- Argani P.
- Ladanyi M.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
- Renal carcinomas associated with Xp11.2 translocations/TFE3 gene fusions.in: Eble J.N. Sauter G. Epstein J. Pathology and genetics of tumors of the urinary system & male genital organs. IARC, Lyon (France)2003: 37-38
- The t(X;1) (p11.2;q21.2) translocation in papillary renal cell carcinoma fuses a novel gene PRCC to the TFE3 transcription factor gene.Hum Mol Genet. 1996; 5: 1333-1338
- Fusion of the transcription factor TFE3 gene to a novel gene, PRCC, in t(X;1)(p11.2;q21)-positive papillary renal cell carcinomas.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1996; 93: 294-298
- Fusion of splicing factor genes PSF and NonO (p54nrb) to the TFE3 gene in papillary renal cell carcinoma.Oncogene. 1997; 15: 2233-2239
- Cloning of a novel CLTC-TFE3 gene fusion in pediatric renal adenocarcinoma with t(X;17)(p11.2;q23).Oncogene. 2003; 22: 5374-5378
- Renal adenocarcinoma in an 8-year-old child, with a t(X;17)(p11.2;q25).Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 1995; 83: 82-83
- Renal cell carcinoma in children. A different disorder from its adult counterpart?.Med Pediatr Oncol. 1998; 31: 153-158
- Alveolar soft-part sarcoma. Further evidence by FISH for the involvement of chromosome band 17q25.Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 1998; 23: 194-197
- Cytogenetics of a renal cell carcinoma in a 17-month-old child. Evidence for Xp11.2 as a recurring breakpoint.Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 1991; 57: 11-17
- The der(17)t(X;17)(p11;q25) of human alveolar soft part sarcoma fuses the TFE3 transcription factor gene to ASPL, a novel gene at 17q25.Oncogene. 2001; 20: 48-57
- Primary renal neoplasms with the ASPL-TFE3 gene fusion of alveolar soft part sarcoma. A distinctive tumor entity previously included among renal cell carcinomas of children and adolescents.Am J Pathol. 2001; 159: 179-192
- Fusion of a novel gene, RCC17, to the TFE3 gene in t(X;17)(p11.2;q25.3)-bearing papillary renal cell carcinomas.Cancer Res. 2001; 61: 4130-4135
- Renal cell carcinoma in children and young adults: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study of 14 cases.Mod Pathol. 2003; 16 ([abstract]): 145A
- Morphologic and molecular characterization of renal cell carcinoma in children and young adults.Am J Surg Pathol. 2004; 28: 1117-1132
- Papillary renal cell carcinoma with t(X;1) and clinicopathologic associations.Mod Pathol. 2004; 17 ([abstract]): 265
- Renal cell carcinomas in children and young adults: increased incidence of papillary architecture and unique subtypes.Am J Surg Pathol. 1999; 23: 795-802
- PRCC-TFE3 renal carcinomas. Morphologic, immunohistochemical, ultrastructural, and molecular analysis of an entity associated with the t(X;1)(p11.2;q21).Am J Surg Pathol. 2002; 26: 1553-1566
- Translocation (X;1) in papillary renal cell carcinoma. A new cytogenetic subtype.Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 1993; 65: 1-6
- Two new cases of papillary renal cell carcinoma with t(X;1)(p11;q21) in females.Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 1999; 110: 54-56
- Aberrant nuclear immunoreactivity for TFE3 in neoplasms with TFE3 gene fusions: a sensitive and specific immunohistochemical assay.Am J Surg Pathol. 2003; 27: 750-761
- PRCC, the commonest TFE3 fusion partner in papillary renal carcinoma is associated with pre-mRNA splicing factors.Oncogene. 2001; 20: 178-187
- Clathrin: anatomy of a coat protein.Trends Cell Biol. 1999; 9: 335-338
- Clathrin.Annu Rev Biochem. 2000; 69: 699-727
- Nuclear localization and transactivating capacities of the papillary renal cell carcinoma-associated TFE3 and PRCC (fusion) proteins.Oncogene. 2000; 19: 69-74
- Impairment of MAD2B-PRCC interaction in mitotic checkpoint defective t(X;1)-positive renal cell carcinomas.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2001; 98: 808-813
- Global gene expression profiles of renal carcinomas with Xp11 translocations (TFE3 gene fusions) suggest a closer relationship to alveolar soft part sarcoma than to adult type renal cell carcinomas.Mod Pathol. 2004; 17 ([abstract]): 163A
- Two cases of renal cell carcinoma, clear cell type, revealing at(6;11)(p21;q13).Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 1996; 91 ([abstract]): 141
- A distinctive pediatric renal neoplasm characterized by epithelioid morphology, basement membrane production, focal HMB45 immunoreactivity, and t(6; 11)(p21.1; q12) chromosome translocation.Am J Pathol. 2001; 158: 2089-2096
- Distinctive chromosomal translocations in pediatric renal cell carcinoma.Mod Pathol. 2002; 15 ([abstract]): 7P
- Cloning of a novel Alpha-TFEB fusion in renal tumors harboring the t(6;11)(p21;q12) chromosome translocation.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2003; 100: 6051-6056
- Upregulation of the transcription factor TFEB in t(6;11)(p21;q13)-positive renal cell carcinomas due to promoter substitution.Hum Mol Genet. 2003; 12: 1661-1669
Argani P, Laé M, Hutchinson B, et al. Renal carcinomas with the t(6;11)(p21;q12). Clinicopathologic features and demonstration of the specific Alpha-TFEB gene fusion by immunohistochemistry, RT-PCR, and DNA-PCR. Am J Surg Pathol 2005;29:230–40.
- Diagnostic utility of microphthalmia transcription factor in malignant melanoma and other tumors.Adv Anat Pathol. 2001; 8: 273-275
- Microphthalmia, a critical factor in melanocytic development, defines a discrete transcription factor family.Genes Dev. 1994; 8: 2770-2780
- Distinctive neoplasms characterized by specific chromosome translocations comprise a significant proportion of pediatric renal cell carcinomas.Pathology. 2003; 35: 492-498
- TFE3, a transcription factor homologous to microphthalmia, is a potential transcriptional activator of tyrosinase and Tyrpl genes.Mol Endocrinol. 2000; 14: 449-456
- Microphthalmia-associated transcription factor: a critical regulator of pigment cell development and survival.Oncogene. 2003; 22: 3035-3041
- Mitf and Tfe3, two members of the Mitf-Tfe family of transcription factors, have important but functionally redundant roles in osteoclast development.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2002; 99: 4477-4482
This work was supported in part by NIH RO1 CA95785 (to ML).