The authors of this article formulate a strategy to guide residents and faculty in laboratory hematology. The authors build upon the recommendations of the Academy of Clinical Laboratory Physicians and Scientists (ACLPS) published earlier as well as draw from their own experiences, in discussing principles that should be considered when implementing a program that effectively trains residents to be competent pathologists in the various settings that they may encounter once they complete training.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Curriculum content and evaluation of resident competency in clinical pathology (laboratory medicine): a proposal.Clin Chem. 2006; 52: 917-949
- Recommendations for reform of clinical pathology residency training. Conjoint Task Force of Clinical Pathology Residency Training Writing Committee.Am J Clin Pathol. 1995; 103 (127–29)
- College of American Pathologists. 2002 Practice Characteristics Survey.College of American Pathologists, Northfield (IL)2003
- Expectations and essentials for the community practice of pathology.Hum Pathol. 2006; 37: 969-973
- Erythrocyte disorders.in: McPherson R. Pincus M. Henry's diagnosis and management by laboratory methods. Saunders Elsevier, Philadelphia2007: 504-544
- Platelet function analyzer (PFA)-100 closure time in the evaluation of platelet disorders and platelet function.J Thromb Haemost. 2006; 4: 312-319
- Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia: recognition, treatment, and prevention: the Seventh ACCP Conference on Antithrombotic and Thrombolytic Therapy.Chest. 2004; 126: 311S-337S
© 2007 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.