elsevier Saunders; 2001. p. 269–84.
- Utilization and cost analysis of bedside capillary glucose testing in a large teaching hospital: implications for the management of point of care testing.Am J Med. 1994; 97: 222-230
- The fiscal consequences of central vs. distributed testing of glucose.Clin Chem. 1994; 40: 1628-1630
- Cost analysis of point-of-care laboratory testing in a community hospital.Am J Clin Pathol. 1995; 103: 240-243
- Point-of-care versus central laboratory testing: an ecomonic analysis in an academic medical center.Clin Ther. 1995; 16: 898-910
- Implementation of a point of care satellite laboratory in the emergency department of an academic medical center: impact on test turnaround time and patient length of stay.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2003; 127: 456-460
- Laboratory process improvement through point-of-care testing.Jt Comm J Qual Improv. 1997; 23: 362-380
Lewandrowski K. Point-of-care testing: an overview and look to the future. In: Lewandrowski K, guest editor. Point of care testing. Clinics in laboratory medicine, Vol. 21, no. 2. St Louis (MO): Elsevier Saunders; 2001. p. 217–39.
- Implementation of point-of-care rapid urine drugs of abuse testing in the emergency department of an academic medical center: impact on test utilization and ED length of stay.Am J Clin Pathol. 2008; 129: 796-801
- Use of B-type natriuretic peptide in the evaluation and management of acute dyspnea.N Engl J Med. 2004; 350: 647-654
- The impact of amino-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide testing on hospital length of stay and morbidity in patients with acute decompensated heart failure.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2007; 131: 473-476
- Executive summary. The National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry Laboratory Medicine Practice Guideline: evidence-based practice for point-of-care testing.Clin Chim Acta. 2007; 379: 14-28
- Price C. Hicks J. Point of care testing. 1st edition. AACC Press, Washington, DC1999
Lewandrowski K, guest editor. Point of care testing. Clinics in laboratory medicine, Vol. 21, no. 2. St Louis (MO): Elsevier Saunders; 2001.
- Decreased patient charges following implementation of point-of-care cardiac troponin monitoring in acute coronary syndrome patients in a community hospital cardiology unit.Clin Chim Acta. 2006; 370: 191-195
- Point-of-care testing reduces length of stay in emergency department chest pain patients.Ann Emerg Med. 2005; 45: 587-591
Storrow A. A systematic review of emergency department point-of-care cardiac markers and ED efficiency measures. Point of Care, in press.
- Point-of-care testing: a randomized, controlled trial of clinical outcome.BMJ. 1998; 316: 1052-1057
- Impact of point-of-care testing on patient's length of stay in a large emergency department.Clin Chem. 1996; 42: 711-717
- Monitoring of hemostasis in cardiac surgical patients: impact of point-of-care testing on blood loss and transfusion outcomes.Clin Chem. 1997; 43: 1684-1696