Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
- Development of a data warehouse at an academic health system: knowing a place for the first time.Acad Med. 2005; 80: 1019-1025
- Using an information warehouse to screen patients for clinical trials: a prototype.Proc AMIA Symp. 2005; : 1004
- The data warehouse as a foundation for population-based reference intervals.Am J Clin Pathol. 2003; 120: 662-670
- Case study: a data warehouse for an academic medical center.J Healthc Inf Manag. 2001; 15: 165-175
- Data warehouse and data mining in a surgical clinic.Stud Health Technol Inform. 2000; 77: 784-789
- Development of a clinical data warehouse for hospital infection control.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2003; 10: 454-462
- Optimizing healthcare research data warehouse design through past COSTAR query analysis.Proc AMIA Symp. 1999; : 892-896
- Life cycle of a data warehousing project in healthcare.J Healthc Inf Manag. 2001; 15: 107-117
- The catch data warehouse: support for community health care decision-making.Decision Support Systems. 2003; 35: 367-384
Sittig DF, Pappas J, Rubalcaba P. Building and using a clinical data repository. Available at: http://www.informatics-review.com/thoughts/cdr.html. Accessed April 23, 2007.
- The data warehouse toolkit.John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, NY1996
- Scaling an expert system data mart: more facilities in real-time.Proc AMIA Symp. 1998; : 498-502
- Metadata-driven creation of data marts from an EAV-modeled clinical research database.Int J Med Inform. 2002; 65: 225-241
- Database systems: design, implementation, and management.7th edition. Thomson/Course Technology, Boston2007
- Building the data warehouse.4th edition. Wiley, Indianapolis (IN)2005
- Medical data mining: knowledge discovery in a clinical data warehouse.Proc AMIA Symp. 1997; : 101-105
- Data mining methods for improving birth outcomes prediction.Outcomes Manag. 2002; 6: 80-85
- Mining a clinical data warehouse to discover disease-finding associations using co-occurrence statistics.Proc AMIA Symp. 2005; : 106-110
- Data mining and clinical data repositories: insights from a 667,000 patient data set.Comput Biol Med. 2006; 36: 1351-1377
- Co-morbidity data in outcomes research: are clinical data derived from administrative databases a reliable alternative to chart review?.J Clin Epidemiol. 2000; 53: 343-349
- Assessing quality using administrative data.Ann Intern Med. 1997; 127: 666-674
- Features to consider in a data warehousing system.Commun ACM. 2003; 46: 111-115
Weber R, Schek H, Blott S. A quantitative analysis and performance study for similarity-search methods in high-dimensional spaces. VLDB'98, Proceedings of the twenty fourth International Conference on Very Large Data Bases; 1998. p. 194–205.
- Why is the snowflake schema a good data warehouse design?.Information Systems. 2003; 28: 225-240
- Data extraction and ad hoc query of an entity-attribute-value database.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 1998; 5: 511-527
- Implementing a data warehouse at Inglis Innovative Services.J Healthc Inf Manag. 2001; 15: 87-97
- A visual interface designed for novice users to find research patient cohorts in a large biomedical database.Proc AMIA Symp. 2003; : 489-493
- Toward best practice: leveraging the electronic patient record as a clinical data warehouse.J Healthc Inf Manag. 2001; 15: 119-131
- Scaling a data retrieval and mining application to the enterprise-wide level.Proc AMIA Symp. 1999; : 901-905
- Dynamic tables: an architecture for managing evolving, heterogeneous biomedical data in relational database management systems.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2007; 14: 86-93
- Mapping from a clinical data warehouse to the HL7 reference information model.Proc AMIA Symp. 2003; : 920
HL7. Health level 7. Available at: http://www.hl7.org. Accessed June 15, 2007.
- Knowledge sharing and information integration in healthcare using ontologies and deductive databases.Medinfo. 2004; 11: 62-66
- Standardizing laboratory data by mapping to LOINC.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2006; 13: 353-355
- Concept-match medical data scrubbing. How pathology text can be used in research.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2003; 127: 680-686
National Institutes of Health. Clinical research and the HIPAA privacy rule. Available at: http://privacyruleandresearch.nih.gov/clin_research.asp. Accessed June 18, 2007.
- Creation of clinical research databases in the 21st century: a practical algorithm for HIPAA compliance.Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2006; 7: 37-44
- Evaluating common de-identification heuristics for personal health information.J Med Internet Res. 2006; 8: E28
- Evaluation of a deidentification (de-id) software engine to share pathology reports and clinical documents for research.Am J Clin Pathol. 2004; 121: 176-186
- Development and evaluation of an open source software tool for deidentification of pathology reports.BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2006; 6: 12-21
- UMLS concept indexing for production databases: a feasibility study.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2001; 8: 80-91
- MediClass: a system for detecting and classifying encounter-based clinical events in any electronic medical record.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2005; 12: 517-529
- SPIN query tools for de-identified research on a humongous database.Proc AMIA Symp. 2005; : 515-519