Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
- Stedman's medical dictionary.28th edition. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia2006
- Clinical chemistry as scientific discipline: historical perspectives.Clin Chim Acta. 1994; 232: 1-9
- Evolving concepts of the role of pathology and their respective dilemmas.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1986; 110: 269-274
- Residency training in clinical chemistry: a review of behavioral objectives.Am J Clin Pathol. 1972; 58: 140-144
- The changing role of the clinical laboratory scientist: coming out of the basement.Clin Chem. 1995; 41: 1211-1214
- Clinical chemistry education in the United States.Clin Chim Acta. 1994; 232: 53-61
American Society for Clinical Pathology. 2006 resident council fellowship & job market survey. Available at: http://www.ascp.org/careerLinks/pdf/2006JobMarketSurvey.pdf. Accessed January 6, 2007.
American Board of Pathology. Requirements for primary and subspecialty certification. Available at: http://www.abpath.org/ReqForCert.htm. Accessed November 12, 2006.
ACGME. Program requirements for graduate medical education in anatomic pathology and clinical pathology. Available at: www.acgme.org. Accessed January 6, 2007.
- Learning objectives in resident training. Objectives in clinical chemistry.Am J Clin Pathol. 1976; 65: 1026-1029
- A program for residency training in clinical pathology.Am J Clin Pathol. 1979; 71: 457-464
- A laboratory medicine residency training program that includes clinical consultation and research.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1990; 114: 360-362
- A program of training in chemical pathology for residents in pathology.Am J Clin Pathol. 1982; 77: 196-203
- Clinical diagnosis and management by laboratory methods.20th edition. W.B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia2001
- Tietz fundamentals of clinical chemistry.5th edition. W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia2001
- Clarke W. Dufour D.R. Contemporary practice in clinical chemistry. AACC Press, Washington, DC2006
- Appleton & Lange's outline review clinical chemistry.McGraw-Hill Medical, New York2001
- Curriculum content and evaluation of resident competency in clinical pathology (laboratory medicine): a proposal.Clin Chem. 2006; 52: 917-949
- Recommendations for reform of clinical pathology residency training. Conjoint task force of clinical pathology residency training writing committee.Am J Clin Pathol. 1995; 103: 127-129
- ASCP Colorado Springs Conference IV: Clinical pathology residency. Curriculum reform.Am J Clin Pathol. 1993; 100: S7-S14
- A guide to defining the competence required of a consultant in clinical chemistry and laboratory medicine.Clin Chem Lab Med. 2005; 43: 654-659
- EC4 European syllabus for post-graduate training in clinical chemistry and laboratory medicine: version 3-2005.Clin Chem Lab Med. 2006; 44: 110-120
- Implementation of a successful on-call system in clinical chemistry.Am J Clin Pathol. 1997; 108: 556-563
- Management training for pathology residents. I. Results of a national survey.Am J Clin Pathol. 1994; 101: 559-563
- A clinical laboratory management elective for pathology residents.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1992; 116: 108-110
- Management training for pathology residents. II. Experience with a focused curriculum.Am J Clin Pathol. 1994; 101: 564-568
- Education in laboratory management for pathology residents.Am J Clin Pathol. 1987; 87: 402-404
- Errors in pathology and laboratory medicine: consequences and prevention.J Surg Oncol. 2004; 88: 161-181
McKenna BJ, Culver-Edgar L. Pathology resident education in laboratory administration and clinical chemistry is less effective than other areas of pathology, as measured by the ASCP Resident In-Service Examination (RISE). Paper presented at the Institute for Quality in Laboratory Medicine: Recognizing Excellence in Practice. Atlanta (GA), Poster # 35, April 28–30, 2005.
- Value-added laboratory medicine in an era of managed care.Clin Chem. 1995; 41: 1256-1262
Dr. Krasowski is supported by a clinical-scientist development award K08-GM074238-01A1 from the National Institutes of Health. Dr. Genzen is supported by training grant 2T32HL007974-05 from the National Institutes of Health.