Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Glynn MK, Rhodes P. Estimated HIV prevalence in the United States at the end of 2003. Presented at the 2005 National HIV Prevention Conference, Atlanta, Georgia; June 14, 2005 [abstract T1-B1101].
- Usefulness of a rapid human immunodeficiency virus-1 antibody test for the management of occupational exposure to blood and body fluid.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2005; 26: 768-774
- HIV in the United States at the turn of the century: an epidemic in transition.Am J Public Health. 2001; 91: 1060-1068
- HIV prevention strategic plan through 2005.CDC, Atlanta (GA)2001
- Can increasing awareness of HIV seropositivity reduce infections by 50% in the United States?.J Acquir Immune defic Syndr. 2007; 44: 360-363
Marks G, Crepaz N, Janssen RS. Estimating the sexual transmission of HIV from persons aware and unaware that they are infected with the virus in the USA. AIDS 206;20:1447–50.
- Overcoming barriers to HIV testing: preferences for new strategies among clients of a needle exchange, a sexually transmitted disease clinic, and sex venues for men who have sex with men.J Acquir Immune defic Syndr. 2003; 32: 318-327
- Performance characteristics of a rapid HIV antibody assay in a hospital with high prevalence of HIV infection.Ann Intern Med. 1996; 125: 471-475
- Rapid testing for HIV antibody: a technology whose time has come.Ann Intern Med. 1996; 125: 509-511
- Opportunities of targeting publicly funded human immunodeficiency virus counseling and testing.J Acquir Immune defic Syndr. 1996; 12: 69-74
- Proposed HIV test algorithms for consideration.(Available at:)Accessed April 12, 2009)
- Home testing for HIV—boon or bane?.J Clin Microbiol. 2006; 44: 3473-3476
- User acceptability and feasibility of self-testing with HIV rapid tests.J Acquir Immune defic Syndr. 2007; 45: 449-453
- Summary of safety and effectiveness, CBER. Oraquick Rapid HIV-1.(Available at:)Accessed April 10, 2007)
- Summary of safety and effectiveness, CBER. Uni-Gold Recombigen HIV.(Available at:)Accessed April 10, 2007)
- Summary of safety and effectiveness, CBER. MedMira reveal rapid HIV-1 antibody test.(Available at:)Accessed April 10, 2007)
- Summary of safety and effectiveness, CBER. Bio-rad multispot HIV-1/HIV-2 rapid test.(Available at:)Accessed April 10, 2007)
- Summary of safety and effectiveness, CBER. Chembio HIV 1/2 STAT-PAK assay.(Available at:)Accessed April 10, 2007)
- Perfomance of the OraQuick rapid antibody test in diagnosis of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection in patients with various levels of exposure to highly active antiretroviral therapy.J Clin Microbiol. 2003; 41: 2153-2155
- Assessment of rapid tests for detection of human immunodeficiency virus–specific antibodies in recently infected individuals.J Clin Microbiol. 2008; 46: 1494-1497
- Evaluation of rapid HIV testing strategies in under equipped laboratories in the Central African Republic.J Virol Methods. 2005; 126: 75-80
- Advantages of an alternative strategy based on consecutive HIV serological tests for detection of HIV antibodies in Central African Republic.J Virol Methods. 2003; 111: 129-134
- Evaluation of an alternative confirmatory strategy for the diagnosis of HIV infection in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, based on simple rapid assays.J Virol Methods. 2002; 100: 115-120
- Evaluation of a 3 rapid test algorithm for the diagnosis of HIV infection at point of care rapid testing facilities: strategy 4 data needs.(2007 HIV Diagnostics Conference, oral presentation. Available at:)Accessed April 12, 2009)
- Retrospective application of the proposed CDC/APHL rapid testing algorithm in New Jersey 2004–2007.(2007 HIV Diagnostics Conference, oral presentation. Available at:)Accessed April 12, 2009)
- Implementing a laboratory-based rapid HIV testing algorithm using two different test kits in a hospital emergency department.(2007 HIV Diagnostics Conference, oral presentation. Available at:)Accessed April 12, 2009)
- Comparing the performance of the APHL/CDC proposed POC testing strategies and other potential options using data from the CDC's evaluation of FDA approved rapid tests.(2007 HIV Diagnostics Conference, oral presentation. Available at:)Accessed April 12, 2009)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. False-positive oral fluid rapid HIV tests—New York City, 2005–2008. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 57:660–5.
- Implementing a multiple rapid HIV test algorithm to quickly identify false positive rapid tests and provide immediate referral to care for persons likely to be infected with HIV, San Francisco, CA 2007.(2007 HIV Diagnostic Conference, oral presentation. Available at:)Accessed April 12, 2009)
- Training and quality assurance for a rapid test algorithm: lessons from implementation, San Francisco, CA 2007.(2007 HIV Diagnostic Conference, oral presentation. Available at:)Accessed April 12, 2009)
- Rapid testing strategies for HIV-1 serodiagnosis in high-prevalence African settings.Am J Prev Med. 2004; 27: 42-48
- Cost comparison of three HIV counseling and testing technologies.Am J Prev Med. 2003; 25: 112-121
- Rapid point-of-care HIV testing in pregnant women: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Trop Med Int Health. 2007; 12: 162-173
- Reducing the odds: preventing perinatal transmission of HIV in the United States.National Academy Press, Washington, DC1999
- Rapid HIV-1 testing during labour: a multicenter study.JAMA. 2004; 292: 219-223
- Rapid HIV testing, pregnancy, antiretroviral prophylaxis and infant abandonment in St. Petersburg.Int J STD AIDS. 2007; 18: 120-122
- Emergency department management of occupational exposures: cost analysis of rapid HIV test.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2001; 22: 289-293
- Advantages of the rapid HIV-1 test in occupational accidents with potentially contaminated material among health workers.Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo. 2001; 43: 199-201
- Benefits of a rapid HIV test for evaluation of the source patient after occupational exposure of healthcare workers.J Hosp Infect. 2004; 57: 179-182
- Post-marketing surveillance of OraQuick whole blood and oral fluid rapid HIV testing. CDC, HIV/AIDS surveillance report.US Department of Health and Human Services, Atlanta (GA)2006 (2005:1-5320:1661–6)
- Performance of he OraQuick and Hema-strip rapid HIV antibody detection assays by non-laboratorians.J Clin Virol. 2004; 30: 229-232
- Quality assurance guidelines for testing using the OraQuick rapid HIV-1 antibody test.US Department of Health and Human Services, Atlanta (GA)2003
- Good laboratory practices for waived testing sites survey findings from testing sites holding a certificate of waiver under the clinical laboratory improvement amendments of 1988 and recommendations for promoting quality testing.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2005; 54: 1-25
- Community-based rapid HIV testing in homeless and marginally housed adults in San Francisco.HIV Med. 2007; 8: 28-31
- Expanding the horizons: new approaches to providing HIV testing services in the United States.Public Health Rep. 2008; 123: 1-4
Campbell S, Campos J, Hall GS, et al. Chapter 8. Infectious diseases. In: National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry laboratory medicine practice guidelines: evidence-based practice for point-of-care testing, Nichols J, editor. 2007.
- Rapid HIV testing: issues in implementation.AIDS Patient Care STDs. 2004; 18: 15-18
- Towards universal access: scaling up priority HIV/AIDS interventions in the health sector.Progress report. April 2007; (Available at:) (Accessed April 12, 2009)